Predetermined 5* pulls spread across all stores?

jp1
jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
I’m wondering if I pull FF and hit a 5* would this have been a 5* pull from latest? Same with every other store, such as classics.

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. As far as I understand it; all three stores have separate “strings”.

Also, a 5* in Latests (or Classics) will always be a 5 and a 4 always a 4, it is just WHO you get might be different depending on who rotates in. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah different numbers per store.
    Which is why it doesn't make sense when people say "i haven't gotten a 5 in so-and-so pulls" while splitting their draws.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a relief. I didn’t want to pull my FF tokens when I should be close to a 5 from LL.

I was aware of the predetermined pulls, just never really knew if it spread over all pulls.

Thanks for the info fellas.
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Just for the sake of clarity, when we talk about predetermined pulls, do we have any clue for how long said predetermination lasts?  As in, does the predetermination of 5* change each different time you begin pulling from a store, or is it somehow predetermined for some specified number of pulls in advance no matter how many pulls you happen to do in one sitting? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just for the sake of clarity, when we talk about predetermined pulls, do we have any clue for how long said predetermination lasts?  As in, does the predetermination of 5* change each different time you begin pulling from a store, or is it somehow predetermined for some specified number of pulls in advance no matter how many pulls you happen to do in one sitting? 
    Hundreds, possibly thousands of pulls, regardless of the number you pull in one sitting.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Yeah different numbers per store.
    Which is why it doesn't make sense when people say "i haven't gotten a 5 in so-and-so pulls" while splitting their draws.
    But does it really matter, when all these stores have the same odds and presumably use the same pseudo rng?
    I'm pretty sure this question was already tackled last year or so. :)

OK, found it. But I don't know how to link to it on my phone...  :|
    It's "latest legends odds" thread. 
    jamesh said:
    Kolence said:
    Warbringa said:
    Well 77 is fairly far outside of standard deviations and while not impossible I would question that claim myself, I would be interested in knowing if this was from multiple stores ie legendary draws plus special 5* store tokens etc.  as opposed to 77 straight draws from the same store etc.  24 draws without a 5* certainly a possibility as I know I have gone that long before without a 5*draw.  Then not long after I drew 3 5* tokens in my next dozen or so draws, tends to come in bursts and then long droughts in my experience.  
    Does it matter if the pulls are from different legendary stores, if they all have the same odds (0.15) of hitting a 5* every time you pull? And all are consecutive pulls? Wouldn't you just multiply each separate store odds of hitting zero from however many tries to find the combined total odds?
    Pulls from each store are governed by a pseudo random number sequence.  While these sequences are predictable if you have access to the internal state of the PRNG, they should be indistinguishable from uniform random data.
    If knowledge of previous pulls from a store let you predict future pulls, that would indicate that the PRNG was bad/broken.  If we assume they've used a good PRNG, then you are best off assuming that each pull is independent and it doesn't matter which store you decide to draw from.