Frustrating

eddidit
eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
That last cover is so elusive and I'm trying hard to resist using up 5 covers to champ him

Comments

• eddidit

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Do it. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What level is your Mystique? She gives a purple Iceman cover at level 223.
  • eddidit
    What level is your Mystique? She gives a purple Iceman cover at level 223.
    237 so no luck there either 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Don't do it. Those 9 champ levels are better than cashing it down to 4 covers. He's good, but he's even better with 9 bonus covers first.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try asking yourself these questions:

1) How game changing will he be to your gameplay if you were to champ him now vs not champing him now? 

2) If you were to champ him now, how long do you think you will enjoy using him before replacing him with another character?

3) Champing him will probably cut your iso-8 by half (my guess). Are there any other characters who need these iso-8 more than Iceman?

You got his meta stun at five covers, so that's a good thing.

On a side note, has the HfH store that appears for 12 covers 4* been put out of existence?

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Dont do it, I had the exact same thing with Sabretooth and G4mora, then randomly pulled the last cover out of a heroic token of all things (and a lucky bh for sabre), and now they jumped queue, and are my highest 4*s. I totally understand the frustration, but it will be so sweet to get all those champ levels!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    BH him and pull
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

1) How game changing will he be to your gameplay if you were to champ him now vs not champing him now? 

2) If you were to champ him now, how long do you think you will enjoy using him before replacing him with another character?

3) Champing him will probably cut your iso-8 by half (my guess). Are there any other characters who need these iso-8 more than Iceman?

On a side note, has the HfH store that appears for 12 covers 4* been put out of existence?

The “save a cover” HfH seems to still exist from the last report I heard. You do need to hold a cover on the vine (I think) and might need to wait a few days or so. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

The “save a cover” HfH seems to still exist from the last report I heard. You do need to hold a cover on the vine (I think) and might need to wait a few days or so. 
    Didnt know this was a thing.  I mightve just turned a blind eye to it, but ive had Valkyrie in that state for longer than i remember.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I just assumed it went away with saved covers, but honestly
    hadn’t either asked or checked myself.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just start a second Mystique, you’ll get there in about a month and a half. I did the same thing to finish a drax a little while ago since he was my last fed 4* without a champable cover spread
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just start a second Mystique, you’ll get there in about a month and a half. I did the same thing to finish a drax a little while ago since he was my last fed 4* without a champable cover spread
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Worst case scenario he gets the 4* organically and has a dupe Mystique.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I'm in an odd position for valkyrie to 5* thor. I will get thor done sooner if I start a new valkyrie instead of pouring champ levels onto my 287 valk. But just cannot mentally bring myself to start a new valkyrie.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Valk is golden. A little off-topic here but one of my long-term ideas is to build a x/5/5 Valk and leave her at level 70. Only takes giving 1362 damage to gen 4 of your strongest AP and getting 633 damage to create 2 Yellow strikes. She’d be squishy as all get out but quite the battery-with either 4* Rocket or the right supports on the right characters the AP gain would be insane.