Galactus teams

ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
hey everybody ,
been lurking on forums for a while I thought I could get some ideas of people’s “go to” teams on battling galactus. 
I’m in 3 to 4 star land but think im40 and 3 * mags is pretty effective
no where near an expert when it comes to mpq so please feel free to have your say

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    3-star Black Widow is strong against Galactus because of her tile destruction. 
  • ManoPA
    ManoPA Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Well... My team are hawk3ye, Patch and 2*widow. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    As long as Hulk tanks most of the colors, 3* Hulk (5/3/5), 3* Storm (5/5/3) and Kamala Khan (5/5/3) can usually do their thing before Galactus wins.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    TA Hulk, Iron Fist, and Cloak+Dagger has been working pretty well for me.  Aim to fire Iron Fist's black, with his green as a backup (which will help you collect more black).  The other two characters are mainly there to feed him.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Meh Hulk and Chavez is doing the biz for me, Chavez gets going almost straight away with her shoulder charge thing and making Crits, who the third is varies. I'm in round 7 so I may bring additional counter measures for Round 8 but so far, no problem at all.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Echoing 2* black widow with Hawkguy.  Get her enough blue and she increases the length of his countdowns and once you've done that the first time Hawkguy will normally keep her in blue.  I used to use IM40 as the third as he can also generate Blue but currently using Chavez as you'll generally have more AP as he doesn't make matches.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Just tried 2 * bw and she’s amazing against galactus! Thank you for the excellent advice!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    3-star Black Widow is strong against Galactus because of her tile destruction. 
    One of my favorites in 3-star land.  If you have her champed, just remember to change her to 4/4/5 (instead of 5/3/5)  Her green's AOE is useless since Glacatus is by himself, and the extra cover in Pistol gives you some more tile destruction.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I personally use Hulkbuster with 3* iron fist and 3* hawkeye. Hawkeye generates purple and blue ap from countdown matches, which fist and hulkbuster use to turn into black and red respectively. 

Hulkbuster then uses his black, and fires off his red to (usually) nuke galactus dead. Since green tiles are being converted to red, and yellows are having massive strike tiles placed on them, the only tiles that aren’t useful are team-up ones. Basically, all ap colours lead to red.

FYI, Hulkbuster is set to 5-5-3, Iron Fist to 5-5-3, and Hawk3ye to 3-5-5
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I personally use Hulkbuster with 3* iron fist and 3* hawkeye. Hawkeye generates purple and blue ap from countdown matches, which fist and hulkbuster use to turn into black and red respectively. 

Hulkbuster then uses his black, and fires off his red to (usually) nuke galactus dead. Since green tiles are being converted to red, and yellows are having massive strike tiles placed on them, the only tiles that aren’t useful are team-up ones. Basically, all ap colours lead to red.

Have you tried 3-star Cyclops in place of Hawkeye?  Set his yellow and black to 5, and his red to 3 since the red AP goes to Hulkbuster.  Hulkbuster to 5/3/5 for maximum red generation.  You can *really* punch above your weight class with a Repulsor Fist/Iron Fist/Full Blast combo.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    MrEd95 said:

Have you tried 3-star Cyclops in place of Hawkeye?  Set his yellow and black to 5, and his red to 3 since the red AP goes to Hulkbuster.  Hulkbuster to 5/3/5 for maximum red generation.  You can *really* punch above your weight class with a Repulsor Fist/Iron Fist/Full Blast combo.

True, but you would then lose the ap made from matching his countdowns. You’d gain yellow usage, but lose the feeding for all the other power costs
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    The current boosted trio of Ronin Hawkeye, Mockingbird and MEH has been making short work of Galactus, thanks to numerous nukes on the team. Ronin Hawkeye's generating tiles with red matches do some damage from turn one and his green is nice for some smacks at 6AP. Mockingbirds secret mission firing Crowd, that green, Bombshell or Gamma Powerbomb on match 4s also make most matches go very quickly. Nice synergy on that trio.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I always liked witch and widow 3.  Use witch's blue to make purple.  Make 4 or 5 way matches to clear rows and fuel the sniper.  Add in a 5 star for match damage like star lord or jean gray and you're golden