Is 5 Storm the next to rotate out of LL vault ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
Hey all,

Is 5 Storm the next to be rotated out of latest legends vault and anyone know when ?

My hoard took a hit when CM, Hela, Doom were in LLs, then I spent some more to finish Thanos. I've since built my stash back up a bit.

I'd like to get some 5* Profesor covers as he's pretty decent plus completes the rainbow of powers with the 5s I have champed. I'm not crazy about the trio in LLs having both Iceman and Storn in vault right now. I'm not big on repeater abilities like Iceman has and Storm isn't bad but not too excited about her either. Before I spend anymore I was curious who is next to rotate out. 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes.
    When  depends on the release method of the next 5 and the date.
    3 weeks, give or take.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Storm will rotate out next.  They have not announced a new 5* yet so we do not know when yet.

if it follows the typical pattern, it will be two weeks after the next new 5* special store closes.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucky for you Professor rotates out last. So if he’s the one you’re eyeing you have plenty of time. In terms of power/usefulness, I’d rank them 1) Xavier 2) Ice 3) Storm, which is the inverse of when they leave Latests. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucky for you Professor rotates out last. So if he’s the one you’re eyeing you have plenty of time. In terms of power/usefulness, I’d rank them 1) Xavier 2) Ice 3) Storm, which is the inverse of when they leave Latests. 
    I’m not surprised to see you rate Storm third, I would have thought Iceman was above Charles though. 

Is Iceman not as good as he looks on paper or is Charles better than he looks? 

I’m close to covering Iceman, the game has been stingy with me for ProfX though. I have 5 black and 1 Purple so far. I wasn’t really going to prioritize the chase that much, but if he is at least as good as JJ, I’ll go back to sinking everything I’ve got into pulling LLs.

At this rate I’m not sure I’ll ever have the ISO to champ them as they get covered, but that’s tomorrow’s problem.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Ice is a decent deterrent on defense because you're likely to get stunned, but he doesn't do much on offense and isn't fast. The Professor is good on defense (the AI can't screw up his blue) and really good/fast on offense. I'd agree with the rankings above of PX/Ice/Storm. Storm can be good but she needs specific partners that aren't readily attainable.

Overall I'd say PX is a top tier 5*. Usable in both PVE and PVP even when not boosted.
  • jp1
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Ice is a decent deterrent on defense because you're likely to get stunned, but he doesn't do much on offense and isn't fast. The Professor is good on defense (the AI can't screw up his blue) and really good/fast on offense. I'd agree with the rankings above of PX/Ice/Storm. Storm can be good but she needs specific partners that aren't readily attainable.

Overall I'd say PX is a top tier 5*. Usable in both PVE and PVP even when not boosted.
    Guess the chase is still on then. 

I’m assuming one of the Storm partners you are referring to is BB, whom I have champed. Is there a third that makes that team better yet?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    jp1 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I’m assuming one of the Storm partners you are referring to is BB, whom I have champed. Is there a third that makes that team better yet?
    Personally I think Gambit is a better partner. She allows his first red to hit hard and he is guaranteed to get her 6 black so she's one match away from a decent team nuke (and obviously he spits out more charged tiles). They share no active colors.

Bolt is actually NOT that great a partner outside of the continual passive damage. It's actually a slow team and they have total color overlap.

I've been running Bolt/Gambit/Storm when she's the featured 5*, like now.  It's a bit slow, but all in all builds very quickly and is good mindless fun.  You don't need to pay much attention to your matches, really, since Gambit's red will eventually build up enough to fire, and that will probably feed Storm's black.  Green gives you the choice of board control or damage, you use Storm's yellow instead of Bolt's.
  • jp1
    Well, that’s disappointing. Gambit is my least likely to ever get champed at this point. 

Oh well, I’ll be running her with Okoye and someone else I guess.

I was Champing her before Rescue, which is funny now because Rescue actually works well with Gritty.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    jp1 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Personally I think Gambit is a better partner. She allows his first red to hit hard and he is guaranteed to get her 6 black so she's one match away from a decent team nuke (and obviously he spits out more charged tiles). They share no active colors.

Bolt is actually NOT that great a partner outside of the continual passive damage. It's actually a slow team and they have total color overlap.

I've been running Bolt/Gambit/Storm when she's the featured 5*, like now.  It's a bit slow, but all in all builds very quickly and is good mindless fun.  You don't need to pay much attention to your matches, really, since Gambit's red will eventually build up enough to fire, and that will probably feed Storm's black.  Green gives you the choice of board control or damage, you use Storm's yellow instead of Bolt's.

Throw in a third, then yeah, it's viable. But in most PVP's and essentials in PVE where you can only bring two, they are not a great pair compared with the plethora of other strong pairs out there.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    GrimSkald said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    jp1 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Throw in a third, then yeah, it's viable. But in most PVP's and essentials in PVE where you can only bring two, they are not a great pair compared with the plethora of other strong pairs out there.
    My 5/1/0 Bolt and 4/2/5 Gambit are both happy to hear this. I’m thinking I might do an in-depth breakdown of why I rank the Latests the way I do, having champed and played around with them.