Naru got Nerfed... and the Nerf is bugged

Options
boopers
boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
edited October 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
No complaints about the Naru nerf... it was necessary. I’d have done it different - namely that cards like Chord of Calling* and Summoner’s Pact can still create infinite loops. I’d have just simply changed it to be:

“When this creature enters the battlefield, copy the first spell in your hand and give it full mana. Then, disable This creature until the end of your turn.” 

In in the upcoming bug fix for Naru, and potential 5th nerf... I’d ask this approach be considered. 

However, let’s just use this thread to discuss how the new version of the card is bugged. 

1) When Naru copies a spell, it does not gain full mana. Example: copy BSZ - it only gains base mana, no stored mana. This is behaving more like the text reads “is free” or “reduce the cost to 0.  If this is the intent, we need another text fix. If this is not the intent, then Naru needs some fresh coding so it behaves like the text. 

2) Naru will not copy a spell if that spell is a copy. It will simply copy the next non-copy spell. Again, the text gives no indication of this behavior. Again, need to either fix the text or the code. 

I feel bad for Naru... she just can’t ever be both not bugged and not in need of a nerf. 

Poor Naru.

*clarification: chord in itself won’t infinite loop we way Naru currently behaves by not filling stored mana.  But it SHOULD loop per the text.

Comments

• boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I could probably construct something like that... but it would be wonky.  I think the point is to completely kill off the two card loop shenanigans.  Disable would do that nicely... at least I can’t think of any single other card that would still work. 

Heck, my existing Naru looper still works mostly ok, just got a slight bit less loopey now that bsz and chord doesn’t fill. Thankfully there is stitch. But it’s not an infinite looper — and I never used it that way. Mine cycles through my whole deck and the wincon isn’t Naru attacking. 

I’m ok with a good build with a strong combo... it’s the two card infinite ones that should be fixed.