Is Bonus Heroes enough?

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Classic legendary tokens being added to the game could solve so many of these issues. 
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Which would be evil genius on their level. Giving people something that they asked for, then also limiting how many more pulls you get from the Latest. They could introduce this change while also introducing 5* Mr Fantastic (The Maker) because of how diabolical it would be.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, I can barely cover latest for as much as I play. Losing CP would make it even tougher and then we're faced with 5* dilution in classics.

Only way I could tolerate such a thing is if the odds for 5s in classics were increased or a streak breaker were introduced.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    If it takes almost a year for a 5 star bonus hero to actually show up, then no its not enough. I don't understand how they can call it a good feature if it happens every once in a blue moon.

5 stars should also have a 1/1 exchange rate due to the horrible state of dilution and 4 stars should be reduced to 3 and not 5. 

Or introduce a trade store where you could exchange saved covers for a cover in the store that you want. I have 16 saved covers for War Machine right now and would like to trade some of those in for some Juggernaut covers. Also, newly acquired covers could be converted into "trade covers" to use in the store. 4* covers for 4* covers, 5s for 5s.
    This. I just Champed Winter Soldier, not because I really wanted to but because what else am I gonna do with the saved covers? It was nice to get a couple of LT's but I would have swapped that for progress in a character I am interested in a heartbeat.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Being able to trade saved covers is an interesting idea.  I also agree that cover swaps for 4* and 5* is way out of line with the current state of dilution for those tiers.  I think 1:1 is appropriate for 5*, I mean that's what CS swaps used to be.  Given the current bloat of the 4* tier, it don't think it's out of line for 2:1 cover swaps either.  Is it really a detriment to the game at this point to give people with horrendous luck on character builds a chance to champ a couple more of their 80+ 4*s?  To be able to champ the characters they want instead of just the characters they get lucky to have built evenly?  I had to build my 4* rocket to 6/2/7 before cover swapping to champ him.  He was barely usable because his best power was the last to get built, and it was a kick in the gut to have to bonus hero extra covers just to do a cover swap when there are so many other 4* covers that need collecting.

I'd also be interested in a feature where you could "turn off" certain characters to prevent opening them. If the computer was going to give you that certain character it would basically "reroll" the RNG for you and give you something different. For balance purposes I'm not sure what the restrictions would have to be for a feature like that... Maybe only once they are at 13 covers, champed or not? Maybe only for champed characters or characters that already have at least 1 saved cover regardless of level and build?

Going back to my points and vhailorx's point in the original post, this could really help players building the 4* tier to get them to that usable point compared to the rest of their roster by limiting opening characters that no longer have utility.

Pulling covers you don't want - or worse literally can't use - sucks the fun right out of opening tokens.  I don't mind putting champ levels on my 4* champs but given the option I would opt for covers of other characters I don't have built yet.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    Classic legendary tokens being added to the game could solve so many of these issues. 
    I would settle for rewards of latest legends, everywhere they are given, being changed to 25 cp. Let the players choose where to spend the high end resource. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Theghouse said:

I'd also be interested in a feature where you could "turn off" certain characters to prevent opening them. If the computer was going to give you that certain character it would basically "reroll" the RNG for you and give you something different.
    A modest proposal: if 100% of players deselect a character, it (Talos) gets removed from the game.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theghouse said:

I'd also be interested in a feature where you could "turn off" certain characters to prevent opening them. If the computer was going to give you that certain character it would basically "reroll" the RNG for you and give you something different.
    A modest proposal: if 100% of players deselect a character, it (Talos) gets removed from the game.
    Dont forget 5* wasp.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    shardwick said:
    If it takes almost a year for a 5 star bonus hero to actually show up, then no its not enough. I don't understand how they can call it a good feature if it happens every once in a blue moon.

5 stars should also have a 1/1 exchange rate due to the horrible state of dilution and 4 stars should be reduced to 3 and not 5. 

Or introduce a trade store where you could exchange saved covers for a cover in the store that you want. I have 16 saved covers for War Machine right now and would like to trade some of those in for some Juggernaut covers. Also, newly acquired covers could be converted into "trade covers" to use in the store. 4* covers for 4* covers, 5s for 5s.
    This. I just Champed Winter Soldier, not because I really wanted to but because what else am I gonna do with the saved covers? It was nice to get a couple of LT's but I would have swapped that for progress in a character I am interested in a heartbeat.
    I have 11 saved covers for Winter Soldier. I suspect that he'll get up to 50+ before I pull the trigger, no pun intended. Ok maybe a little. Honestly at this point champing 4s that I don't care about is pretty low on my list. I'd rather spend the iso on farming my 2s and 3s.