Gwen Prix Should be All at Once and Daily + Other Comments

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
While any new content is very much appreciated, I'd like to make a couple suggestions.  Please chime in before this gets turfed to the suggestions page.

1) New content is great, but the rewards are sub-par for a node a day type event.  If all 5 (x2) fan-fics were released at the same time, and refreshed daily, this would be an excellent QoL improvement with the current run's rewards.

2) Scaling should ramp up a bit more gradually.  My roster had no problem with any of the fights.  And having roster based scaling is nice (my son actually completed all the nodes!), but starting off with my roster against level 370 team for a single 2* cover is ridiculous.

3) Replace heroic or elite tokens with a limited vault that resets once a week.  I chose the tokens every time since I am post-iso. Both tokens gave me 2*s.  Pulling nothing but 2s when I've been in 5* land feels disappointing.  Since the draw rates for 3/4*s are so deplorable in standard tokens, having a vault helps mitigate that.  Even 3s are only for the farm, but at least those give better rewards than endlessly cycling my 2*s.

4)  One of the nodes should feature Iso or Hero Points.  This helps everybody depending on what they need.

5) Maybe this one is silly, but it should refresh at the same time as DDQ.  I admit that I almost forgot about the GP node a couple times because I'm not trained for DDQ-ish refreshes at noon EST.

Any other thoughts, or am I way off base here?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing wrong with any of your suggestions per-se but the cynical part of me thinks that we have had quite a lot of new content this year (2 new pve, 1 new PvP not related to a character release, alternative DDQ node, the Cinema Showdowns thing AND a new Boss event) compared to most (and it isn't even Anniversary yet) and so we might be best not pushing our luck too much...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I'd be on board with all of that.  I just don't see them being that generous.  I think the best we could hope for would just to get a run with every crash of the Titans reset.  And I even doubt we'll get that.   Probably a cool event that will rarely be seen again like Mad Titan.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    I will be happy if they just put it into regular rotation, changing every five days.
    The only thing I agree with in the OP is it would be nice to have an iso/hp node instead of one of the elite/iso nodes.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realistically speaking, point 1 will never happen as of now because historically speaking, free 4* cover is usually gained at the last day of event like this. Your suggestion would allow almost all players to gain 10 4* covers in 5 days, if I interpret it correctly. That is an increment of 1000%. The chance of that happening is virtually zero.  :o

I think running this along boss events or special celebration would be more likely to happen. Running along DDQ will be a sweet bonus.

These are the total rewards for 5 nodes:
    1. 5000 Iso-8 + either 2 Elite or 2000 Iso-8
    2. Two Heroic Tokens
    3. One 2*, 3* and  4* character cover of your choice

For such a low effort, non-timed and zero character restriction event, I thought the rewards are pretty generous, if you are looking at the big picture. 

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think your request for increased resources is completely off. Maybe dropping in some HP  or a single CP across the entire 5-days, but a guaranteed 4-star cover every day is just never going to happen. I don't see it changing much from the "2 nodes a day" setup.

I'd be down with some tweaks to the scaling, maybe ramping it up, not really sure. It didn't feel too hard for the difficulty, but they did feel a little wonky. Hard to say exactly why after only a single run.

And if it becomes a regular thing, there's no reason it shouldn't start/end at the same time as DDQ just to make things more organized.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're getting 1 3* cover/day guaranteed from DDQ already, there are 47 3*s in the game. 3* bonus heroes are pretty reliable, you can chase them on purpose if you want to pretty quickly. 

Including Worthy Cap and Limited characters, there are 89-ish 4*s in the game. *3 colors each (assuming ideal color drops), you need 267 covers to get the tier champable. Even if you get all those covers, going from lvl 70 to 270 takes about 370k iso per character to just champ them. The economy is ready for an influx of 4* covers.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    We're getting 1 3* cover/day guaranteed from DDQ already, there are 47 3*s in the game. 3* bonus heroes are pretty reliable, you can chase them on purpose if you want to pretty quickly. 

Including Worthy Cap and Limited characters, there are 89-ish 4*s in the game. *3 colors each (assuming ideal color drops), you need 267 covers to get the tier champable. Even if you get all those covers, going from lvl 70 to 270 takes about 370k iso per character to just champ them. The economy is ready for an influx of 4* covers.
    Your math is way off.  267 4* covers with getting proper color distributions gets you 89 1/1/1 4* characters, not champable ones.  You need 13 covers each so to get 89 4*'s to a champable level without getting any saved covers would take 1157 covers to be able to champ the tier.  Obviously you won't get a perfect distribution so in reality it would take a lot more than that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let’s face it. Future runs will probably have reduced rewards if history is any guide. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:

Your math is way off.  267 4* covers with getting proper color distributions gets you 89 1/1/1 4* characters, not champable ones.  You need 13 covers each so to get 89 4*'s to a champable level without getting any saved covers would take 1157 covers to be able to champ the tier.  Obviously you won't get a perfect distribution so in reality it would take a lot more than that.
    Regardless of the math, let's put this in a slightly different perspective.

I already earn at least one 4* a day due to champ rewards, progression rewards, PVP, and RNG.  One more is not going to tip me in any perceptible way.  It will, however, actually make me feel like my roster is progressing.  I've gotten 6 2* Bullseyes in the last 24 hours.  That does not feel like progressing.

And to the point of how long it would take...  Yes, it would take 89+ days (add 2 days more for every eight weeks on a 4/4/5 release schedule), but keep in mind that the choice component was lacking in your math.  Two different 4s are offered, but only one can be chosen.  If the choices stay consistently paired, which they probably won't because the onslaught of new 4* releases relentlessly continues, it will take a little longer than half as long to cycle through.  

I like this because it doesn't necessarily make you roster both if you already had one.  My son asked me yesterday which one he should choose.  My very first question was, "Do you have one of them already rostered?"  When he said no, I told him to get Riri.  If he had already had Magik, I would have said her.  Either way, he can build up his choice of character in twice the time.  Twice the time is still once every month and a half (and counting).  This doesn't seem over-generous to me at all.  It might actually increase his engagement.  He tells me that the biggest thing that keeps him from playing more is that he very frequently doesn't have the required characters for PVE.  This proposed daily reward mechanism would at least give him the option of deleting an unrequired 4* and rostering one that is essential.  A single cover is a massive difference in rewards at his tier.

This proposal of mine does not flood the market as the average non-spender won't have the HP resources to roster a new character every single day.  It will give them the option to spend, or to convert the cover into iso.  It may actually increase spending on HP.  Then again, I'm no economist.  I just know that I've been an avid player of this game for almost 6 years and any reward increase benefits all of us and not at the expense of the company.  SHIELD training didn't reduce my spending.  4*s in PVE progression didn't reduce my spending.  What reduced my spending was becoming post-iso.  VIP rewards are half-useless now.  So why pay for it?  Another road towards greater rewards will only increase my desire to support the company.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I love being able to choose a specific 4*.

As suggested: All the other rewards (&nodes) could go away. Make the gwen 4* choosable node happen daily in DDQ and everyone‘s happy (except one person here in the boards, who will love the current implementation).
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    It 100% without a doubt time for a daily 4* node. There is no arguing against that, it's just a reality of the 4* tier and how bloated it has become.

Given that all the other rewards are pretty weak (I wo yu led not change this as the payoff is the 4*), this could easily become a daily thing and would do wonders to reengage player interest.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Personally I would be fine if it opened up all nodes at once, but still lasted the 5 days, OR if it was still one node per day, but the event remained open for an additional 24 hours.

I did the first 4 nodes just fine, but got really busy on the final day, and could barely get the rest of my MPQ obligations in (900 in the R&G PvP, only did a few DDQ nodes and missed the first 2 subs in The Hunt). And since Gwen Prix is totally new, I forgot about it until a couple of hours after it ended today and missed my Magik cover! Give us extra time to get our prizes, especially when these events fall in the middle of the work week!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:

Your math is way off.  
    Lol, yeah, that math was embarrassing.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I like the idea of running this weekly or alongside DDQ, but with all nodes open on day 1 for maximum flexibility.  I like the idea of mixing in other prizes, maybe week 1 is prize structure we just saw, week 2 has CP or HP reward choices and week 3 has riso or support choices, then repeat?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I liked the event and the OP's suggestions to make it better. I'd like to see it run again. Include HP choice in rewards. Roster scaling is fine, just scale the rewards too if possible. I'd like to see subsequent chapters for all the fanfics but that's just a personal preference.