Choose your own pop-up store, who would you pick?

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
Simple question. With anniversary around the corner, I expect that we will get a “favorite legends” store. The contents of which are unknown (but since it’s based on fan voting, we can probably make some guesses on who would be included). 

This led me to think, I’d you could pick three characters for the next pop-up store, who would you choose and why?

My picks:

1) Black Bolt- He has so much synergy with people I already have champed. Storm, Okoye, and Gambit (pending feeder) would all make such fun teams with Bolt. He is also arguably the best character that I don’t have champed. Mine is an atrocious 5/1/0. Ouch. 

2) Hawkeye- There is a ton of meta potential with this guy, as the developers get more creative with their characters. I was jealous of all the Hawkeye/Worthy Cap teams I had to face, knowing I couldn’t mirror. I also think in the few events where speed doesn’t matter, CoulHawk can beat anything (albeit slowly). He’d make a great pair with Bobby, who I have champed. But unfortunately Clint is only 1/3/0. 

3) Okoye- For the last pick, I thought about people that I am closer to finishing in that 8-11 cover range. And there are quite a few good candidates that I could find use for like Star-Lord, Logan, Surfer, Parker, etc. but with bad distribution I wouldn’t want any of these being my highest level character just to finish the first two. So I went with Okoye because each level on her is another level I would get to put in my unchamped Thor. My Okoye is currently at 453. 

So how about you? You get to create your own pop-up store, for let’s say a month from now (to build a hoard). Who are your selects?

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    My pop-up store would be GE Doom, Hela & Kitty Pryde.  All three range from mid-tier to meta and all three are currently horribly under-covered on my roster (1/1/1, 0/1/1 & 2/0/0, respectively).  While not a 5* player, I do enjoy using my 5*'s with 6+ covers when I can.  The ones with missing powers and/or sitting at lower levels suffer too much by comparison unless I'm punching down to my opponent.  Unfortunately, all my 9+ cover 5*'s have one power at 5 covers so with the limited draws I get I'd worry about getting another saved cover from my 5* pulls if I instead went with Thanos (3/5/3), Hawkeye (2/5[+1]/2) or Black Bolt (5/2/3) to shoot for a champ from this hypothetical store (technically FA Cap is 5/4/1, but the other three are all more tempting to champ before him for different reasons, not the least of which being I haven't found a fun team for him, yet).

The one other thing my pop-up store would have is only including the latest 12 for 4*'s, just as it was during vaulting.  We've had a solid run of 4*'s lately, but many are totally unusable for me due to dilution.  While I understand the frustration with vaulting, this is my dream store so get your own! ;)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, and strictly based on my roster and play style....

1. Daredevil
    2. Thor
    3. Hawkeye

or 

1. Thanos
    2. Thor
    3. Daredevil

Besides Black Panther those pretty much cover the spectrum of my current interest.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor, Kitty and Okoye. Naturally they waited for me to retire earlier this year to do that store. Anyway, my Thor is at nine covers so I would be a little tempted to champ him if I could get him fully covered. Probably wouldn't because I prefer 4* pvp.
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Thor, Okoye, Jessica Jones. I am only missing a few covers on each.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Thanos / Kitty / Okoye

Near misses for Daredevil and Jess J
  • ssbledsoe
    ssbledsoe Posts: 52 Match Maker
    1) Daredevil - currently 2/5/0 - I would have to run hot (as I did in the Wakanda Store) to get him finished/covered, but my BP5 went from 4/3/0 to covered, so why not DD too

2) Strange - currently 7/2/0 - again, would need to run a hot pull rate to get him covered, but another character I'd love to finish

3) Okoye - I think there are very few of us that would complain about getting more Okoye covers

There are a handful of other "useful" characters (GED, Surfer, BSSM) out there I don't have completed.  I can work on SS & BSSM w/ feeders/BH, and GED is pretty close to finished for me and maybe he gets a feeder one of these years.

So yeah, I'll stick to trying to finish DD/5trange and adding any levels I can for Okoye.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have any stockpiled resources, so it really doesn't matter much to me. I liked that Wakanda Legends store we just had with Okoye/Thano5/Panther, but all i got from it was a single red for my now 2/0/2. 

Hypothetically speaking though, I would like to be able to finish Okoye (6/4/1) and Jessica (4/3/4). I'm close on a few others (Fi5k, 5torm, Hela, Rescue, Hawkeye), but i have trash tier Gladiator Thor (2/0/2) and Kitty Pryde (2/2/0) that it would be awesome to be able to use more.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Panther (5/2/5 with 1 saved)
    Peter Parker Spider-Man (3/5/4 with 2 saved)
    Thanos (3/5/3 with 2 saved)

Okoye was my first 5-star champion, and I've already got Kitty and Thor championed.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'd lean Kitty Pryde (I especially want to get her tile overwriter down to 1 turn countdowns), Hawkeye (he really is one of my favorite 5s to play around with when Cap M4rvel is boosted and I want someone who throws out cheap countdown tiles) and either Hela or Jessica Jones. I have better covers on Jessica, but Hela's downed me in more than one fight because I underestimated her and that's the 5-star I like to tinker with on my teams, the 5-star people forget about who then makes you pay for not remembering their strengths.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    5* Player, 18 5* champed, I'd go with the following:
    1) Black Panther - my 1/5/2 Panther has been sitting at level 256, undercovered and mis-levelled.  My son increased his level by one a couple years ago by mistake and it's been driving me nuts ever since.  The rest of the less-than-10-cover 5*s all sit at 255.  I didn't pull any BP from the recent store.
    2) Black Bolt - my 3/3/3 Bolt needs at least one more cover, any color.  The rest can be finished off by my 329 Medusa at some point (340, 350, 360).
    3) BSSM - my 5/3/2 BSSM could use some love.  Don't think I'd really use him, but would like to complete him regardless.  I know of his uses versus Gritty, but he just gets slaughtered by Thorkoye teams afterward so it doesn't matter.  I just brute force my way through Gritty with my own Thorkoye or mirror.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Hela. I was really bummed that I didn't manage to finish her while she was in Latests. Champed, I think she'd be really fun to run with Kitty.
    2) Black Bolt. Seems like he'd play really well with Storm, despite the colour overlap. Also nice consistent Passive damage for Okoye or Grockitty to boost, without being as fragile as Medusa or Chavez.
    3) Thor. Stuck at 3/0/2 for ages now. Even just a few more covers could really help make him more useful.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    BW 4/1/2
    Archangel 1/3/3
    GED 3/1/5
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Kitty + Grocket + Bishop -- because I'm short some meta.

ME Hulk + Chavez + Mockingbird -- because I heart them but they're undercovered.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    Wasp
    Banner
    Kingpin

Because some men just want to watch the forum burn. 
    I'll support this one, actually.

I just made the heartbreaking decision to pull latests instead of Wakanda, only because I would have a chance at covering them properly (and I am really close, so it did work).  I wouldn't mind trash stores for a year so I can keep going on latest without being tempted to siphon off CP for a good store.

But once I have a comfortable hoard to spend, Okoye, JJ, Daredevil, please.

I know people are concerned with 4* dilution, but I have broken through it, and I'm not worried about covering any individual 4*.  Trying to cover the best classic 5's though, that is really hard...

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Kitty, Thor, Okoye and my hoard is gone.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Probably Thor, Okoye and Thanos, since they've all got ten or so covers. I've only got five 5s champed, so it would be great to get a few more.

But I've only got four covers for Kitty, so I'd love to get more covers for her too. Decisions, decisions.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Can I have a Thor, Thor and Thor store?
    Mine's 1/1/5 which is just an awful build.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Kitty, Okoye, JJ would be my dream team... I mean store! :)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see a store with:

Dr. Doom (God Emperor) - Mine is at 3/1/2, and I kinda like his set.
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton) - At 1/1/2, he's not much to look at. I'd like to unleash his full power :>
    Spider-Man (Peter Parker) - Again someone I have only a few covers for (1/1/2). But seems fun to play too!