Free Taco Token belongs to WHAT vault?

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
Got the free token.  Nice.

Um... Its by itself.  Its literally in its own 'expired' token cache, not with either taco token vault.  Where will it pull from?  I kinda would like it to count towards ONE vault or the other.  

Otherwise, itd be just nice to know what i could pull from it.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone reminded me that the old DDQ was a Store, not a vault. Maybe this is from that Store. 

Looks like it in fact since the artwork is all 2’s. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    So... what's in that store? There's no info button. What are we taking a chance on pulling, exactly?

While a free token is nice and all, this feels like amateur night.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    The other free tokens' stores have appeared at noon eastern.  So maybe we will see it then.  

This could be a dimensional rift from the pending appearance of SM 2099.  This is my current theory.  In which case, you have to admire the worldbuilding.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep!  It's a classic Taco Token, it is neither sweet nor savory and goes to a store, not a vault.  That brings back memories.

Unfortunately it doesn't bring back the memories of what was in it, damned if I can remember.  There was no "Crash," I think, and no 2*, 3*, 4* required... hang on, I bet I can find more info in the initial announcements...

Yep!  Here's a picture of how it looked like:

I think the token content was similar to the current?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boo, it flashed on my screen that I got a free token, but I already had one of the old tokens saved (I like the artwork).  The free token didn't go into any of the 3 taco caches :(, it just disappeared...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art that was on the page, even though there were no odds listed, had the little banner that said: win **, ***, and ****! or however it's listed on any regular pvp-style store. So I assumed that much like those stores, it was full of 2*s. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Yep!  It's a classic Taco Token, it is neither sweet nor savory and goes to a store, not a vault.  That brings back memories.

Unfortunately it doesn't bring back the memories of what was in it, damned if I can remember.  There was no "Crash," I think, and no 2*, 3*, 4* required... hang on, I bet I can find more info in the initial announcements...

Pre-vault, I believe the DDQ tokens only contained the five 3*'s from that cycle as well as the normal complement of 2*'s (here's my source from the original DDQ thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/302137/#Comment_302137).  That said, there may have been some iterations of token contents between the original tokens and the creation of the Sweet & Savory vaults--I honestly can't recall and didn't search very hard.

That being said, someone in the Anniversary Schedule thread said they pulled 3* Dr Strange (introduced late in 2016) from their free token and the DDQ Sweet/Savory vaults were well established by that point (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/47473/deadpools-daily-quest-vault-contents-updated).    

So, apparently this free token is new and completely mysterious.  Literally anything *could* be inside.  Unfortunately for me, mine was just another 2*.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    GrimSkald said:

Pre-vault, I believe the DDQ tokens only contained the five 3*'s from that cycle as well as the normal complement of 2*'s (here's my source from the original DDQ thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/302137/#Comment_302137).  That said, there may have been some iterations of token contents between the original tokens and the creation of the Sweet & Savory vaults--I honestly can't recall and didn't search very hard.

That being said, someone in the Anniversary Schedule thread said they pulled 3* Dr Strange (introduced late in 2016) from their free token and the DDQ Sweet/Savory vaults were well established by that point (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/47473/deadpools-daily-quest-vault-contents-updated).    

So, apparently this free token is new and completely mysterious.  Literally anything *could* be inside.  Unfortunately for me, mine was just another 2*.

For ultimate trolling, I pulled a Moonstone.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art that was on the page, even though there were no odds listed, had the little banner that said: win **, ***, and ****! or however it's listed on any regular pvp-style store. So I assumed that much like those stores, it was full of 2*s. 
    They stealth changed it a while ago (don't know when).  The splash screen used to have the little question mark for the odds.  It would change every 5 days as per the sweet/savory rotation.  The featured odds were always the 5 featured 3* in the current taco cycle).  
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019

It seems to me it says 2*, 3*, or 4*! At what odds or what set of 4*s I don't know.... or what else those 'tacos' might be.

Edit: My token was a 2* Daken of course, so there is that....
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I got a SWitch out of mine.  Nothing special.