Who can match up against Medusa (for the Best Hair event)?

hipUK
hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
I've tried a few of my char's against Medusa and she absolutely destroys me each time.  Who are some singles that can go up against her?

My own top tier is: DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Scarlet W, BW Grey Suit, Hawkguy
Tagged:

Comments

• hipUK
    Sorry I'm not up on the lingo yet - what does "covered" entail?

How do people share their rosters here? (for letting people see what they have)?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    First thing is to understand Medusa. Medusa's strongest colors are Purple, Yellow, and Red. These are the colors the computer will prioritize matching and the ones that will do the most match damage. The only power that has an active power behind it is Purple, which is more dangerous if you bring any character that makes special tiles (e.g. Iron Fist, Luke Cage).

From the list you presented, I'd go one of two ways:

1) Luke Cage. His protect tile will mitigate some of Medusa's auto-damage. You'll want to match Yellow and Black to fill up your nukes to cut her down to size. Remember, the computer will chase Yellow (even though it doesn't feed an active power) and mostly ignore Black (though will never pass up a match-4 or match-5 regardless of color). The downside is you have to prevent her from getting enough Purple to steal your protect tile, and that Purple will do nothing for Luke.

2) Scarlet Witch. You'll prioritize matching Purple to deny Medusa and feed yourself. Since Blue is not one of Medusa's colors, the AI is less likely to match away your countdown tile. The 5-turn stun will help, but then you're chasing refilling the Purple to stun her again. For this reason I'd put Luke slightly ahead.

If you have them, don't sleep on:
    Bullseye: his Purple (which you'll want to deny Medusa) can destroy any created Attack tiles for only 7 AP and do damage
    Captain America: takes forever to get there, but can overwrite Medusa's tiles for stun (Blue) and/or damage (Red)
    Captain Marvel: if Medusa's CD is doing enough damage to trigger her Yellow power, you'll be generating 5 Red and 3 Black each turn
    Cyclops: has one of the best single-target nukes in 3* land
    Doctor Strange: his Blue give stun + damage, his Purple will remove Attack tiles, and his Yellow will punish her (and heal you) if she fires her Purple power
    Iron Man: 6 Yellow gives you 12 Red, make one additional Red match and it gives you his nuke
    Thor: God of damage!

• 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    hipUK said:
    Sorry I'm not up on the lingo yet - what does "covered" entail?

How do people share their rosters here? (for letting people see what they have)?
    Roster follow link below, make an account and upload your team manually. I am lazy, I only did the ones I use the most. But many people have all covers registered.  It is not linked automatically 😢
  • 111MCH111
    edited October 2019
    hipUK said:
    I've tried a few of my char's against Medusa and she absolutely destroys me each time.  Who are some singles that can go up against her?

My own top tier is: DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Scarlet W, BW Grey Suit, Hawkguy
    I used Carnage and match as much purple away to prevent Medusa to flip the attack tiles...pretty easy to win. Attack tiles damage more then the heals of Medusa😎

i would use 3* Dr Strange. Combined with Wong if you have that 
  • hipUK
    Thanks - I managed to beat her with Cage, I got my yellow off at the last moment.  Strange was getting mauled by her (as were most others!).  I splurged and bought Deadpool, which helped me win the other battles as well.
  • 111MCH111
    edited October 2019
    Deadpool 3* has the best power of the whole MPQ game: Whales 🐋 
    I make sure to request Deadpool in my alliance and always have several Team-up Whales as back-up to finish the heaviest 5* required node in PVE.
    I recommend to play DeadPoolDialy daily. Use Deadpool in the DPD mission with 3* cover reward or use Deadpool in PVE daily.  That way you build your stash of 🐳 whales points for the ultimate  🐋 of destruction 😎
  • hipUK
    Hey, good stuff. With that DP pack I got both 4* and 3* - I'm keeping the 4* leveling up with my other tops (LC/IF and Wanda and Strange and DD).  My 3* DP hasn't been able to level much or I'd use his whales more... maybe I'll give it a spin anyhow.