3.8 Release is LIVE on Android

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Just FYI for everyone.

Usually Apple gets the updates a few hours later, so for all you fancy-pants IPhone users you've got some time.

Comments

• DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    WAR vanguards have vanished. Was hoping they would be in the normal WAR packs now but disappointed having saved 100+ packs
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Anyone notice in the "Card" area, there's three cards ahead of their expansion in there? ;)
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Azerack said:
    Anyone notice in the "Card" area, there's three cards ahead of their expansion in there? ;)
    Yeah, saw that. I guess we were all pretty right about how they were handling Food. Basically a Treasure support, but with 3 life gain instead of mana.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Azerack said:
    Yeah, saw that. I guess we were all pretty right about how they were handling Food. Basically a Treasure support, but with 3 life gain instead of mana.
    Yeah, apparently that was a "low hanging fruit" for some dev in Okta' since they managed to get it pushed with the 3.8 build.

Also, though.. Makes me wonder how soon Throne will be, then.  :open_mouth:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Azerack said:
    Those cards sure do look kind of spooky, wouldn't you say? ;)
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Hallowe’en specials :)
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Azerack said:
    Trick or treat!
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    What's spookier is the fact that vanguard supports are still exclusive. When will they become available in the WAR packs ?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    ertaii said:
    What's spookier is the fact that vanguard supports are still exclusive. When will they become available in the WAR packs ?
    Probably never.  Looks to me like Vanguards will remain their own separate thing.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Azerack said:
    Is this a teaser?? Can we expect this set sooner than we've been hoping???
  • OmegaLolrus
    Matthew said:
    Brigby said:
    Azerack said:
    Is this a teaser?? Can we expect this set sooner than we've been hoping???
    I took it as more of a "Halloween Preview Event to win those cards" type of thing. But I'm in love with Eldraine, so if it comes sooner, I ain't complaining.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Mburn7 said:
    ertaii said:
    Probably never.  Looks to me like Vanguards will remain their own separate thing.
    I wonder will any Vanguard sets eventually shift to legacy or will they be timeless like Origins packs? 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    I don't think there's any precedent for some of the cards in a set moving to Legacy while others in the same set remain in Standard.  From set icons on cards, search filters, and communication from D3, the set of each Vanguard card seems pretty clear.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Did I miss a memo where they said they were adding Vanguard cards for the four War of the Spark planeswalkers?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Volrak said:
    I don't think there's any precedent for some of the cards in a set moving to Legacy while others in the same set remain in Standard.  From set icons on cards, search filters, and communication from D3, the set of each Vanguard card seems pretty clear.
    Yeah I figured the probability was higher that they would shift over with their-related set.

However...

Given that vanguards are a new feature, specifically separated from the related-set (ex: unobtainable from packs), and are technically planeswalkers and user-planeswalkers dont switch to legacy, I thought there might be a possibility they might choose to handle them differently.

I mean, I would see a bit more justification in the high price for those cards if they were uneffected by shifts in standard.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Did I miss a memo where they said they were adding Vanguard cards for the four War of the Spark planeswalkers?
    No you didn't. At least they cut the ability to aquire any vangard from spark... for now, so I don't have to think about it. 

Not so funny fact: rare vangards from M20 are harder to aquire than mythic because exclusive and come in dupe packs. Still miss one of the best, Ajani. But 1 out of 6... I pass! 

Time again to wait for next set and hoard every ressource. 
  • OmegaLolrus
    I'm missing the Vivien and the Sorin rares... Debating how much I care about getting them.

Keep meaning to find a way to mix the Yanling rare into my angel deck...