Prof X TaT token odds

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know who needs to hear this but:

1/250 and 1/166 are terrible odds.
Before you bankrupt yourself, consider how much more enjoyment you can get for a lot less.

Make sure to feed your family before given into any bad tendencies you might have. You're not going to beat the odds. it's really just not worth it. 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new 5* cost 500 CP.
    Event token usually costs 200HP.
    Based on my conversion 50CP = 5000HP
    A 5* cover cost 500/50*5000= 50000HP
    50,000 / 200 = 250 which is what the odds. Logically, the odds are mathematically equivalent to the value of 525CP. 
    Pulling one specific latest 5* from store cost 525CP.

Since 1:250/166 are terrible odds, what's the maximum odd that the devs should put instead for both. Remember, this is something new. If you want them to improve things, you need to be precise about numbers.

So, what odds should they put instead, assuming one pull is 200HP?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you also need to look at the idea that there are 2 and 3* characters in this pool, so you could throw all that HP at at and not even get 4* characters for your trouble. You could flip Moonstone twice over before you get 1 cover for Professor X. 

What I'd like to know is: Do these odds Guarantee you a 5* bonus hero if you land him the way pulling a 3* in a standard would? If they don't, then it's really a bum deal. But it really does seem like they should.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just remember, things can always be worse. Sakaar tokens were 1:533
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    Just remember, things can always be worse. Sakaar tokens were 1:533
    could you buy Sakaar tokens? No. Odds, suck, sure. But at least it wasn't setting people up for failure. Especially given the immediate requirement the next PvE. 

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    The store is not really the issue for me. Not going to spend any HP on it anyway. The actual problem is the required 5E right after. That is seriously messed up. 
    If you don't need the 5* until he hits LTs, then the overwhelming majority of people would just wait til he hits LTs.

This is pure P2W.  This game somewhat survives that model with CP and LTs, for the most part, needing to be earned.

This is coming from a guy who has spent a good amount of money on this game.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Yeah having the 5* equates to a lot of points advantage for those who are invested in competitive PvE.

The release stores have never been kind to me and I should have given up on them ages ago but at least you got guaranteed 4*. This is a far far dodgier bunch of shenanigans going on, along the lines of what they did when they plunged 4* back into full on dilution purgatory but hey, you'll get better odds on those 4* PvP stores! Checks PvP list...is all 3* PvP...
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I’m shocked this thread isn’t 75 pages long. 
    As stated above the only issue is Prof X being required in pve before he is accessible. 1:250 isn’t accessible. 1:7 in a couple store is. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    More to consider in a vault is this.  A LT has a 15% chance at a 5* and a 5% chance at getting the new 5*.  You get 2 LT from alliance events.  So you get 2 chance to get the 5* cover.  In a 4 day event you will get 10-12 tokens, but it is a .4% chance to get the 1 5* cover.  If you just do a 1 token daily deal so 4 more tokens you now have 16 chances to get the 1 5*.  Overall each pull is still around .4* odds of getting the 5* but you get a significantly higher number of chances.  If this was a 100 item vault then it would be a significantly better deal.
  • BagPuss
    BagPuss Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Forget about the odds.

This smells like a (last) cash grab.

Required for an event, only way to get him is buying loot boxes...

vs 2 year old model of boss event with limited token page bought with cp which people have anyway built up.
    I suppose people have a lot of HP too but these odd are even worse. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, I actually can’t bring myself to read too much into the draw odds.  Back when they used to give the draw odds as percentages, I believe the new 4*’s would be 0.4% (which is 1/250) in the respective release event tokens.  I am guessing that rather than reinvent the wheel, so to speak, they just plugged Prof X into the new 4* slot and were done with it.

Now, having Prof X immediately required in the next event is another discussion entirely, but these draw odds seem more a product of taking the easy shortcut than anything more malicious...