A suggestion for those who are fed up and/or not spending money.

Options
13»

Comments

• Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been enjoying Harry Potter, wizards unite more lately, honestly, and have been playing in an entirely free to play manner. 

We will see. I would hope that all three options are available in the future, HP lottery, CP cover purchase and LL store, preferably contemporaneously with them being required. 

I'll give them this test, and then if it becomes established, then I will change my play store rating, and stop thinking about buying VIP memberships/ the occasional bundle. 

We will see. anniversary is coming up, I always get weak with my resolve around anniversary. 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I just tell newbies not to play. If the game stops existing I all of a sudden have more time back in my day to pursue better things. Even just better games.

This Prof$ just gives me pause to reflect. We continue this game out of habit. Chasing new characters that we know we won't play outside of essentials. The game mechanic was never great, has only had marginal improvements. Yet we continue to chase the meta game. Keep collecting, keep going. Why? Digital goods that have no value? This collection will disappear much sooner than I will. In a year or two or three the game may not exist and there won't even be a record of our dedication. And for some reason we can excuse ourselves to spend $2, $20, $200, $2000 on the game and its pursuit to rack up characters... THAT WE WON'T EVEN PLAY.

Shrug the more of these incidents the more I start to realize I'm a stronger swimmer than I thought and the current won't continue to drag me down. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve long surpassed the point of being willing to recommend the game to anyone. 

There needs to be a real sustainable and valid way without the exorbitant time and resource drain to make meaningful progress. For new players, it must feel insurmountable at this point.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Sure, just like they did with Wins Only. A test here, a test there, then made it permanent and then due to backlash by the community they went back to the points only system until they finally went with a hybrid system.
    They never made it permanent.  It was a full season test iirc, nothing set in stone.   Lots of people rely on the wins system.   Without the testing and feedback this hybrid system wouldn't exist.  Just remember that just because you (collective you) don't like something, it doesn't mean someone else won't like it or benefit from it. 
    Not gonna lie... it brought me back into PvP after quitting, albeit still not competitively, but I at least can get the "1000 point" reward now instead of being a "350/575 and out" player.  I just play idly while watching TV or eating dinner.  No need to shield.  No care about placement.  Just play and get the reward.  It's quite possibly the biggest thing they've changed in the last 2-3 years that has had a positive effect on my game play.