New engine vs Bonus heroes UI

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
I was opening part of my standard token stash today, and got a few 3* BH's. I noticed a bit of a weird UI quirk though.

When I opened a token that rewarded me a 3* cover (and thus a bonus hero), I couldn't click on the screen 'normally' to progress to the awarded BH screen; the only way was to click the 'fast forward' button, which then displayed the awarded BH screen for a split second before automatically closing.

Not really the intention I think.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is def an annoying "feature". Even more so because it works the same way with 10-packs (and I would assume 40-packs).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember seeing posts about bonus heroes bugs or missing BH in the past. Could it be a way of ensuring the players that they got bonus hero and this pack opening will pause for them to verify their BH?
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    This glitch is annoying.  I found it especially bad when opening my heroic 10-pack.  There is now way to monitor what you are receiving b/c they flash across the screen so fast.  I found another minor annoyance when opening tokens from a vault.   I had to wait for the animation showing the door open instead of just double-clicking my screen and it showing my reward.
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    That tapping the window - and ignoring the arrow button - would advance the rewards one-at-a-time was non-intuitive. Best would be to have two buttons, one with a single arrow for single-step reward advances and keep the double-arrow button for fast-forwarding through all the rewards.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah some really annoying stuff came with the new engine. Cover art for a cover will flash for me before opening a token. Not being able to single click through a 10 pack. I always liked to take my time even though most of the time I'll get a bunch of 2s anyway. And having to wait for the vault animation to finish is annoying. I mean it would be one thing if it was like the old vault animation that cycled through the different rewards that you could get, even though your reward is predetermined anyway, it always felt like I had influence on getting a vault reward. For a new engine that's all about speeding the game up for the player it's weird that they took away the double tap on the vault.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    Yeah some really annoying stuff came with the new engine. Cover art for a cover will flash for me before opening a token. Not being able to single click through a 10 pack. I always liked to take my time even though most of the time I'll get a bunch of 2s anyway. And having to wait for the vault animation to finish is annoying. I mean it would be one thing if it was like the old vault animation that cycled through the different rewards that you could get, even though your reward is predetermined anyway, it always felt like I had influence on getting a vault reward. For a new engine that's all about speeding the game up for the player it's weird that they took away the double tap on the vault.
    I am really hoping these are simply unintended consequences of the new engine and not something they intentionally "took away".  I want to single tap the 10-pack, or at least be able to see who I collected without going to my cache.  Please fix this