Duets of Mana - Spite and Martyrdom

Options
starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Ooh, dialogue, that's new!

I can't remember what the last line of dialogue said when I get to the next one though :)

MOD NOTE: Updated title for clarification. BK //

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    The endless streamers giving your first creatures +1+1 are not fun. Sloooow.
    Eh, no worse that in every other case where a buff is given.  I'm used to it (although still not happy to be fair)

starfall said:
    Ooh, dialogue, that's new!

I can't remember what the last line of dialogue said when I get to the next one though :)
    I actually missed the dialogue in the first one because I didn't know it was there.  Its a nice touch!
  • Mburn7
    edited October 2019
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:
    Eh, no worse that in every other case where a buff is given.  I'm used to it (although still not happy to be fair)
    Sounds like we both agree it's too slow :)
    Update:  Sooooo much lag on the Ugin fight.  Between the Vanguards he plays, the Eldrazi effects, and the tinykitty ton of activate gems it was unbearable.
  • Mburn7
    edited October 2019
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:
    Sounds like we both agree it's too slow :)
    Update:  Sooooo much lag on the Ugin fight.  Between the Vanguards he plays, the Eldrazi effects, and the tinykitty ton of activate gems it was unbearable.
    No worse than normal. I'm used to it ;)
    Well I guess I walked into that one  :smile:

Also, can we talk about the fact that we are facing completely Legacy opponents with Legacy objectives and yet this is a Standard-only event?  Definitely feels weird, like I'm playing ToTP on hard mode like I do when I get bored (Read:  somewhat often)
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had two objectives now that I've met but didn't receive credit for:
    • Ajani (Gain 15 or more life during a single fight) - End screen shows I gained 25 life, but did not give me the three points.
    • Olivia (Deal 10 or more total damage to creatures during a single fight) - Not sure what I did total, but I have a screenshot showing a Beacon Bolt doing 22 to a creature.  I had many other damage-dealing spells hit creatures.  Shows I did 0/10.  
  • Mburn7
    edited October 2019
    Options
    • Ajani (Gain 15 or more life during a single fight) - End screen shows I gained 25 life, but did not give me the three points.
    • Olivia (Deal 10 or more total damage to creatures during a single fight) - Not sure what I did total, but I have a screenshot showing a Beacon Bolt doing 22 to a creature.  I had many other damage-dealing spells hit creatures.  Shows I did 0/10.  
    The Ajani ones are confirmed to be behaving as "Gain 15/30 or more life in 1 turn" instead of as written and tracked.

The Olivia one I didn't see yet, but usually if that kind of objective is bugged it either:
    A )  Only works for specific cards (reasons unknown)
    B )  Only works for combat/non-combat damage specifically
    C )  Only counts Planeswalker abilities/does not count PW abilities.

If you figure it out do let us know, and ping an admin (either Tombstone or Oktagon Support) so they can let the dev team know what to fix
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Oddly enough, when you have the Sorin vanguard out  for Ugin's battle and you play a non-lifelink creature, it COUNTS it as having lifelink. :expressionless:

So, it actually should be saying win without using lifelink... 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    The Ajani ones are confirmed to be behaving as "Gain 15/30 or more life in 1 turn" instead of as written and tracked.

The Olivia one I didn't see yet, but usually if that kind of objective is bugged it either:
    A )  Only works for specific cards (reasons unknown)
    B )  Only works for combat/non-combat damage specifically
    C )  Only counts Planeswalker abilities/does not count PW abilities.

If you figure it out do let us know, and ping an admin (either Tombstone or Oktagon Support) so they can let the dev team know what to fix
    Just confirmed that Olivia issue with Vivien's Invocation. Did 16 points to creature, nothing.

Guess I can try a berserk creature (or I have "Assure" in this current game, we'll see how that goes. Wouldn't be surprised if it was bugged, though. That wouldn't be the first time a "damage" objective wasn't working. 

Actually, the Ajani secondary objective appears to be "Gain 30 or LESS life during a single fight." Soooo... guess I'll try to replay that one.. :P
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don’t know how I did it but I finished with 111 points and I still miss the 2pts objective in the final battle. Since I had to play several times some battle, I don’t think it is possble to get points from objectives you already reached, right ?
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Azerack said:
    Oddly enough, when you have the Sorin vanguard out  for Ugin's battle and you play a non-lifelink creature, it COUNTS it as having lifelink. :expressionless:

So, it actually should be saying win without using lifelink... 
    It's probably similar to the objective with first strike... it counted creatures entering that got first strike elsewhere, including me giving Greg two plant tokens from Dowsing Dagger that got first strike from Greg's Sigiled Sword already in play. 
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    Options
    For the Olivia damage node, none of these gave me credit:
    - Widespread Brutality
    - Enter the God-Eternal
    - Bolas2 Ultimate (20 damage)
    - Bolas2 flipped first ability (10 damage)

This did:
    - Berserk combat damage.
  • Panneo
    Panneo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had problems with the Olivia goals too.
    But overall I want to say that this event was a good one, enjoyed it very much.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Foe the Olivia node, we’ve found doing it with all spells doesn’t give credit. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Also, can we talk about the fact that we are facing completely Legacy opponents with Legacy objectives and yet this is a Standard-only event?  Definitely feels weird, like I'm playing ToTP on hard mode like I do when I get bored (Read:  somewhat often)
    I was just thinking the same thing.  I mean the bosses (so far, I'm not completely through it yet) seem super easy so I haven't retrieved ye 'ol protestin' torch and pitchfork out've the closet yet.  But it definitely doesn't feel right.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WiLDRAGE said:
    For the Olivia damage node, none of these gave me credit:
    - Widespread Brutality
    - Enter the God-Eternal
    - Bolas2 Ultimate (20 damage)
    - Bolas2 flipped first ability (10 damage)

This did:
    - Berserk combat damage.
    I used angels with first strike and vigilance