UI Update - Resource Screen

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

With the various engine updates we've been pushing into the game over the past couple months, one of the things that we've been able to do is increase our control over UI alterations. You've definitely noticed how snappy the game has gotten lately, but that also extends to being able to revamp some screens as well. Some screens are being updated simply because work to the rest of the engine in that location means it's just as easy to update the UI at the same time as it is to leave it the same and work the engine upgrades into the current UI. Other screens will take more in-depth individual work. An example of the first where the work is in-line with engine work is live as of this morning's patch, the Resource screen.

We don't currently have a timeline on when other screens will be updated. As I said, some just make sense to do along with the back end work and others don't. We do definitely have plans for at least a few updates though, and you'll get more news on those Soon™.

Comments

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Looking forward to updates, especially if you could look again into this PVE‘s showcase of The Mindless One’s Laggyness?

So far it seems only animations have been upped to 60fps, but the actual duration of banner and tile placements is like years ago. Thanks for working on it!
  • IceIX
    supergarv said:
    Looking forward to updates, especially if you could look again into this PVE‘s showcase of The Mindless One’s Laggyness?

So far it seems only animations have been upped to 60fps, but the actual duration of banner and tile placements is like years ago. Thanks for working on it!
    Some were able to be updated fairly easily, like Moonstone's Gravity Warp and Control shift. Others are more complex in how they were implemented. Mindless Ones are definitely high on that list of "these things take a while to fire" though.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I posted this on Discord but I give it a go here as well, on Steam, the iso amount numbers blends with the top background

STEAM LIVES MATTER
  • IceIX
    ursopro said:
    I posted this on Discord but I give it a go here as well, on Steam, the iso amount numbers blends with the top background

STEAM LIVES MATTER
    Noted there and here as well. Thanks for the report. :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course the biggest update is to make the store look prettier.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Noted there and here as well. Thanks for the report. :)

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a future upgrade to the store, I'd like to see a third category for the other things for sale. There's a click-able "badge" for each item, so give space for a badge for VIP, and for any Heroes for Hire bundles (costumes, or the weekend 4-star bundles we've had recently, or any of the Shield Clearance Level bundles players unlock as they rank up, etc).

I saw something recently about a mobile game (maybe another Marvel game, I don't really remember), and I saw a comment talking about the Store page, and realized MPQ doesn't quite have a designated area where everything is shown together. So that could be a nice upgrade for some uniformity.

Then you keep the things that are in the game already (costume and 4-star character bundles under Heroes for Hire, or the option to buy VIP from the VIP menu itself, or those pop-ups that suggest you buy HP when you select an HP 10x or 40x pack that you can't afford, for example) as extra indicators to support a central store, so it feels less "all over the place." Then if there are future options (CP or Red ISO or Support bundles or Costumes or even some brand new feature), there's a dedicated place for them to appear in-game already.

Of course the biggest update is to make the store look prettier.
    And of course, the forums will complain about anything. I should screenshot these and start a scrapbook.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I know Steam players are the minority, but can we get a little love in regards of separate UI updates to mobile please.
    On Steam, the new store page is two thirds blank starry space, with only the middle third containing the offers. It boggles my mind that I have to scroll up and down between HP and ISO offers when they would fit perfectly side by side under their respective header images.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope these UI updates also include hit boxe placements on various maps.  It’s been noted countless times that dpvmpq has pins placements are nearly on top of each other and some areas are slightly obscured.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know Steam players are the minority, but can we get a little love in regards of separate UI updates to mobile please.
    On Steam, the new store page is two thirds blank starry space, with only the middle third containing the offers. It boggles my mind that I have to scroll up and down between HP and ISO offers when they would fit perfectly side by side under their respective header images.
    Wanna bet every UI change they make will look awful on Steam? This does not bode well so far.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    Wanna bet every UI change they make will look awful on Steam? This does not bode well so far.
    This is basically exactly what they did to shoehorn supports in.

It isn't anything new. It's an extension of what they've already done, and they aren't unringing that bell anytime soon, if ever.