**** Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) **** Updated (10/8/19)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited October 2019 in Character Details
"A symbol of hope in dystopian 2099, Miguel O'Hara inherited the mantle of Spider-Man after a corporate lab accident granted him spider-like abilities. Now he fights the oppressive mega-corporations of Nueva York, inspiring its citizens to rise up against their tyrannical yolk."

Note: The numbers for the character are still going through a few final tweaks, so we'll be updating those later. For now, you'll be able to see how the character works mechanically.

008-Spider-Man-2099-1000x523-Website-Banner-BlueWhitejpg

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes, Spider-Verse
bluetilepng yellowtilepngblacktilepng

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3779 Health / 13995 Health
yellowtilepng 37 |  9 | bluetilepng 42 | purpletilepng 8 | greentilepng 10 |blacktilepng 33 |  23 |  4x
yellowtilepng 74 |  12 | bluetilepng 85 | purpletilepng 11 | greentilepng 13 |blacktilepng 65 |  43 |  4x

Spider Bite
 - 8 bluetilepng AP
Miguel bites his foe, injecting them with a paralytic toxin that leaves them vulnerable. Stuns the target for 1 turn, then converts a chosen tile into an 3-turn Countdown tile. The target takes 15% additional damage as long as the Countdown tile is on the board.
  • Level 2: ...Countdown tile. The target takes 25% additional damage...
  • Level 3: Stuns the target for 2 turns, then...
  • Level 4: Stuns the target for 3 turns, then...into a 4-turn Countdown tile. The target takes 30% additional damage...
  • Level 5: Stuns the target for 4 turns, then...tile. The target takes 75% additional damage...
Harbinger of Heroes - yellowtilepng Passive
(PASSIVE) A champion of a past age, Spider-Man is always willing to help heroes fight the good fight. Whenever a friendly Hero makes a Black or Blue match, creates 1 Green, Purple, or Red Web tiles and deals 235 damage.
  • Level 2: ...or Red tile and deals 380 damage.
  • Level 3: ...creates 2 Green, Purple, or Red Web tiles...
  • Level 4: ...creates 3 Green, Purple, or Red Web tiles and deals 488 damage.
  • Level 5: ...friendly Hero makes a Black, Blue, or Yellow match...Web tiles and deals 633 damage.
Uprising - 9 blacktilepng AP
Miguel launches a vicious attack upon his foes, driving those around him to rise up against their oppressors. Deals 1082 damage and converts up to 2 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 1876 damage to a random enemy.
  • Level 2: Deals 1262 damage to the target...1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 2309 damage to a random enemy.
  • Level 3: ...and converts up to 3 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles...
  • Level 4: Deals 1533 damage...and converts up to 4 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 2706 damage...
  • Level 5: Deals 1623 damage...and converts up to 5 Web tiles into 1-turn Countdown tiles that deal 3427 damage...

Recruit Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Heroes for Hire
Starts: October 10, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 17, 2019, 7:00am
Price: 7000 HP

Contents:
  • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) Purple Cover
  • Spider-Man (Infinity War) Blue Cover
  • 16x Elite tokens
  • 6 Command Points
  • 20,000 Iso-8
Spider-Man 2099 & Friends
Starts: October 13, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 18, 2019, 2:00am
80 Item Vault

Contents:
  • Legendary token
  • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • Random Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) Cover
  • 2x random 4-Stars from the following (Human Torch (Jim Hammond), Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man (Infinity War))
  • 21x 3-Stars (3x featured, 18x random)
  • 52x 2-Stars (10x featured, 42x random)

Event Schedule

Lost in Time
Starts: October 10, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 14, 2019, 2:00am
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) in Placement Rewards

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
Starts: October 10, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 17, 2019, 7:00am
  • Rewards tokens to Lost in Time, random cover of Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara), and more
Featured Event:
Webbed Wonder
Starts: October 13, 2019, 7:00am
Ends: October 18, 2019, 2:00am
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) & Friends vault

Versus Tournament:
Future Shock
Starts: October 13, 2019, 8:00am
Ends: October 16, 2019, 3:00pm
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) & Friends vault

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Oh nice not a 5
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Errr.  With regards to his yellow.... isn't he a champion of a *future* age?  Not a past one?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rad, web tile user that can actually make use of the blue Miles generates. And a web tile user that touches on newer colors in general. Hopefully his yellow works well with Miles, Gwen and/or Iron Spidey, could be a fun web-tile combo. Glad he's a 4 so he'll work with them in general, and there's a chance to get him covered to play around with in matches.

Curious to see who our Anniversary 5 is going to be, since we're off-pattern a little by making Miguel a 4.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    mbaren said:
    Errr.  With regards to his yellow.... isn't he a champion of a *future* age?  Not a past one?
    He likes time hopping and helping those in the past, hence their champion. Stupid time travel messing with nouns.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Can we assume he and IWSpidey will lock each other out? Or not because they are different people?
    I love me my "Team Webs" (IWSpidey/Miles/SpGwen) and need to know who Spider2099 might replace.
  • skittledaddy
    Depending on damage values, that Black power could be nasty.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fairly disappointed he is not a 5* so we could have a web partner for Peter in 5* land.

Still very happy to have Miguel in the game though.
  • skittledaddy
    Is Miguel a limited 4* similar to last year's anniversary of giving us a character badly wanted but then making it impossible to earn covers???
    Devs confirmed on Discord that Spidey2099 is a "normal" char, not a Limited char.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So he Lue looks interesting especially paired with 5* Parker adding web tiles.  I do wish he was a 5* and it seems we are going an extra 4* release this cycle.  

Looking forward to anniversary week and remember we like feeders and buffing old 5* to make them relevant in the game
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cant keep up with all these character releases.... :(
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    He looks like a potential monster with other Spidey characters. I love it. I love the Spideys in this game. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    So is the oppression in 2099 really egg based?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    A fowl ploy.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    What confuses me is we got A Star Is Reborn, and MAXimum Time. Are those for this guy? Were they clueing SM2099? This seems off.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    mbaren said:
    He likes time hopping and helping those in the past, hence their champion. Stupid time travel messing with nouns.
    Nothing messes with grammar like time travel ;)
    My mind immediately jumps to Iron Spidey/Miles as his teammates, but I'm sure there are some other good ones as well.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Ooooh, we now have complete rainbow coverage with Web Warrior teams!
    I like this character!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the yellow passive only apply to team mates with the "Heroes" affiliation, or is that just flowery language?
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker

Event Details 'Soon'

I was wondering if anyone seen my joke from the release notes R187. 
    Thanks IceIX😎
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    What confuses me is we got A Star Is Reborn, and MAXimum Time. Are those for this guy? Were they clueing SM2099? This seems off.
    The ‘MAX’ is most likely referring to Alchemax, the corporation synonymous with spidey 2099.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Sounds like a fun character