New Team Members Joining You For This Battle

Options
IronyMan
IronyMan Posts: 55
While it's fun to play with a character that you might not use quite as much, it's frustrating when it makes it so my more powerful version of the same character is unavailable (not really an issue now to me but I had an XForce wolverine that I was pouring my ISO into and it was forcing me to use the weaker version) if we can't have both on the same team (which makes perfect sense not to have that) can we at least pick which we want to use?

Also if we're replaying the mission can we remove the requirement that the character joining is required to be on your team? When I'm redoing one with 60+ level chatacters and am forced to use level 15 ish allies, it's kind of annoying.

Comments

• I think you have that backwards. Xforce is the weaker version.
  • IronyMan
    Options
    X-Force is the 4 star Wolverine which, at the time I was using him, was much stronger than the version wearing the yellow/blue costume.

I also had a fairly high leveled Magneto Now but when the lightning tournament came up it made it so I couldn't use him and was forced to use the pretty weak classic Magneto as the default
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I think you have that backwards. Xforce is the weaker version.

They were trolling you. People don't like the X-force because the AP costs are very, very high and it's very difficult to get covers for him. We have not seen the final hitpoints or how much damage a level 200+ X-force would dish out, but I am sure it is very scary.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    This is off a debug build, so don't take it as gospel, but:
    9328 health, 55 / 62 / 10 / 70 / 9 / 9 / 4.0x / 3
    X-Force Strike Tiles - 15 per tile, for a max of 195
    Enraged Slash damage Rank 4 - 2313 plus tile destruction
    Recovery health Rank 4 - 2159 + 154 per Yellow AP, 4626 at Rank 5.
  • Well that's not very impressive:
    15 str atk tiles... Lame
    2200 damage, lame
    Recovery> pretty solid.
    Health> great.

I was expecting his tile damage to be higher and for those strike tiles to hit like a truck.
  • IceIX wrote:

His strike tile strength seems too low. I use Astonishing Wolverine and at lvl 43 his strike tiles at 45 each. For 15 green AP he could have 5 of them on the board (at minimum, depending on available red AP) and be adding 225.

I have 3 covers for X-Force Wolverine and would like to use him a bit more but the situation with his strike tiles really turns me off to him. I understand not wanting to make him super powerful, but he should at least be equal with his more common version
  • I stand by what I said. 1v1 2 star Wolverine would destroy 4 star. Huge ap costs and bad strike tile bonuses with no passive regen, makes him a target for the MUCH stronger 2 star. 4 star would need to do more than a match 3 or have strike tiles out (which won't happen for a long time without significant help) to even start plinking down 2 star's health. Meanwhile 2 star can start building up large damage from matches alone thanks to his large buffs from his strike tiles (which are already 81 EACH for me at 77).

He's too slow and too weak. There's more effective bags of hp in Thor and Ragnarok.
  • I do really like his heal though. Yes it's not a gimmie every turn heal like 2star Wolvie but it does heal a nice chunk of health. High risk/High reward.

Some of the other characters with countdown tiles I think should have slightly better reward possibility for the level of risk, or disperse the risk like IM40 does with his multiple countdowns
  • Ranzera wrote:
    4 star would need to do more than a match 3 or have strike tiles out (which won't happen for a long time without significant help) to even start plinking down 2 star's health. Meanwhile 2 star can start building up large damage from matches alone thanks to his large buffs from his strike tiles (which are already 81 EACH for me at 77).

And, for reference, with the exact same amount of AP (15 green, 15 Red) a 2* Wolvie will put out 15 strike tiles, each worth 89 hit (presuming there's enough red on the board), doing up to 4060 damage in the process, and then slash for up to 3560 damage.

Realistically you're unlikely to have 15 plain red tiles on the board, but consider that 2* can put the strike tiles out far earlier than 4* can, earning damage for each match.
  • Just to play devil's advocate, IceIX specified that 4-star Wolvie's strike tiles start at 15 but go to a max of 195, which I assume is 195 per tile.

Does 2-star Wolvie come anywhere close?

Also, 4-star Wolvie's red is light-years ahead of 2-star Wolvie's red as it should be. And neither red can hold a candle to Ragnarok, though that might be kind of a degenerate comparison.

Keep in mind, I don't run any version of Wolverine but I do feel that 2-star Wolvie's passive yellow regen blows any other regen in the game out of the water.

There's nothing inherently "scary" to me about 4-star Wolvie. Or about 2-star Wolvie, for that matter. I've never met one of either version I couldn't stomp. But 9,000+ health is going to make me think twice about bothering to take the time whittle down all that health. YMMV.
  • someguy wrote:
    Just to play devil's advocate, IceIX specified that 4-star Wolvie's strike tiles start at 15 but go to a max of 195, which I assume is 195 per tile.

I think he meant 15 per tile but because he places 13 tiles at once it's 195 at the end.
  • I'm pretty sure it's 15 per tile. The Max he's talking about is if the ability places every tile successfully (it can't hit Environment tiles).
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Ranzera wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's 15 per tile. The Max he's talking about is if the ability places every tile successfully (it can't hit Environment tiles).
    Correct. 15 per tile, 13 tiles, skips EO tiles.
  • IceIX wrote:

Hah. Woah. So not worth the ISO and HP to level him up. Legendary should be put in quotes for this guy.
  • that's his max status? wow hundred thousand of iso-8 to lv195 and that's it? bsaic damage 70-90 only?
    ti thought it would be 150+ and 12000-15000 health , compared to max rag at 115.

the only 4s aaaaaand it sucks.
    better wait for another decent 4s
  • The only situation where X-force would "hit like a truck" would be if he matched a crit tile with green. At 70 each and a pretty decent 4X multiplier he would be hitting for 2-3k. The best synergy would be with Widow classic, 11 purple for instant green crit generation. That would just be using him as a crit match character and tank. His AP skills are crazy high and the green is garbage (a whole extra 195?!?) and the red puts out a decent punch but again is super expensive. So.... yeah, I will keep mine in the hopes of the devs revamping the "best" character in the game so that it is somewhere close to decent.
  • This is turning into an X-force dump-on thread, but just to put how **** his green is in context:

X-force 4**** level 230
      15 green AP 13 strike tiles (or less if you hit an enviro tile) 195 extra damage (or less if you hit an enviro tile)
    13 damage per AP

Modern Storm 1* level 50
      9 black AP 32 attack tiles (very difficult to get fewer then 32, but possible) 224 extra damage
    25 damage per AP

So, a 1* character with 180 fewer levels does more damage with much less AP and with fewer drawbacks. Storm is almost twice as efficient! 1* vs. 4**** should be no comparison and not in the favor of the 1*. To bring the green skill to anything remotely useful and in line with the high cost, those strike tiles need to be at least triple in strength.
  • Here what I have to say on which Wolverine is stronger. I got 1764 strength worth of strike tiles. http://i.imgur.com/aq5TjiL.jpg