if we are not getting nerfs or changes...

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
how about we bring back gambit 2.0 and return OML to his pre-nerf state (or even buff him past it). if variety is what we are looking for at the top of the meta, what's the harm in buffing these guys back to being relevant. maybe they will just be extra fodder for the jump-in-front all-stars but hey, at least it worth a try. 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or how about adapting to changes, instead of living in the past?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    I think Jredd has a point. Let's embrace the power creep and see what happens.
  • HoundofShadow
    I don't know what kind of world some in here live in, but I certainly don't live in a world where things go my way every single time.

When changes happen, sometimes I have the perfect resources to deal with them. Sometimes, I don't. When I don't, I make the best use of what I have or step back and look at things from other angles to solve the challenges that the changes brought into my world. The worst case scenario is that I wait for changes to come again.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I agree with the OP sentiments here... (although I sold my 462 gambit last time), buffing back OML should be a nice change. Devs cannot bring back all characters who were debuff, but at least start with some. After all he was a fan favorite before the nerf.
  • HoundofShadow
    I don't think I meant to say that their discussion is invalid.

Is nerf the only way to deal with these characters? Why can't people just take a step back and adapt to the situation instead of calling for nerf? 

Sometimes I think the "old guards" are holding the game back from exploring new mechanics or from introducing changes to the game, which I think is a negative.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    It would be amazing to see how pre nerf gambit fares against the new meta. This would be a great feature to turn on pre nerf states for a limited time!
    if Gambit was champed I think Bishop would win ;)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not against old 3*Gambit he wouldn't. Bring back 3* Gambit, let the 4* tier get a taste of what the 5* have been complaining about.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    peterdark said:
    It would be amazing to see how pre nerf gambit fares against the new meta. This would be a great feature to turn on pre nerf states for a limited time!
    if Gambit was champed I think Bishop would win ;)
    hahahahaha I am not so sure you know! Gambit generated AP like a beast. my god when he got rolling on his red, he was scary. but of course with the stun locking......
    The second version which was scarier still needed about 4 turns to generate the red to get going.   By that point,  bishop would have frozen everyone on your team. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Gambit 2.0/Worthy Cap would be a nightmare factory most likely. What I'm very curious about is how a Gritty team would fare against it though, because Gambit of course could overwrite all the things, but could he do it fast enough to avoid Kitty's purple repeater? I don't recall if repeaters were in play at that time, but I seem to recall his original purple overwrote ALL special types at first. 

I'm also very curious what Original Flavor 0/0/5 3* Gambit/Thing/Spider-Gwen would do in the face of a Bishop team.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be pretty upset if they un-did the nerfs. I sold my Gambit. I don't want to have to chase him again.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Heck - bring back old XFW and Goddess Thor.  Are they really that bad compared to where the 4* tier is now?

While we’re at it - bring back 2 AP stun 3* Spider-man.  That’ll deal with Bishop easily 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2019
    For posterity, in case anybody who doesn't remember those good old days is like "but gambit is upper trash tier, what are they on about?" I would encourage you to search "gambattery" and enjoy:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68656/3-gambat-0-0-5-build-is-this-good-for-the-game/p1

Pre-nerf OML was before my time - I remember when the nerf happend but I didn't have him and wasn't seeing any to speak of due to my MMR to have an opinion, but I gather the numbers on his health regen and strike creation were bananagrams (relative to the times).

Here is the nerf thread with the new numbers, but it doesn't list the old ones.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63002/power-gem-season-updates-updated-4-6-17

I believe he used to count himself as an ally when determining if his heal would work, so he could heal while alone.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Not against old 3*Gambit he wouldn't. Bring back 3* Gambit, let the 4* tier get a taste of what the 5* have been complaining about.
    The 4* tier would be fine with Gambatt (3* Gambit on his own was still, well, 3*) as his partners were Spider Gwen (cheap stun and nuke,)and Thing (bodyguard) at that time. Makes me wonder what the team would be now?
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Here is the nerf thread with the new numbers, but it doesn't list the old ones.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63002/power-gem-season-updates-updated-4-6-17

I believe he used to count himself as an ally when determining if his heal would work, so he could heal while alone.
    Yes indeed, his healing always worked as the phrasing of the Power I believe was "Self Heal + additional amount per ally" or something to that effect.  Also, the Self Heal was more per each ally as well.

His nerf was 100% because he was a Health Pack saver.  During his heyday, there weren't that many 5 Stars, so he would tank everything.  You didn't even need the occasional 7 Yellow you now need for Okoye to save Health Packs.
    Just talking about that era almost makes he want to go "Prologue Heal"...

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    I don't know what kind of world some in here live in, but I certainly don't live in a world where things go my way every single time.

When changes happen, sometimes I have the perfect resources to deal with them. Sometimes, I don't. When I don't, I make the best use of what I have or step back and look at things from other angles to solve the challenges that the changes brought into my world. The worst case scenario is that I wait for changes to come again.
    I know you think you're contributing to the conversation, but the reality is that you're just being antagonistic. Nothing you've said here benefits the conversation in any way, all you're doing is telling other people that their discussion is invalid, which is uselessly hostile.

That's pretty much what you just did too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    There was a “rebalance” early in gambit’s tenure that actually made him better, but I don’t recall exactly what it was. Is that when his AP gain went to the repeater, and the repeater came out at battle start, but before the AP cost went up and damage went down? It is tough to dig that stuff up on the forum