Sale of our Planeswalkers

Options
tiagotomar
tiagotomar Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
I suggest that it is only possible to sell a PW as long as it is at level 60, this will make us spend mana runes filling them and so we will play with the PW at the maximum level and then yes, if we get to the conclusion that we do not like it and sell it, get half of the mana crystal invested., here is the suggestion

Sale of our Planeswalkers 24 votes

Yes, I agree!
16%
FindingHeart8WulFgaR77Melfiretiagotomar 4 votes
No, I disagree!
75%
bk1234madwrenDragonSorcererStormcrowAzerackwereotterCaemanTremayneGunmix25BeclasBeyKlawMburn7EvilDeadOmegaLolrusAbracadaversFirstofhisname419WindyAsylamb 18 votes
I neither agree nor disagree!
8%
Firinmahlazergreenmeanie 2 votes

Comments

• tiagotomar
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
    Remember, the more you vote the better, even if you don't agree, so we see everyone's opinions!
    Thanks

• Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not on board with this, but probably for a different reason than you might think. This is a bad idea for players (and a lucrative one for D3/Okt).

It's the dusting model of Hearthstone and it's actually pretty insidious. It gives the player the feeling on control, but because of a variety of factors, people will diminish the value of their resources to almost zero over time because people tend to be bad at long term vision.

You personally, might benefit because you are certain you don't like a particular PW and will get a new one and it'll be the perfect fit. But on average (and the reason games like HS print money with these trade-in systems) is because people will keep trading in. It might not happen back to back, but maybe upon a new set release a shiny new PW shows up and gets the FOMO flowing.

300 becomes 150, which becomes 75, which goes to 37 because humans are pretty bad at tracking decisions like these. You will even end up with newbies trading in multiple PW's to buy a new one, hugely hurting their collection and long term enjoyment in exchange for instant gratification.

You might think, "who are you to tell people how to spend their resources!?" And honestly, I'm not passing judgement or trying to tell people how to have fun. I'm just pointing out that this is an enticing idea that is a losing bet for the players. It's far better to just save up again and get the PW you do want, because a new set or a new idea might make a previously lame PW a lot more fun.

Giving up 80k, 160k, 320k, mana runes + 400-800 crystals so you can get a few hundred or less crystals back is not in your favor. You'll even have people liquidating PW's to crack packs and end up melting resources away for a premium pack of commons and uncommons.

That's my take on it. It's a bad model for consumers, only hurting them in the long run.
  • tiagotomar
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
    Hi, I totally understand what you are saying, and before launching this idea, I knew all the post and cons, I have been playing this for some time and am still only level 62, however I would not sell my pw to buy one Specifically, only if something extraordinary would appear, nor would it be to buy packs, it would only sell because I don't need them, I haven't play them for a long time for me sarkhan unbroken, bolas 1, tamiyo, nissa 2 and jaya ballard, for the 5 colors, its all i need, but like you said , you have to think about the newbies, that's why I talked about selling them at the max level, because I know that at the beginning it is very difficult to put the PW at maximum and only then they could sell it!!!!
    However we are a community and all opinions are welcome and ideas on this subject, thank you for your opinion, best regards

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
    I have planeswalkers that I don't use, and (unless there is a new specific event for them) will probably never use again.  Digging through your pile of planeswalkers to find the right one for each event is tedious, I wouldn't mind cleaning it up a bit.
  • tiagotomar
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
    I understand you FindingHeart8, because my situation is identical, let's hope that more people manifest, because so far 34 views and only 4 votes and two comments !!!
    Thanks ... Best regards

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No, I disagree!
    It'd just make it easier for people to ruin their own accounts. Planeswalkers go up for sale rarely enough, and cost few enough crystals, that's it only a matter of time before you can buy them all, even as a F2P. Leveling them all to 60, on the other hand, takes an absolute ton of runes. I have been playing a long time, have every planeswalker, and am still millions of runes shy of having them all at level 60. Leveling them up to 60 and then selling them is just a phenomenal, mindbogglingly inefficient and wasteful use of resources. There's no reason.

Besides, it's better to take bad planeswalkers and make them better, something Oktagon has just shown us they're willing to do. If you could sell Planeswalkers, how many people would have sold their Arlinn Kord before the latest patch buffed her? Or Kaya? Now suddenly they might want them back, but they've wasted crystals and hundreds of thousands of runes. Even if they don't change the walkers, change in the card pool can make a Planeswalker suddenly better or worse, too - some awesome vehicle gets printed and suddenly everybody wants Saheeli again.

Lastly: just take pity on the poor technical support people who will have to handle all the messages and complaints from people who sold the wrong PW by accident. "Hi I meant to sell Nahiri but I accidentally sold Nicol Bolas instead, can you fix it?" or "Oh I meant to just edit the deck but I hit the "Sell Planeswalker" button by accident, can you fix it?"

All in all: no. Just give us a way to "favorite" specific planeswalkers and then you can just ignore the ones you don't currently use. It's just a bit of UI redesign work to make getting to the ones you want faster and easier; after all when the original interface was designed there were only 5 different PWs to choose from. It's overdue for an overhaul.
  • tiagotomar
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
    Stormcrow, thanks for your opinion, had not thought about the fact that someone could sell the wrong PW and the work that would give to the support team, then you are right!
    About selling the PWs at the max level, I think I was misunderstood, my intention is that in this way the player before selling the PW had the chance to play at max level and see what it was worth, now you are right if oktagon draws cards to recover the weaker PWs, it could be an advantage to keep them, This then depends on the strategy of each, with the use to give to certain cards !!!!
    Thank you for your opinion, best regards

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, I disagree!
    I’m on board with @Quantius on this. 

I don’t as a general rule support any suggestions that devalue what we’ve put into the game. 

We should stop compromising, even hypothetically. 
  • Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    No, I disagree!
    Stormcrow said:

All in all: no. Just give us a way to "favorite" specific planeswalkers and then you can just ignore the ones you don't currently use. It's just a bit of UI redesign work to make getting to the ones you want faster and easier; after all when the original interface was designed there were only 5 different PWs to choose from. It's overdue for an overhaul.
    Another option could be to give us a way to filter them like we do with cards.  Press a button to bring up a keyboard and type in part of their name to limit the list to just the ones that match.  Even that would be quicker than (unnecessarily slowly) scrolling through all of them just to find Vraska at the end.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, I disagree!
    This is just begging for a player to feel gypped after trading a disliked PW only to have an event pop up later in an event in which that particular PW is very well suited for. I can guarantee the next discussion we will be having after allowing such a feature to go through is to buy back the PW you traded when you feel you made a mistake. IMHO selling your PW is a bad idea no matter how awful they might be.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I neither agree nor disagree!
    I can go both ways on this one.  In one hand I definitely have a bunch of pws that I could get rid of and not even think twice about it.  But in the other hand what if they decided to play a certain pw in a node and then I don't have it.  I would lose out on all those points.  I have played events in past when that had happened and I grinded my butt off to just to get all the rewards possible.  

Why not have a event of worst pws.  Have  3 nodes and one pw per node.  This would get people to play and figure out what makes them tick.  
  • tiagotomar
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
    Good afternoon!
    Given that it's been a week since I opened this topic, it clearly won #No, I disagree! #
    so I ask a moderator to close this pool!!!
    Thank all who participated ...
    best regards

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Closing thread per OP's request
This discussion has been closed.