No more 3Doom costume in VIP

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Stealthily snuck into the VIP plan yesterday was a new costume for 3* Doctor Doom.  It replaces the 5* Doc Ock costume as a Day 1 reward.

So, good news for people tired of getting dupe Dock Ocks....and bad news for people enjoying the dupe Doc Ocks (no free 500 HP this time).

No other VIP reward changes are apparent, so people who aren't current members can decide whether this makes a difference to them.

To those wondering, DoomWar was a 2010 miniseries focused on Doom overthrowing the Wakandan royal family.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it added some fur to his collar and spikes on his shoulders? Pretty good looking costume, but won't make me spend 10 dollars for a month of vip.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I was buying VIP already but if I wasn't I would to get a new Doom costume.  Now I just want more chances to get 5* Doom covers....
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do spend on VIP, mostly because I think any game that gives me this much entertainment each and every month deserves a subscription of some sort. So, this is nice. 

I don't play LRs much now that I'm post-iso, so I forget.... Is he one of the LR characters? A new costume for a LR character means a lot of visibility. I like it. 
  • bluewolf
    Borstock said:
    I do spend on VIP, mostly because I think any game that gives me this much entertainment each and every month deserves a subscription of some sort. So, this is nice. 

I don't play LRs much now that I'm post-iso, so I forget.... Is he one of the LR characters? A new costume for a LR character means a lot of visibility. I like it. 
    Yeah, every 3rd week they run the Villains, and he's one of the 5.  I think they just finished them this week, so we have two weeks of the Heroes next.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is everybody checked out?  It’s funny that this new costume drops and there is nothing posted about it.  
  • Borstock
    I'm sure we'll get something Monday. We probably ran into a couple of vacation hiccups with that long weekend. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Borstock said:

Yeah, every 3rd week they run the Villains, and he's one of the 5.  I think they just finished them this week, so we have two weeks of the Heroes next.
    I've kind of stopped paying attention to LRs for the same reason Borstock mentioned (though probably should play them for the tokens), but I thought that they always just alternated weeks. One week with Heroes (Cap, IM40, Gamora, Punisher, Daredevil), one week with Villains (Doom, Mags, Rags, Mystique, Loki).
  • Borstock
    Borstock said:
    I'm sure we'll get something Monday. We probably ran into a couple of vacation hiccups with that long weekend. 
    This post aged well. 
  • bluewolf
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:
    This post aged well. 
    Tomorrow!  Maybe!  Today was National Teddy Bear Day, maybe the team was too busy snuggling theirs to post information about a VIP update.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    No announcement for this costume, just like Quicksilver before this one. Not even an in-game preview when you look at your rostered 3* Doom... that's been overlooked for 2-3 data push updates now I think. This is no sign for things to come I hope...  :|
  • bluewolf
    StevO-J said:
    No announcement for this costume, just like Quicksilver before this one. Not even an in-game preview when you look at your rostered 3* Doom... that's been overlooked for 2-3 data push updates now I think. This is no sign for things to come I hope...  :|
    DOOM is coming for the game?

And yes, people are getting it as they renew or buy VIP.  I still can't preview it either.
  • bluewolf
    At some point recently the costume was removed from VIP. I just restarted my cycle and didn’t get the HP, and it’s no longer promoted if you aren’t a member. 

So after almost a year, apparently, a costume is not included in VIP anymore. 
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    As I extended my last VIP I was really thinking about not doing so (because unhappy with quite some things in our game) but the 500 extra HP from dublicate costume made me feel it was still worth and purchased. Lets talk again next month.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    So the stinginess gets more stingy. Smart strategy pulling back rewards for what amounts to a monthly subscription service.