Anniversary vault 40 pack question

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
I stupidly assumed I could buy a 40 pack per day. On day three and the option is not there because I have 20 left. I thought I could buy one and roll onto the next vault. In hindsight the best way to buy is a 40 and 10 per day and ignore the free ones until the end?

Whats the reasoning for it being like this, they have now limited my spending as there are still tokens I want in my vault and now have to chip away with daily deals and free ones until I get my tokens.

I was planning on a 40 per day all the way through but I guess I just have to revise that to less until I can clear my vault. What happens at the end if I have 3 left to clear the vault and get the 10 token season drop. I’m sure I can open it so why not let me keep buying the 40 deal each day?

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you're the unluckiest person on Earth, and the 20 left on the board are heavily weighted in the 4* column (quite possible, for all I know), I would probably just reset the vault. It's always worked the way you are describing.
  • Tony_Foot
    edited October 2019
    Borstock said:
    Unless you're the unluckiest person on Earth, and the 20 left on the board are heavily weighted in the 4* column (quite possible, for all I know), I would probably just reset the vault. It's always worked the way you are describing.
    Yeah unfortunately that's me, the person that two years ago hoarded 300 tacos to get a specific 4* and got him on the 298th draw! I guess with 8 pulls left to go I'm commited to getting them individually and missing out on purchases for a few days. Then making sure I draw 50 per day.

I can't reset the vault OJSP as I need the Taskmaster blue over anything else.

• Monsoon3
    Monsoon3 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I'm in the same boat. I'm down to 6 pulls left in the Anniversary Vault. 5 of them are a FF token, a Devil Dinosaur, a Howard the Duck, 4* Wasp, and 4* Prof X. RNG is a fickle mistress.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just play some PVP, Galactus gives out some, etc.   You'll get a lot more tokens starting today.  Well, relative to when Cosmic Chaos was running.

Cue grumbling that last year Strange Sights was run during the Anniversary.....
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    This is just week 1.  Hoping more events with more Anniversary tokens per sub are coming in week 2
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    The 7 pulls left in my vault include Magik, the last dino and hammercap...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:

I can't reset the vault OJSP as I need the Taskmaster blue over anything else.

Im so with you on this.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you gotten the anniversary 10-pack from season progression yet? That could be the solution to your problem.
  • Tony_Foot
    I got the taskmaster with 3 to go. Got the last 3 tokens from pve and pvp and drew the next 50. No taskmaster again but I can at least keep drawing 50 per day now and ignore the free ones until the end.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just purchased Taskmaster for 24.99 with some ISO, six covers (two of each), and a command point.

I wasn’t going to cover him organically, so this seemed reasonable.

He is ready to champ with 3 saved covers now. I don’t feel too bad since I also broke my resolve on the Medusa costume. Got me again MPQ. 

Happy with both overall though. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Just purchased Taskmaster for 24.99 with some ISO, six covers (two of each), and a command point.

He is ready to champ with 3 saved covers now. I don’t feel too bad since I also broke my resolve on the Medusa costume. Got me again MPQ. 

I bought that deal last year.  Only time I ever spent more than 2 dollars in a month.  Even though I never use him, I have no regrets.  Mine is currently 275, with more covers to come before anniversary is over.  Nice not to worry about what cover is being offered (red... it's always red...) and just enjoy the champ levels.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

I bought that deal last year.  Only time I ever spent more than 2 dollars in a month.  Even though I never use him, I have no regrets.  Mine is currently 275, with more covers to come before anniversary is over.  Nice not to worry about what cover is being offered (red... it's always red...) and just enjoy the champ levels.
    Yeah, I have absolutely no practical use for him...but, he looks fun.

On the other hand Medusa’s dress will come in handy. :-/