What does 574 CP get you in the classic store...

After much deliberation I decided I’m still firmly a 4* player and didn’t need to chase new 5* characters when they come out. So with that in mind, I set my BH to 4*Juggs and decided to hit the Classic store. Here are the results in the order I pulled them -

5-G-Daredevil 
4-Y-Luke Cage
4-Blue-Magik  
5-Blue-Archangel
5-Blue-Kingpin
4-Y-Rogue
4-P-X23
4-P-Jubilee
4-G-Namor
4-G-Blade
4-Black-DP X-Force
4-Black-Vulture
5-G-Ghost Rider
5-R-Hela
4-Black-Gamora
4-P-Moonknight
4-Y-Mr.Fantastic
4-R-Rogue
4-P-Black Cat
4-P-Black Cat
4-Blue-Ant-Man
5-P-Dr. Strange
4-R-Spider-Man IW
4-Y-Invisible Woman
5-Black-Silver Surfer
5-R-Ghost Rider
4-G-Spider-Man IW
5-R-Phoenix 

Pretty good haul I thought, it surprised me how many 5’s I pulled including a much needed Dr. Strange and Hela meaning that they are both only 1 x cover from being complete. Sadly no Juggernaut but you can’t win em all. 

Comments

• Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2019
    I thought Juggs wasn't in the Classics yet?

EDIT: Oh wait, as a BH, okay.  Disregard.  I am stupid.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Juggs wasn't in the Classics yet?

EDIT: Oh wait, as a BH, okay.  Disregard.  I am stupid.
    But....he IS in tokens already. Heroics, Classics, Latests, maybe the occasional PvP or new release token....could even show up in DDQ and PVE vaults. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    9/28 or 32% pull rate for 5*’s and none were Wasp? I want your luck...
  • bluewolf
    It's interesting.....given that the pulls are predetermined and everything, I think of your pulls from Latest and Classic as one very long sequence of events that looks very different depending on how you slice it (like many things in life).

Sometimes you have a cluster of 5's - maybe in a row, as OP did.  Or 3!  It's happened to me.

Yet I've gone 0/28 (and more) and 0/24-ish enough times to know that this could have been a very different post.

I certainly hope the OP's luck holds up....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I"ve been on a really hot hot streak in latest myself, i'm waiting for that 0/50 equalizer karma to strike lol. Since Rescue landed, I've been 20% in latest, but at one point I was up around 30%.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited September 2019
    After much deliberation I decided I’m still firmly a 4* player and didn’t need to chase new 5* characters when they come out. 
    I thoroughly enjoy being a 4-star player except for the fact that scoring T1 (T5 is possible) in PVE is pretty much impossible with the 5-star rosters rocking Gritty/Thano5. Do you ever feel annoyed by that fact and feel tempted to jump to 5-star land? And oh, nice pulls btw, my 4Juggs is only at 3/2/7 so I still have to keep burning LL/CL tokens on him.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Doragon said:
    After much deliberation I decided I’m still firmly a 4* player and didn’t need to chase new 5* characters when they come out. 
    I thoroughly enjoy being a 4-star player except for the fact that scoring T1 (T5 is possible) in PVE is pretty much impossible with the 5-star rosters rocking Gritty/Thano5. Do you ever feel annoyed by that fact and feel tempted to jump to 5-star land? And oh, nice pulls btw, my 4Juggs is only at 3/2/7 so I still have to keep burning LL/CL tokens on him.
    Not really, I stopped worrying about placement in PVE a loooong time ago when the timer system changed. I mainly play PVE for progression these days. One day I’ll make the leap to 5-star land but not yet. I’m pretty happy still rocking a 4-star roster with a bit of 5-star back-up.

Oooh I’m jealous of your Juggernaut, I can’t wait to get him up and running.

I definitely think I was lucky with my pulls this time, however I had a long run of pulling 4’s from the latest store when I was chasing Hela and it definitely feels **** spending 25cp on a 4-star when you’re after a 5!
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I did something similar with my 400 CP once Juggs hit. BH'd him, I don't remember what exactly I pulled but I know my 1/1/1 Juggs went to 2/3/2 (3 BH and 1 reg pull) and I pulled 2 Strange 5s. Was a good run.
  • Doragon
    Not really, I stopped worrying about placement in PVE a loooong time ago when the timer system changed. I mainly play PVE for progression these days. One day I’ll make the leap to 5-star land but not yet. I’m pretty happy still rocking a 4-star roster with a bit of 5-star back-up.

I definitely think I was lucky with my pulls this time, however I had a long run of pulling 4’s from the latest store when I was chasing Hela and it definitely feels tinykitty spending 25cp on a 4-star when you’re after a 5!
    How did the timer system change?

Yeah RNG is a fickle mistress in MPQ, I've Hela at 1/3/5 and Storm at 3/2/3 while I was trying to get a single cover of Iceman. And Juggernaut was a stroke of luck (or bad luck) because I started pulling all his blue covers from tokens after the release event. If I had known how broken he was gonna be at the 4* tier, I might have shield hopped his initial release PVP event. Wrecking SCL7 PVE with him.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Doragon said:

I definitely think I was lucky with my pulls this time, however I had a long run of pulling 4’s from the latest store when I was chasing Hela and it definitely feels tinykitty spending 25cp on a 4-star when you’re after a 5!
    How did the timer system change?

Yeah RNG is a fickle mistress in MPQ, I've Hela at 1/3/5 and Storm at 3/2/3 while I was trying to get a single cover of Iceman. And Juggernaut was a stroke of luck (or bad luck) because I started pulling all his blue covers from tokens after the release event. If I had known how broken he was gonna be at the 4* tier, I might have shield hopped his initial release PVP event. Wrecking SCL7 PVE with him.
    With the old timer system you’d complete a node and the points would reduce immediately, they would then count up again over the next 6 hours until it was worth the full amount.

it just so happened in that system it fitted my play times perfectly so I could always hit the full amount of points and usually finish T10.

How is Juggernaut broken at the 4* tier?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

I wouldn’t call him broken, but he’s very powerful with Grocket (but isn’t everyone?). 

My Grocket at 341 does 3200 strike damage with another Guardian. Let’s tack that on to the 300 AOE Juggs does when he makes a match and call it an even 3.5k. Not including the match-3 damage to the target at 225%, the JugGuardians are doing a cool 10.5k damage total. Passively. Just for making a match. So he will bring a hurting on offense, while on defense his name might as well be “Shrugs”, as he will shrug off 90% match damage, making him hard to take down without a lot of AP. Look at the AP/damage ratio on characters like Blade, Clagger, Quake, Sandman, Jean, Agent Venom, etc. And then look at then damage that JugGotG are doing just matching tiles. There’s some definite power creep. 
  • Doragon
    I wouldn’t call him broken, but he’s very powerful with Grocket (but isn’t everyone?). 

My Grocket at 341 does 3200 strike damage with another Guardian. Let’s tack that on to the 300 AOE Juggs does when he makes a match and call it an even 3.5k. Not including the match-3 damage to the target at 225%, the JugGuardians are doing a cool 10.5k damage total. Passively. Just for making a match. So he will bring a hurting on offense, while on defense his name might as well be “Shrugs”, as he will shrug off 90% match damage, making him hard to take down without a lot of AP. Look at the AP/damage ratio on characters like Blade, Clagger, Quake, Sandman, Jean, Agent Venom, etc. And then look at then damage that JugGotG are doing just matching tiles. There’s some definite power creep. 
    Well, some anti-synergy with Chavez/MEH there.

But yeah he's like a 4* AOE OBW that's tankier. Got a little shocked to see 4Jugg on the final node in Simulator, took me more effort than I care to admit to take him out. Power creep is almost necessary otherwise no one would use the new champs though.
  • bluewolf
    If you think recent people are power-creeping up.....

We get about 16 4's a year, and in one year we will be at #100 at that rate.  How will they make that person matter to you (in terms of someone you want to use)?  Just something to contemplate.

Marvel Passive Quest keeps upping the ante.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is exactly like a 2* widow, but for some reason his passive is by design not benefitting from Wakanda Forever even though OBW does. 
  • Zombionicdoom

That’s crazy isn’t it. Someone like Bl4de used to be so good when he came out, but now just seems pointless when you can do 10.5k just for a single match.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

That’s crazy isn’t it. Someone like Bl4de used to be so good when he came out, but now just seems pointless when you can do 10.5k just for a single match.
    To be fair Blade is still a good character. His green AOe was never his best power. That honor goes to his red. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    If you think recent people are power-creeping up.....

We get about 16 4's a year, and in one year we will be at #100 at that rate.  How will they make that person matter to you (in terms of someone you want to use)?  Just something to contemplate.

Marvel Passive Quest keeps upping the ante.
    For me the idea of power creep is yes and no. At least 2 out of Vulture, Carol, Peggy, or iceman are still probably in almost everyone's top 5.

There are definitely excellent newer 4* characters. But also quite a few stinkers as well.

5* are even more odd. Newer ones often get bigger match damage or health but never come close to dethroning thorkoye or kitty in challenging their meta status.