Core Set 2020 Card Gallery (9/30/19)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited October 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The Core Set 2020 Card Gallery is now live.  

Check it out HERE!

We will keep everyone posted on when the update is planned to go live this week.  Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Was really hoping the Leylines would cost 0 on your first turn, but they seem pretty okay. 

Is there a way to consolidate the new vanguards? They’re kind of a chore to make sense of.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Which cards will be the exclusives of the set please?
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    What does Mox Tantalite transform into?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Avahad said:
    The cards that are exclusive are labeled in the album but here you go with the list too.

Primeval Titan
    Sun Titan
    Frost Titan
    Grave Titan
    Inferno Titan
    Leyline of Lifeforce
    Leyline of Punishment
    Leyline of Singularity
    Leyline of the Meek
    Leyline of Vitality
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Is there any way we can get card galleries outside of Facebook?  I have always hated Facebook and everything it stands for and will never be apart of it, but I would love to be able to view the new card galleries.
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Will all the Vanguards only be in the vault packs or will all or some also end up in the normal booster packs? 
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    versemage said:
    Is there any way we can get card galleries outside of Facebook?  I have always hated Facebook and everything it stands for and will never be apart of it, but I would love to be able to view the new card galleries.
    I second the motion to be able to view outside of Facebook.  Not for the above reasons, but the fact that I can't stand how the gallery is laid out on Facebook.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    Avahad said:
    The cards that are exclusive are labeled in the album but here you go with the list too.

Primeval Titan
    Sun Titan
    Frost Titan
    Grave Titan
    Inferno Titan
    Leyline of Lifeforce
    Leyline of Punishment
    Leyline of Singularity
    Leyline of the Meek
    Leyline of Vitality
    You wouldn't know by chance which will be cash exclusives and which are event exclusives?
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Gunmix25 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Avahad said:

Primeval Titan
    Sun Titan
    Frost Titan
    Grave Titan
    Inferno Titan
    Leyline of Lifeforce
    Leyline of Punishment
    Leyline of Singularity
    Leyline of the Meek
    Leyline of Vitality
    You wouldn't know by chance which will be cash exclusives and which are event exclusives?
    Normally mythics are cash and rares will be event. So titan would be cash I expect 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    TheDude1 said:
    Will Lavinia and Leyline of Lifeforce cause an infinite loop, much the way Ethereal Absolution and Murder Investigation did?  One card drains mana, the other puts it right back, etc.? 

-snip for space-
    Good eye! I'll pass that along to QA to review. Thanks!
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Tomik plus lotus field is another infinite loop if you dont control another land. Lotus field comes into play and destroys itself, tomik returns lotus field to play, rinse repeat.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    I know Brigby said they would keep us posted when the update is planned to go live, and I'm just saying tomorrow is Wednesday. So . . . it can't be too far out to let us know which day at this point right?
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    woooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited October 2019
    Just to add another few (potentially) infinite interactions introduced by M20 to the list in case one or more may be unintended:
    1.  Elvish Reclaimer + Lotus Field may form a similar loop to Tomik + Lotus Field (or the current Tomik + Mirrorpool behavior with certain spells) if a deck contains no other supports
    2.  Kethis + Experimental Frenzy (only players would be able to utilize this if it turns out to be infinite, as the AI appears never to exile cards)
    3.  Marauding Raptor with several cards or combinations of cards (possibly not an exhaustive list):
    • Graf Harvest
    • Murder Investigation
    • Reassembling Skeleton
    • Relentless Dead
    • Sanctifier of Souls
    • Despoiler of Souls + Elfhame Druid (similar to the current interaction these two cards have with Sarkhan's Unsealing)
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Dodecapod said:

2.  Kethis + Experimental Frenzy (only players would be able to utilize this if it turns out to be infinite, as the AI appears never to exile cards)

No worries on Kethis I think.  Card states that "when you exile a card from your hand"... Frenzy bypasses the exiling part, so you'd just be tossing cards in the GY.  I tried that combo with Enhanced Surveillance, and it does not trigger when you "exile" a card from your hand when Frenzy is out.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Dodecapod said:
    Just to add another few (potentially) infinite interactions introduced by M20 to the list in case one or more may be unintended:
    1.  Elvish Reclaimer + Lotus Field may form a similar loop to Tomik + Lotus Field (or the current Tomik + Mirrorpool behavior with certain spells) if a deck contains no other supports

3.  Marauding Raptor with several cards or combinations of cards (possibly not an exhaustive list):
    • Graf Harvest
    • Murder Investigation
    • Reassembling Skeleton
    • Relentless Dead
    • Sanctifier of Souls
    • Despoiler of Souls + Elfhame Druid (similar to the current interaction these two cards have with Sarkhan's Unsealing)
    Thanks for this info! I'll pass it along to QA for review.

As for the Kethis + Experimental Frenzy combo, I just did a quick test of that on a QA build, and it doesn't seem to create any infinite loop. This supports @boopers observation that the card is being treated as discarded into the graveyard, as opposed to exiled.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Dodecapod said:

• Graf Harvest
    • Murder Investigation
    • Reassembling Skeleton
    • Relentless Dead
    • Sanctifier of Souls
    Thanks for this info! I'll pass it along to QA for review.

As for the Kethis + Experimental Frenzy combo, I just did a quick test of that on a QA build, and it doesn't seem to create any infinite loop. This supports @boopers observation that the card is being treated as discarded into the graveyard, as opposed to exiled.
    Thank you for taking a moment to test this out. Good to hear that it doesn't create an infinite loop.