Lightning Rounds 2014-5-22 - Daken Lottery Edition

Special alert: All Lightning Round tokens have a 0.80 % chance of drawing 3* Daken (Classic).

Lightning Rounds run for 48 hours beginning Tuesday afternoon and ending Thursday afternoon. All featured heroes receive 50% buffs.

Order (EST) (and loaner cover color)

Black Widow (Grey Suit) - 12 AM and 12 PM

Hulk, The (Indestructible) - 2 PM and 2 AM

Iron Man (Model 40) - 4 PM and 4 AM

Punisher, The (Dark Reign) - 6 PM and 6 AM

Spider-Man (Classic) - 8 PM and 8 AM

Wolverine (Patch) - 10 PM and 10 AM

Progression Awards

025 - 140 ISO
050 - Standard token
100 - 250 ISO
250 - Standard token
500 - 500 ISO

Tournament Rewards

1 - 3. 3 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
3 - 8. 2 Lightning Round Tokens, 500 ISO
9 - 25. 1 Lightning Round Token, 500 ISO
26 - 50. 2 Heroic Tokens, 500 ISO
51 - 100. 1 Heroic Token, 500 ISO
101 - 250. 500 ISO
251 - 500. 250 ISO
501 - 1000. 140 ISO
1001 - 100000. 70 ISO

Comments

• Ghast wrote:
    Special alert: All Courageous tokens have a 0.80 % chance of drawing 3* Daken (Classic).

I'll believe it when I see it! icon_lol.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why am I getting hit for 40+ points when I'm over 300 by someone at 0? This game is getting more and more frustrating by the day. Happened 3 times in the last 10 minutes. Do you guys remember this happening before? Hasn't ever happened to me in LR. Also why are they even hitting me with 10 minutes to go? Not like you're going to get a good placement from 0 with 10 minutes left.
  • mohio wrote:
    Why am I getting hit for 40+ points when I'm over 300 by someone at 0? This game is getting more and more frustrating by the day. Happened 3 times in the last 10 minutes. Do you guys remember this happening before? Hasn't ever happened to me in LR. Also why are they even hitting me with 10 minutes to go? Not like you're going to get a good placement from 0 with 10 minutes left.
    People can't resist high point targets; can't really blame them for taking advantage of rare opportunities.

As far as losing that many points, scoring is probably Hood LR
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    gobstopper wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    People can't resist high point targets; can't really blame them for taking advantage of rare opportunities.

As far as losing that many points, scoring is probably Hood LR
    Yeah, I mean I'd hit that too. But I also wouldn't bother joining an LR with 10 minutes left for just a few hundred iso and a standard token (i.e. 100 iso).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Screw you devs, I'm NOT going to fight only level 212s from the get go.
    I guess time to see if actively losing helps MMR.
  • If you want to lose to me once thatd be great at 242 and I don't want to fight a 212 spiderman for 8 points for a standard token.
  • Please, when you write about times: include a timezone.
    Hulk's LR is on and it's 8 pm here....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chimaera wrote:
    If you want to lose to me once thatd be great at 242 and I don't want to fight a 212 spiderman for 8 points for a standard token.
    Didn't see you, else would have done it.

9 lost fights and 18 dead chars later I'm still looking at the same teams.

But I almost won with the loaner Hulk, 50 CStorm and IM35 lol. Downed OBW and Punisher, Hulk had 4K health left.
  • I stopped tanking in LR weeks ago since they broke it around that Doom Tourney, instead I just take points and take people's tokens when I feel like it and not put in a tank team any longer. Everyone has more fun right?

I got hit my Tinapanda and some guy with an OBW that just started the tourney so no longer at 242 meh. I blame the expanded MMR for that though Hood scoring was a median around 300, 350 and then you start to take massive points hits. Although -40 is quite absurd when you only have 220. Could be anything but its certainly not fun.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Special alert: All Courageous tokens have a 0.80 % chance of drawing 3* Daken (Classic).

If you get the 42-pack, the chances increase to 0.80%!
  • Added in EST in the Order section. I must have clipped it out when I put In the loaner cover bit.
  • I see the tokens are now called Lightning tokens. Does anyone know if someone can open them during future LRs when other characters (villains) are featured?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Narkon wrote:
    I see the tokens are now called Lightning tokens. Does anyone know if someone can open them during future LRs when other characters (villains) are featured?
    But tokens don't change after events anymore so not sure what you mean.
  • locked wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    I see the tokens are now called Lightning tokens. Does anyone know if someone can open them during future LRs when other characters (villains) are featured?
    But tokens don't change after events anymore so not sure what you mean.
    In the past the LR that featured heroes gave Courageous tokens which gave increased chance to drop those heroes. Now the tokens are named "Recruit Token - Lightning Round". So if the name of the tokens is the same for LR who feature heroes and villains, I wonder if they transfer between LRs. I would prefer getting a Hood cover instead of Patch/Pun/... so that would be very convenient. I don't think this is possible considering the changes the devs made to these tokens in the last 3 months, but having a confirmation would be nice.
  • over_clocked
    How could that possibly matter? I distinctly remember getting Punisher and Spidey from the newly nerfed villainous tokens and LT last week from a villainous token too. The percentages are so small that Hero/Villain matters none anymore.
  • mohio wrote:

Yes we do, happened all the time. Doesn't make it any better certainly, certain aspects are **** for long ago. (this one is from around shield intro era and part of forcing them).
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Does this mean that Laken was added to standard tokens as well? ^_^
  • morgh wrote:
    Does this mean that Laken was added to standard tokens as well? ^_^

He is not yet listed as a possible reward for Heroics, so I doubt you can get him from a Standard yet.
  • over_clocked
    Sorry for hitting you, Maestro, but I can't find Kyle in my queue to save my life.
  • For whatever reason, decided to check out the Lightning Rounds to earn some Iso-8. Maybe get some packs or something. Is it better to try to get into the Top 100 and get packs, or just use these to get to a certain point, then just Tank to try to reduce my MMR?