Terrible new pve event

ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
This barely even counts as a new event
”something something Dr Doom time something”
no story, no new enemies, barely any levels and a recycled boss from another well played event.
The lack of effort and no communication from any of the d3 staff really makes me question sinking any more money into this game as they don’t seem to care anymore.
They really need to put on the message board something to alay people’s fears that this game isn’t being forgotten about

and yes, I can already picture JJ laughing at his desk

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Again, only sink in money that you wouldn’t be sore about losing if the game closed next week. They can say as many times as they like about future features and a rosy future but anyone that can look at this anniversary and seriously come to the conclusion the future is safe, well can I have an ounce of what your smoking.

If this took more than a few hours to knock together the whole anniversary I’d be shocked. They couldn’t even be bothered to note how the deals were worse than last year.

I spend 1.99 a month max so whatever.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    I’ve even stopped doing that. I thought they make some sort of effort for the anniversary but it’s been shocking
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup judge a 4 day event entirely based on day 1. Sounds rational.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    Hey if I’m wrong I will happily eat humble pie but this first day doesn’t inspire much confidence
    also their lack of communication isn’t helping people’s perceptions 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Day 1 was "Strange Days paid the 20 bucks for a costume," which isn't bad.  I like Strange Days.  Maybe tomorrow will be Day 4 of Wakanda Forever.  Which again, is good times, in my opinion. Maybe we will have the last day of Howard, then a middle sub from RedIso.  Kind of a "best of" event, like when sitcoms used to do clip shows after a few years.  Or Frankenstein's monster, which is maybe Halloween appropriate. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s only a 3 sub event, by the way. 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Anniversary magic!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like that they put all the story in the Node descriptions instead of having dialogue. Means I can clear at full speed, and then go back and read it all later.
    Im pretty sure thats actually why they did it.

So many complaints about skipping dialogue to quicken players completion times...  I bet this was an easy thing to do on a new event.  

For me, however, i like characters giving their "back n forth".  I like Spidey telling Venom that he took up pilates... Or Tony back-talking to anyone about anything...  We'll never get that in a "pre battle text description".  For me, i still love the comic book stuff, and tinykitty the stupid speed clearing requirements.  After all, its MARVEL Puzzle Quest, not MINDLESS Puzzle Quest.

::Looks at current meta::

Nevermind.  Carry on.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I actually like that they put all the story in the Node descriptions instead of having dialogue. Means I can clear at full speed, and then go back and read it all later.
    I'm not sure if I could even read the dialogue if I wanted to.  The repetitive events have basically trained muscle memory to the point that even when I know there's a new storyline and want to check it out, I still wind up hitting the skip button anyway (it's also why in the rare occasions that I use a boost, they just all get used until none are left because I literally cannot not reflexively go to the game screen and immediately smack my forehead).  And I'm not even a competitive player -- trying to eke out seconds from my clear times isn't even remotely part of my game plan.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this event, I like Ksily as a repeatable node and I'd like more of that sort of stuff in the future to split the scores from speed clears.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    That Grockdusa team, though, when you're tied to ineffectual Doc Ock... Those 5-star nodes were uber brutal.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Overall fully enjoyed the event, credit where it’s due. Nice work!
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I liked the challenge of the Grockdusa node.  Had fun finding different combos in a non PVP environment.  Finally landed on Kitty and Valkyrie.