Fan Favorites - Worth Bursting a Hoard (Due to the 42.5% Chance on "Favorite" 4 Stars)?

IIAlonditeII
IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IIAlonditeII/

My Roster, for reference.

Here is the question. I am willing to spend a little bit on HP for slots, and I earn about 1200 HP a week on average, so I could roster a few extra pulls.

The main draw is not the 5 Stars, for me - but having Kitty Pride as one of the options is somewhat alluring, for sure. The main draw is that the 4 Star pulls are weighted towards some of the higher-end 4 Star options, a lot of which I have rostered but incomplete. This means that I could potentially take a lower risk of hitting walls in breaking my horde while making rapid progress. The issue is, if I pull a bunch that are not already rostered, I run into the problem anyway - needing to stop so I can build up HP to roster them all, and going back down to my "pull until I need to roster 1" pattern.

For reference,

1,555 HP
1,484 CP
Willing to spend 20 on HP (going to wait thru entire anniversary though, to snipe any sales that may take place).

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are looking at the long game, no...I would keep hoarding if I were you.  Too good of a chance you get too many 4* that you can't roster. However, If you think that opening the CP will help your roster more now or increase your interest in the game, I can't argue against those points. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, you have most of the decent ones so my question would be if you care about the limited characters that you don't have right now like Devil Dinosaur, Taskmaster and Howard the Duck. Those aren't in the Fan Favorites store but you could potentially get all three of them over the next two weeks from event tokens for the Anniversary vault or other ways.

If you do decide to go nuts with your hoard, like I did this morning and it was glorious, I would recommend making sure that 4* Rocket is your bonus hero and I'm sure Kitty would be your 5* BH. Those two will definitely impact your game a lot and if you're able to get your Rocket a decent amount of covers then you can run him with your 3* Gamora or Star Lord until the 4* version of your Guardians are in better shape.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    What’s most shocking is that 4* Thanos counts as a fan favorite XD
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    What’s most shocking is that 4* Thanos counts as a fan favorite XD
    Thanos is a very popular Marvel character.  I'm sure he's a top 12 person among people who come into the game from liking the MCU and are on Days 1-200 or so.  And have no idea what 4nos does.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    You can never hoard enough.  Took me 102 pulls to get a single 5* prof x
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Wish I had known that stat, did 20 pulls in fan favorites and got zero 5* characters, I didn’t want to blow my whole hoard, so I stopped, but what a bummer. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Believe it or not, with a 5% chance to pull any particular 5*, there's a 3.4% chance that in 102 pulls you'll pull 1 or 0 covers for that particular 5*. So certainly unlucky but not unheard of. For comparison, you have a 3.9% chance of being dealt suited connectors when playing Texas Hold 'Em.