Lost In Time new PVE - how did you like it?

Options
Ed_Dragonrider
Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
Let's have a thread for the good and the bad of the entire event, hopefully they'll see the feedback.

Please try to consider the event itself, and not whether it was 'worthy' of the anniversary or not.

So how did you like it? (Please specify, if possible)

Lost In Time new PVE - how did you like it? 116 votes

Absolutely loved it! (How soon can we have it again?)
25%
ZeiramMRwymtimeacescrackeddgt73UNC_Samuraiy4747MalcrofTony_FootZombionicdoomJackDeath666JHawkIncbluewolfmaguirenumber6kennn712Monsoon3purplemurbowla33PtahhotepKC_Hammerrandomhero1090 29 votes
It was fine, I'm good with it...
55%
PorkBellychamber44KolencexKOBALTxIridiousZommyGDAXP_ismeorbitalintMrBowersZootSaxChipster22CT1888liminal_ladtiomonoDukeUpdateJackTenrecsambrookjm[Deleted User]The Viceroy Returnsrg72 64 votes
I didn't like it, but I'll live (and play)
5%
Wonko33firethorneNeuromancerdokiyitsuka7branthur 6 votes
I'd rather have met Rocket and Groot instead (I hated it)
0%
Chitown 1 vote
I couldn't care less one way or another/ I'm neutral on this/ Meh whatever
8%
abmorazjtmageegrunth13pheregasLopan15ammenelln25phillyTenebraeAres76tupacboy 10 votes
It's complicated.... aka 'Other' (please specify)
5%
Twomp_thaDJLLohmLilithDyingLegendshardwickThaRoadWarrior 6 votes

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Overall, I like this event:

The plus:

1. The nodes are placed neatly and most of the nodes can be viewed at one glance on my mobile phone, compared to having to swipe around the screen two or three times.

2. The last node is an actual boss node, compared to most other PvEs, where the last nodes are not much different from the other hard nodes.

3. The essential and hard nodes in the last sub have a "Simulator PvE" feel. I see meta 4* team and popular 3* team nodes.

4. The boost all in the last sub was a nice surprise.

5. The graphic in the main sub hinting what kind of nodes to expect, except for the last one. The graphic was nicely done up.

The minus:
    1. Minimal dialogues
    2. Mindless one

Neutral:
    1. I didn't notice the IM node until I defeated Cap node. I was reading it twice and wondering where IM was. There was visual showing IM and Cap in the background but I was speeding through the nodes.

2. 3* Dr Doom being used on the background instead of 5* Dr Doom.

I hope more meta teams will be used as opponents in future (new) PvEs, such as WorthyCap, Bishop and future new meta teams. *wink* 

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing that caught me off-guard in this event was that the boss node at the end of each sub was not a one-time clear like it normally is.  Other than that, it was one of the better new PvE they've done.

The "BOOST ALL THE CHARACTERS" sub for #3 was a nice way to expand the normal number of teams you play, if you weren't going for the "Thanos/4-star Rocket 3-turn kill."
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would change the boss nodes to being one time nodes otherwise I enjoyed it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to play it again at SCL8 as I "played up" to get a 2099 cover and so I can judge it better when it was more evenly scaled for my roster limits (still not sure how I even took down that node with GladiaThor even once - was tough!) So run again as a non release event, yes please.

The last sub was definitely the most fun.

Things that could be improved:

Whilst not affected myself it seems a few players were caught out about being able to choose a side on day 2 Civil War so perhaps the node placements on that screen might be improved.

Is the tight points margin on progression intended? Fine if it is but possibly confirmation on that would be nice.

That mindless one sub on Day 1 seemed more horrible than normal. Could be as I played Scl9 so this may not be valid feedback.

And one bugbear which I mentioned earlier elsewhere - is minor but why couldn't we have had God Emperor Doom artwork for Day 3 background? Not a deal breaker but a shame.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More please, more puzzles as repeatable last nodes. Break up the speed with some failable nodes, not needed for full progression but split the scores and slow down the thanos gritty or whatever else is the speed team or the moment.

Scale them harder and harder. Survival of the fittest on the last node.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I liked the bosses. I liked the event in general in fact. The everyone boosted part was just great fun. It was the part that felt like a celebration of MPQ so very appropriate for the Anniversary. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, I dug it. Everyone boosted was the obvious highlight. I do like boss nodes as well though.

Only node I didn’t enjoy was god mode Gamora/Medusa/Rocket. Man, Gamora would be a real contender if she was just converted to a five. She is nasty.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    story was ridiculous  , why bother? some nodes were tough which was fun 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Yep, I dug it. Everyone boosted was the obvious highlight. I do like boss nodes as well though.

Only node I didn’t enjoy was god mode Gamora/Medusa/Rocket. Man, Gamora would be a real contender if she was just converted to a five. She is nasty.
    Glad I'm not the only one who got destroyed by that node.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I appreciated there was a choice in the middle fight, but the choice didn't change the story or anything. The points need fixing. I did appreciate the inclusion of a wave node on each day, but again, its points were severely lacking.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event was fun all around, for reasons already mentioned by others. The shoutout to Strange Sights was fun (it's not just a Marvel thing, but a distinct reference to the rest of MPQ that regular players will get), the Civil War day with team choice at the end was fun, and the boost list on the last day made it fun too. They really managed to breathe a lot of fun new things into an event without actually adding new things to the game.

Lost in Time and Cosmic Chaos have both been pretty solid new events (Infinite Pursuit lacks any neat novelty things like these events, but is still welcome from the standpoint of enemy variety, at least).
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I enjoyed this new PvE event, especially the last node with everyone under Balance of Power conditions :-) I appreciate that the devs have been trying new things out in the new PvEs we've had recently, like this and Cosmic Chaos. It adds variety to the game. Older PvEs need to be updated and refreshed now, especially those like Meet R&G and Deadpool vs MPQ.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I enjoyed that there was Something New.  The clear callouts to the Fan Favourite Story, then Boss Event, then Versus event was a nice touch, even if seeing that Balance of Power leader had me momentarily worried that even the enemy nodes would be boosted to the same level as well.

I was not a fan of actually having to complete 6 clears of every node for three days to hit maximum progression.
    I would have done regardless, but that I was required to do so was concerning.  If something had come up in the meat-world that would have prevented my clear plans (looking at you 22 hour power outage!) then I would have failed to hit maximum progression, where in previous events, I would have had no issue, only missed out on individual node rewards.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Really enjoyed it all round, especially the boss node and Balance of Power sub. 

Echoing what other people have said but it was nice to have a boss node to break up the monotony and I also didn’t spot that you could fight either IM or Cap and just assumed it was Cap. 

I think the progression rewards should be based on four clears of each round and not six though. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I couldn't care less one way or another/ I'm neutral on this/ Meh whatever
    I just wanted to play juggerGrocket.
    oh, and it was double iso. 

other than that... boss node confused me, after that the locked one confused me even more.

i still wonder sometimes why the same event with different nodes and different enemy teams is considered its own new event. 
    that amount of effort still boggles my mind, on day 1600.

but yeah, cool new event... 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The BoP style sub was the best, sooo much fun using randos just for kicks
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The points didn’t seem right, and I didn’t actually receive my Spider-Man 2099 for finishing 123 in SCL9 (submitted a ticket). Inverting the yellow ring node to the end was a sneaky trick I’m not sure I understand the rationale for. This or That final node was almost cool, except there was no material benefit to choosing one over the other outside of who you fought. Everybody boosted was fun.

Gameplay was fine
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great stuff:
    1. Double ISO!!! though I know this was the anniversary, not the event itself
    2. Giving a high-level fully covered loaner of the new character (thank you devs! keep it going)
    3. It was new (fresh content is good)
    4. The everyone boosted day was fun
    Areas for improvement:
    1. The boss node choosing between IM and Cap could have been better executed. Most (myself included) didn't see the IM node at first because it appeared off the screen, and while I caught it some didn't until it was too late and they were locked in.
    2. The boss node choice again: did we confirm that which one you chose had absolutely no impact on anything? Same rewards, same points, same next day nodes, same storyboards? If that's the case, seems like a bit of a missed opportunity and I question why to give the choice at all. Civil War at least gives different prizes.
    3. The high number of points needed to hit max progression. I (uncharacteristically) did full clears on all nodes because there was a new character up for grabs in placement, but I normally would have just done the 4 like everyone else and might have missed the 30 CP reward.
    All in all, glad to see some attention being paid to the game. Great job devs!