Basilica Spiderham Boss Reward

Bubba3210
Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
I loved the surprise spiderham cover for one of the boss fights in round eight. I hope this pattern continues for other bosses.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s hard coded into this event same way Webb wonder means duck cover on last day.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bubba3210 said:
    I loved the surprise spiderham cover for one of the boss fights in round eight. I hope this pattern continues for other bosses.
    He was set up that way on the first run. I assume (?) this the the only way we will get covers for him besides bundles moving forwards. 

When he was introduced, we were told he would be Limited like Howard - aka a somewhat regular schedule providing a cover through play. 

I hope they run this event a little more frequently than some other boss events so we can keep getting Ham covers. 

I just don’t think this will be a pattern for other boss events (especially existing ones).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Bubba3210 said:
    He was set up that way on the first run. I assume (?) this the the only way we will get covers for him besides bundles moving forwards. 

When he was introduced, we were told he would be Limited like Howard - aka a somewhat regular schedule providing a cover through play. 

I hope they run this event a little more frequently than some other boss events so we can keep getting Ham covers. 

I just don’t think this will be a pattern for other boss events (especially existing ones).
    I'd rather see them add more boss nodes to regular events and then have that node give out a Taskmaster or Spiderham cover. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making a character limited is just another way of saying you'll never use them. Then again, that description fits a lot of the roster, so it is what it is, I guess. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance will never get this cover...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance will never get this cover...
    Move to a stronger alliance. Or recruit more active players. There is a recruiting section on the forums. Won't help you today, but next event...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    We had a ton of inactive players who were commanders in my old alliance, so a few of us broke away and started a new one. Fast forward a year and a half or so, and we now do really well. Great participation in events, meaning that we now get up to rank 8 in a lot of boss events. We don’t always finish it yet, but we keep getting there.

It is worth doing, for sure
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the random Spider Ham cover, but it was a blue one.  My 3/3/5 Spider Ham didn't need it at all.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine was purple which is OK although I really need yellow as he is now at 1/3/4.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a purple as well, but would have preferred either of the others since he's now at 3/5/3. Not like it really matters, but still.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I hope devs can also include taskmaster covers into one of the new pve events in the future.. He was left behind in terms of availability as limited character.. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    CHRISJN said:
    I hope devs can also include taskmaster covers into one of the new pve events in the future.. He was left behind in terms of availability as limited character.. 
    The devs announced shortly after he was released that he would be an Anniversary character only.  Although they did have him as a progression reward at the holiday 12 days event, if I recall.