Brigby: From Community Manager to Assistant Producer (9/25/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Over the past 3 years or so, you've known me as D3 Go!'s Community Manager, and during those years I've had the privilege of relaying all of the community's feedback to the rest of our team.

Being quick to relay feedback is, of course, important, but recently I’ve been given the opportunity to take a more hands-on role to help facilitate the development process. Not only would this role help expand our team's bandwidth and capabilities, but also help push the community’s ideas further into the spotlight. So to that end, I've agreed to be the newest addition to the Production team as an Assistant Producer.

Now what does that mean about the forum? Some things will change a bit, but other things will stay the same. I'll still be around to post and update things, such as major Announcements and the Sneak Peek, but some of my time moving forward will also be consumed by more behind-the-scenes work to improve the game. I'll be assisting with things like streamlining the QA process or reviewing upcoming content earlier in development.

In other words, less of me simply saying we’re going to do something, and more of me directly contributing towards doing that something.

As I said earlier though, I’ll still be around to post and update things, however with this transition, my hope is that the following will occur:
  1. Quality > Quantity - Being in an Assistant Producer role would allow me to post comments that are more informative and insightful when I do.
  2. Game Improving = Less Questions - A lot of questions at the moment revolve around "Will X bug be fixed?" and/or "When is #.# build coming out?" By working behind the scenes, I hope to be able to help gradually improve the game, so the former question pops up less, and be involved enough in development that I can answer any remaining questions sooner rather than later.
In addition, we’ll also be introducing a more direct way for players to submit their Q&A questions to Oktagon: the MTGPQ Q&A Submission Form. Now you can pass along any questions you may have to Oktagon at any time!

I know this is a big change, but my goal is for this to help allow for quicker improvements in the game and a better overall experience for players. Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and of course, thank you for being a part of our MTGPQ community!

TL;DR - I've transitioned from Community Manager to Assistant Producer, which means a more direct contribution towards, and interaction with, the QA and development process.

Comments

• Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Congratulations.  I think this is a very good thing and has a lot of potential.  Good start.  
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats @Brigby and thanks for the insight!

We'll miss you hanging out on the forums more often, but its good to know you're in a better place instead  :p
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats, Brigby. You’ve done so much for this game and it’s well deserved. 
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Congratulations on this great opportunity :) Thanks for everything you did for the forum and the community so far and best wishes..
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Congratulations! 
    They have chosen wisely.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Congratulations, Brigby!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Congrats!  Well deserved!
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grats, Brigby! I hope you really DO have the chance to provide everything you said.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one envious of your chance and I hope D3 lets you make the most of your new position and your years of experience with this game.

Stick to your guns and aim high. :smile:

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congratulations Brigby, that's wonderful news and good for all of us in the long run!
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Congrats Brigby!  Thanks for all of your efforts to improve the game and the community throughout the last few years, and hope the transition brings exciting new experiences for everyone involved with the new arrangement.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Congrats buddy! You've worked hard trying to keep us in the loop and now are taking a new direction in which to improve the game and keep it moving forward. Proud of ya
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Congrats Brigby.  Just remember sometimes the pasture isn't always greener on the other side.  I just hope they take you seriously and will listen to your suggestions and Implement them if they feel it makes sense. 
  • Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Congratulations Brigby.

Does this mean that there is no longer an official "Community Manager" position?  Or are we going to get a new one?  Or are you going to continue to fulfill that role?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Congratulations @Brigby! I appreciate all your supports to the community so far, and wish you all the best with the new assignment! 

Cheers!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Congrats, Brigby! Considering how hard you've worked in a really unenviable position, I hope your promotion also comes with a pay bump, cuz you deserve one. Really looking forward to seeing you bring your ideas to the game!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats Brigby. As someone who experienced you primarily on the MPQ side before your move over here I always felt you were the best community manager we have had. Great to see you get a promotion. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Congrats Brigby! This move is really needed for the future sake of this game! You deserve it (and so do we ;-))