Class Of XXXX pvp

Steve111
Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
Wouldn’t it be refreshing if we were restricted to only the toons that came out in the year of these pvp’s, so they are not a never ending sea of Bishops . 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Please think of new players. They won't be able to play PvP at all.
  • Supravenbull
    Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I would agree with this. As for new players it's not too different from not being able to play required character nodes in pve or dpd. Every player as been there at the start where they've locked out of nodes or events early on for not having an expanded roster. That's the goal of the game, expand your roster so you can compete in all aspects of the game
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Yes I hear you. But a great concept for having these pvp’s will, in all likelihood, be ruined because everyone who can will be running Bishop based teams. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Class of PvPs would actually make fun LRs. Lock other characters or super boost just the given year group. No one can get too mad because they're just LRs, and you can cycle through each year pretty quick.,
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would agree with this. As for new players it's not too different from not being able to play required character nodes in pve or dpd. Every player as been there at the start where they've locked out of nodes or events early on for not having an expanded roster. That's the goal of the game, expand your roster so you can compete in all aspects of the game
    Players can still compete in pve though despite not having a required character. If you require characters in pvp then you're essentially completely locking newer players out of an entire event. I dealt with this last year on my backup account for Combined Arms because since that account didn't have a 4* rostered yet, only 2s and a few 3s, I was unable to play that event at all which I thought was really dumb. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn’t see the team until I hit 500, then I got to 575 easily doubling a gritty team for 75 who didn’t have a bishop. Those teams are like cakes now without bishop. They have done a good job offering options for gritty. Now we just need one for bishop.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would would say no to locking the characters for just the class of XXXX.  This would make PVP all 3* teams and all 4* teams.  You would see almost no one hit 1200 points but rather everyone going for 75 wins.  I remember when the game had no shields and one time slice and the brutality of the last hour of a PVP event.  No thank you
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I'm really stunned by the devs decisions on these events. 

1: variety is undeniably good for the game.
    2: it's off-season, so there's no good reason to super care about rewards
    3: *every* event offers loaners for people who don't have the required character. To make it plural is not hard or unreasonable.

Why are these events not strictly limited to characters of the given class?  It's like someone had a weird, kinda clever idea, and everyone else said "yeah, but we could neuter your idea and pretend the end result still has merit!"

These events are going to be garbage, and everyone will forget them the moment they're over, because they're completely indistinguishable from the simulator- except in length.  

There was a real chance of having a trio of weird and by default potentially interesting events roll out.  Instead, just nah.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic PVPs, I guess?

They have never run those that I recall. 

Hence making three of them would have required significant development work while also working on new Anniversary events. 

I’m not surprised we are getting these reruns instead. We can all take it easy....
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Pie on my face if I'm wrong, but I expect nothing new from the devs during the anniversary other than a class of 2019 pvp. We'll get some vault tied to another rerun event, a bundle mega $ offer, and that'll be it. 

Oh and some new limited character that only whales can finish during it. Cause nothing screams celebration more than a character that you have access to once a year.
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2019
    I disagree. They should've collected most, if not all, of the 1/2* and they can use almost every 1* (Spidey is the exception) and most of the 2*.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

Cause nothing screams celebration more than a character that you have access to once a year.

Excellent use of sarcasm: A+

Thanks for the chuckle, I needed one today!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    The power team of Devil Dinosaur, Nick Fury and Psylocke sky-rocketed me to a 115th place finish in my bracket for Class of 2014 at 73 points (my best placement in over a season).

Say hello to the new meta team, everybody!   (...by which I mean, off season PVP is hysterical)