CotT: Ant-Man vs. Jean Grey

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
I couldn't think of a single mildly amusing thing for the title, so I just went with the plain baked potato option.

My champed 5/3/5 Ant-Man didn't have too many problems sending Teen Jean packing. Though her powers are good, they are also expensive and meant for team destruction, and Ant-Man's "cheap and okay" single-damage powers proved superior in this fight. I landed purple pretty early and pumped out quite a few attack tiles, and finished her off with a few damage ticks of Ant-Man's yellow. Poor Jean didn't get a chance to use any powers, and I managed to dodge any match-5's. 
My reward wasn't amazing, but at least it was usable; a green Nebula, bringing her up to 3/5/4. 
How'd your Ant-Man do?

Comments

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    My 0/2/2 ant man had all sorts of problems, but through persistence and a lv 50 chewie, I finally beat teen Jean on the 40th try or so.  All for a purple mordo
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Ant-man Lvl something or other.

On paper this looked tricky, Ms Grey can wipe out specials after all which is mostly Anties gameplay although he can steal hers too. However the actual battle was pretty straight forward, I started with a massive cascade which filled up blue and mostly yellow and I had my yellow ready to go next turn. That started nibbling away at her and so I went after purple, got that and with my strikes on the board her health was disappearing rapidly. She was finished not long after without firing a single power so I never did get to use blue!
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    1/3/1 115 Ant Man beat it, but it was a slog. Denied Green and Purple and won off Purple Trap
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    Easy as, found it a bit drawn out but fun as well. I liked the way they counter each other :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lv 280 4/4/5 Ant-Man pretty much cruised through it.  In fact, it was the first time ever in this CoT that I didn't accidentally cascade into a Match-5.   I fired off each of his powers once while she only fired off her green once (which promptly gifted me her special tiles via Ant Man's blue.  I never got the blue/purple AP to punch her out, but the special tile damage eventually carried the day.

The LT gave a yellow 5* Ice Man with a bonus yellow 5* Wasp, bringing her to 3/1/1 and finally getting her all three powers.  Now on my roster, only 5* Hulk (black), 5* Phoenix (purple), Hela (red) & Kitty (purple/red) are missing powers