X Force Deadpool X-Enforcer/Dazzler stun bug

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
ive been enjoying boosted Dazzler in these last few PvP, and I just encountered an order of operations bug: I’d triggered a bunch of X-Enforcer tiles on my previous turn, and after the first one decrimented to 1 on the next enemy turn, Dazzler stunned XFDP like you’d expect. However the enforcer tiles kept counting down and killed Dazzler after that. I would expect the stun to halt his tiles from going off, but it doesn’t seem to re-check for status in this case. 

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    ive been enjoying boosted Dazzler in these last few PvP, and I just encountered an order of operations bug: I’d triggered a bunch of X-Enforcer tiles on my previous turn, and after the first one decrimented to 1 on the next enemy turn, Dazzler stunned XFDP like you’d expect. However the enforcer tiles kept counting down and killed Dazzler after that. I would expect the stun to halt his tiles from going off, but it doesn’t seem to re-check for status in this case. 
    This is intended behavior since Batteryman (3* Iron Man).  Once any countdown tile starts, all countdowns for that character will decrement regardless of status (death not included).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure that situation is 1:1 here. I'm trying to think of another scenario where this could be engineered as a test. I guess via Coulson or Kingpin maybe vs a Bishop? 

In the IM40 example, that's a self-stun where you want that to be the result. The whole point of Dazzler's reactionary stun should be to interrupt an offensive sequence scenario, lest what's the point of it?
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    You might be able to test it with anyone that puts down multiple countdowns that will resolve at the same time and 5* Thanos.  Set it up so that one of the countdowns kills an opponent, Thanos triggers and does AoE + stun.  Then see if the rest of the countdowns go off...
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm that it does happen elsewhere. I had this issue with environment tiles stunning goons and their countdowns still decrementing.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I believe the issue you have is that order of operations already checked to see which countdown tiles will fire and that happens before the Dazzler stun so even though he was stunned after the first tile, the other tiles have already fired in the game's mechanics.  I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but that is how they coded the game.  You have to remember when the core game mechanics were created, there were not all of these unique passive powers that would be firing and stunning characters when it wasn't your turn, etc.