Gwen Prix secret popularity contest

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
It just occurred to me what is Gwen Prix 4 :star: options decided the next feeder.

Riri or Magik was the choice. What if our collective choice was what decided the Anniversary feeder? 

Now that I thought it, I'm becoming paranoid it was all a secret popular contest. 

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I choose Magik because she had the higher probability of being a better feeder.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Magik seems to a popular choice here. 

A feeder for Kitty Pryde please!

Choosing Riri will probably give us P.P.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Took Magic also.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only picked Magik because I needed the cover since dilution is worse than Talos.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I choose Magik as I needed just one more cover to champ her (which I failed in getting, so as is it turns out...yeah, lol!). Riri is an excellent 4* though but already champed.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I chose Magik as I'm still trying to get her fully covered.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    I think it's a safe bet that Magik was the most popular choice given shr is more likely not to be finished by the majority of players.

That said, I chose RiRi cause it took her to 349 whereas my Magik would only have leveled to 272.

Though I seriously doubt this is some secret popularity contest, but stranger things have happened.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I chose Riri because the champ level I got from here was a Legendary Token, whereas the champ level I would've gotten from Magik was just some worthless ISO
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's a safe bet that Magik was the most popular choice given shr is more likely not to be finished by the majority of players.

On the other hand, riri's been out for a long time and that means a lot of free 5* covers for vets.  Methinks they don't really like giving away free covers... Also, who would she feed?  
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

On the other hand, riri's been out for a long time and that means a lot of free 5* covers for vets.  Methinks they don't really like giving away free covers... Also, who would she feed?  

Of course, but devs have done it before. Pepper would be the obvious candidate for a feeder. Going by the "linkage theory" she's a mantle taker like Winter Soldier. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be a weird thing to do, considering the many different reasons people might have for choosing one node over the other. I mean, I only picked Riri because I have her at a higher level, but I can see someone else picking Magik for the exact opposite reason, and neither one of those reasons has to do with which character either of us like more.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Riri was a nothing champ level for me, and Magik was at 4/4/4, so I went with Magik. If this were the "point" of this choice, this is data without context for sure.

Data without context about your sample pool leads to things like this:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49607061

TL;DR if you don't want to click through: this article says that 20% of people in Brittain don't use the internet. But that statistic was pulled from a sample size of 2,000 mostly old people, and the real number is more like 7%. If you click through to the actual survey results, it even says: "Almost everyone under the age of 50 uses the Internet"
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Of course, but devs have done it before. Pepper would be the obvious candidate for a feeder. Going by the "linkage theory" she's a mantle taker like Winter Soldier. 
    Doh totally forgot Rescue exists, my bad  :D
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I picked Magik because her Champ reward was a LT; Riri's was just some HPs
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I chose Magik because she isn't champed yet for me 2/11/7 currently, and i will not trade in lol. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I chose riri as I've not champed her yet
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    I chose Magik because she isn't champed yet for me 2/11/7 currently, and i will not trade in lol. 
    But did you get that 3rd top cover or was it another saved champ level?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting thought.  I went with Riri because it got me a LT.  I would assume Riri would feed Rescue as several have said.

I guess Magik for Kitty.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    I chose Magik, because my Riri is a farm clone.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I chose Riri as Magik was already at 13 covers.