Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#209:Gwenpool Daily Quest

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Here's how I see the Superhero Showdown going down:
     The Living Monolith enters the whatever-this-is arena to do battle with Beetle's power armor suit.  It's a pitched battle, but in the end the cosmic energy blasts are just too much for the power armor suit.  As a blast of energy removed the armor's helmet, the Living Monolith is shocked into two realizations:
    1) under the Beetle persona, Abner Jenkins is a villain and therefore a dirty cheater and
    2) Beetle also apparently saw the first Superhero Showdown and realized how much people will vote for "robots" to annoy Craig, so he apparently decided to pull his own version of the Xzibit meme by putting a robot in his power armor suit

Out of the armor emerges a Mark I Sentinel, having already acquired the mutant powers of Sunspot, Professor X and the mutant members of Freedom Force.  Under the established history of the Superhero Showdown, the Living Monolith, as a mutant, has literally no chance against the Sentinel, who not only acquires all the knowledge that comes with being an Egyptologist with a Ph.D. in archaeology, but also wins the fight.

A victory for the Beetle, although he'll need to create a whole new suit of armor after this fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Synergy Segment, I'll put forth the following team:
    -5* Kitty Pride (5/x/x - mine needs a lot of covers & I'm a 4* player, so I'm not sure I can speak to the best build)    
    -4* Magik (I run her 3/5/5, although 4/4/5 could be an Ian-build to maximize potential special tile creation) 
    -4* X-23 (5/5/3 - Magik's purple is better here and even with a champed Kitty X-23 still heals off of green matches)

Not only is this an all X-Men team in mostly matching uniforms, but all three are tile-generators to allow Kitty to do her thing.  It's more effective on PVE wave nodes due to being a slow-starting team, but as the special tiles build up it can get dangerous pretty quickly.  Running Lockheed on Kitty lets you start the tile-buffing immediately since you get a protect for all three X-Men, which can quickly negate match damage and over time most other non-nuke damage.  Kitty's purple and Magik's red allow you to deal with enemy special tiles, but a mass tile theft like 3* Loki's black can REALLY wreck you as an AI team-up taught me recently.  Otherwise, it's a fun little thematic team.

• TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Ray.....my name is pronounced 'DeeJay', not 'Day-Jah.'  You had it right for a second there, then corrected yourself!  Every time you say Day-Jah you set what's left on my teeth on edge!