PVE- The troll continues

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Hehe.

After mindless waiting in first sub and a rather simple second sub, this third one really knows how to not even boost everyone but troll everyone.

Whales may be annoyed because their time advantage in PVE is mostly gone here. Everyone with 5Thanos and Groot can finish any node in max 2 matches.

Non-whale players get to lick some blood how it is to play with 550 chars, and that is really close to pay to win. Now I know why I can rarely get T5 placement no matter how fast I play and how well I snipe a bracket.

What I find most funny is that it still takes roughly 18mins for a whale to play pve because all the reward claiming and roster clicking and tile placement is taking that time. If I add up all my moves I made, that would add up to about 3 minutes of active play...

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this a troll?  This is awesome.  Faster clears for everyone, use your best combos.  Be warned the nodes might be a little rough.  5E is Grockdusa.

The top players in the game have spreadsheets and timers to allow them to finish nodes in just the right order and squeeze out a few more points.  So yeah.  If you're not doing that you're not finishing T5.

This is exhibit A why there will never be a 6* tier and why the meta has stayed the same for years.  The turn 0 strike placement - there's really nothing more that can be done to top that in PVE.  Same with instant powerful AOE.

Whales were already winning the event, mostly (5th in my bracket is someone with 470s) and one sub won't change that.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I‘d take a 5* to the buy club if he could double gameplay speed or remove tile placement delays/remove banners.

A 5* deadpool could break that fourth wall powerwise XD
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I enjoyed the 3rd sub. It was fun.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    People who are doing 5X right away may come up short on progression in this one.  The points requirement is higher relative to the node points.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loved it.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Man the 5* high level match damage IS insane!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I was surprised by that too. Normally I do four clears of every node near the beginning and then come back if I happen to be free close to the end time. That never fails to get me to full progression. In this event it feels like they missed a node on every map, or even another full map, or something like that. Not getting full progression after four clears, with no warning, feels like a kick in the teeth. 

What am I saying? Expecting communication about a change.... hahahaha. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I'm just treating this final sub like a "Thanos is powered up" event.  How many characters can his "Court Death" take out by the end of the 4 clears?

bluewolf said:
    People who are doing 5X right away may come up short on progression in this one.  The points requirement is higher relative to the node points.

I bet some of the people who are missing with their 5x clears didn't realize that the final "boss" node in each round can also be cleared more than once...
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

I bet some of the people who are missing with their 5x clears didn't realize that the final "boss" node in each round can also be cleared more than once...
    No, that's not it.

Here are the nodes and points values from the pve details google doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iWb3XtfSfkryP6ABjGDMiF73YJEEUSNY8-5R_Ye5YE :  
    NodePointsNodePointsNodePoints
    Programmed to Destroy100No Civilians Beyond This Point150Destination: New Dimension!200
    By The Book220Civil Disputes330The Competition Begins!440
    Empty-Headed Enemies220Iron Army330Cerebro's Crystalline Network440
    Strange Soldiers310On Whose Authority?465Coveted Crystal620
    Escape Plan (w)420Double-Breasted Turncoat (w)630Crystal Powers (w)840
    A Strange Encounter340Side of the Law or
    Side of the Rebel
    510Defeating Doom680
    2* Essential3702* Essential5552* Essential740
    3* Essential4003* Essential6003* Essential800
    4* Essential4304* Essential6454* Essential860
    5* Essential (not req'd.)1605* Essential (not req'd.)2405* Essential (not req'd.)320

When you add up all the repeatable nodes first 5x clears and first 3x for the wave node, without the 5-essential, for the first sub, it's ~12,273 points. Do that with all the subs and you'd end up with ~55,230 points. And the progression is set to 62,000 points.

Now, if you could do the wave nodes 4x for full points (before the timer starts), and if you added 5-essential node points from CL 7 also cleared 5x, you'd end up with ~62,370 points, just over the progression.

It definitely looks like some kind of oversight to me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed something was screwy on day 2. I am by no means a competitive PvE player or even always play to full progression but I do always check the values to reach the score for what I want if time is an issue as it often is. I was playing up in SCL9 so couldn't get all the 5E points but it became pretty apparent that I was going to need to clear at least half of day 3 *just* to get the 4*. On a normal PvE you would have already bagged that by end of day 2 or be very very close on a 3 day event, this time points were miles away.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed the points being off after initial clears. Normally, 4 clearing everything but the 5E (clearing that twice) nets you the herioc token.
    I didn't get that one, so that was the first hint for me. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    I was happy to see it.  It was fun.