Fblthp (Card) breaks Copy

Options
biopower
biopower Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
Effects that copy a card (such as Stolen Identity) don't appear to work correctly with Fblthp in the deck. Instead of copying the targetted card and putting it into your hand, the copy is moved to the top of the library (and then drawn the turn afterwards, instead of being available immediately).

Comments

• raz
    raz Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2019
    Options
    UPDATE: In  one of my games with Karn and Fibs, I started getting the cards I was exiling with Karn, as soon as the ability resolved instead of the following turn. The only thing I can think of is, There was no Fibs in play or in either hand. My opponent was empty handed and I had just exiled my copy of Fibs. I'll have to see if this is provable. Though without being able to see the opponent's hand, it will be difficult to tell. But I can test if the slow-down stops after there's no way for him to be in hand or in play.

Yes, this happens with Karn as well, using his first ability. At least you still get the mana bonus for the card, but you have to wait a turn to get it (taking up a draw).

This is obviously not related to the planeswalker  Fblthp, but rather the creature card.