PVE lock outs on lower levels

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
If I remember correctly, once you were a certain Shield Rank, the lower CL’s we’re locked out.  I remember seeing 1-5 as locked and you could only do 6-9. 

I know that in PVP CL 1-6 are locked, this was due to the Win based rewards V1.  A lot of people were dropping to 6 for these rewards.  

My question is when did this change for PVE?  I have an ally mate that joined CL3.... with a Shield Rank of 180+.  

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    My recollection is that they have never blocked people from playing down in PVE.

PVP is locking out people to keep them from dominating low SCLs.  New tryhard players often bemoan the fact that they can easily dominate low SCLs which are full of casuals and then end up in the top brackets pretty quickly, and no longer able to hoover up the top rewards.

Anyway.....it sucks for your ally mate but it's not new.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    For lower CL, i would like to remove 3e & 4e node rather than locked out.

Without 3e / 4e, lower players will have more chance to compete.

It is desperate & so pity to see 2/3 players with totally effort in optimal full hook STILL LOST to lazy vet who has 4e and did not even hit green in all node.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    fiirst said:
    For lower CL, i would like to remove 3e & 4e node rather than locked out.

Without 3e / 4e, lower players will have more chance to compete.

It is desperate & so pity to see 2/3 players with totally effort in optimal full hook STILL LOST to lazy vet who has 4e and did not even hit green in all node.
    What you are experiencing is pressure from the devs. Every pve has a CP offer for a 5* cover and a vault with the required 4 in it. 

You can’t expect them to not try, at least a little, to sell you the things you need to compete. 

Letting people play down may seem unfair to new people but it’s nice to have pve options as you build your roster.  I firmly support having SCLs open to all in pve. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    The other problem with blocking based on SCL is that SCL doesn't really have any reflection on the players roster. You can have a low SCL with 5* and 4* heavy rosters (not likely but possible) and you can have high SCL players that are slowly progressing their roster so only have 3* and 2* champs (more likely situation).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Rhipf said:
    The other problem with blocking based on SCL is that SCL doesn't really have any reflection on the players roster. You can have a low SCL with 5* and 4* heavy rosters (not likely but possible) and you can have high SCL players that are slowly progressing their roster so only have 3* and 2* champs (more likely situation).
    Yeah, I have a backup account that's a 2* player but it has unlocked scl7 so it can no longer compete against similar players at lower clearance levels in pvp for placement. It's pretty backwards if you think about it. 2* players are being pushed into scl7 in pvp simply for leveling up their 2s. Meanwhile in pve 4* and 5* players are playing at the lowest clearance levels for placement against 1* and 2* players. The game is broken and nothing is being done about it.

Edit. Just looked and my backup can still play on scl5 and 6 though I preferred scl4 since my roster was closer to players at that level. Istand by my comment though that the game is pretty broken at least for pve.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    shardwick said:

Yeah, I have a backup account that's a 2* player but it has unlocked scl7 so it can no longer compete against similar players at lower clearance levels in pvp for placement. It's pretty backwards if you think about it. 2* players are being pushed into scl7 in pvp simply for leveling up their 2s. Meanwhile in pve 4* and 5* players are playing at the lowest clearance levels for placement against 1* and 2* players. The game is broken and nothing is being done about it.
    how come the 2* player reaching SCL7, just curious?

sidenote:
    we will earn ~190XP from leveling up 2s to lv94 & and ~125 XP from 1s with the same activity,
    as there are 8 1s & 13 2s  (normal character)
    we will get ~3500 XP for max all 1s & 2s
    but we need 12500 XP to unlock SCL7

from above, how do 2*s player get another 9000 XP without any 3s champ ?
    (ps we will get ~500XP from leveling 3s to 166)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I suspect he was levelling 1* to hasten his iso-8 gain, which lock him out of SCL 6 sooner than expected. When I was in 3* land with 80% of them champed, I was still playing PvP SCL 6.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    fiirst said:
    shardwick said:

how come the 2* player reaching SCL7, just curious?

sidenote:
    we will earn ~190XP from leveling up 2s to lv94 & and ~125 XP from 1s with the same activity,
    as there are 8 1s & 13 2s  (normal character)
    we will get ~3500 XP for max all 1s & 2s
    but we need 12500 XP to unlock SCL7

from above, how do 2*s player get another 9000 XP without any 3s champ ?
    (ps we will get ~500XP from leveling 3s to 166)
    I have one champed 3, Strange, and like a level 155 Cage but unlocked scl7 mainly by leveling my 1s and 2s. But anyway I just looked at my backup and I can still play in scl5 and 6 in pvp. Could have sworn I could only play in scl7 though but maybe I just had a mind fart.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    My recollection is that they have never blocked people from playing down in PVE.

PVP is locking out people to keep them from dominating low SCLs.  New tryhard players often bemoan the fact that they can easily dominate low SCLs which are full of casuals and then end up in the top brackets pretty quickly, and no longer able to hoover up the top rewards.

Anyway.....it sucks for your ally mate but it's not new.
    Yeah, this is all correct.  For PVE the diminished rewards at lower SCL (and the absence of the 5E node in SCL 1-6) seems to keep players mostly where they “should” be.  While the same would likely be true for normal PVP events, especially as MMR is independent of SCL, the top season rewards in lower SCL are still respectable, so that was probably the driver of lower SCL’s being locked out after you reach a certain level.