Server Outage Affecting S5 Pve Players for The Infinite Pursuit Event

Arsenal777
Arsenal777 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
edited August 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Well everyone D3 outdone themselves again for our troubles of the outage! They think a measly 100 Hero points and 2,000 Iso is going make up for our troubles! They need to think again that doesn’t change the fact that some players around the world were completely unaffected by the issue! In fact a player  in my pve bracket  for the Out of Time Sub was able to do his initial clears with no trouble finishing before everyone else! For others like me I was only able to finish my initial clears 2 hours later, which greatly affected my score! As it affected other players In my bracket as well! If a certain player  hadnt has the advantage of finishing his initial clears before me in Out of Time sub, I would have gotten first in the sub and overall the event! Some of the other players had to sleep and couldn’t finish there initial clears for hours which isn’t fair! I believe D3 should compensate as they have done in the past, where there was connection issues during the Prodigal Sun Pve event! When that happened they rewarded the according Rank 1-20 was rewarded the following 2 Legendary Tokens, Iron Fist (Danny Rand) Cover, and 50 Hero Points. Rank 21-100 was rewarded the following Iron Fist (Danny Rand) Cover, 1,000 Iso, and 25 Hero Points. Rank 101-500 was rewarded the following Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) Cover, 1,000 Iso, and 1,000 Red Iso. Rank 500-1000 was rewarded the following 1,000 Iso and 2 Elite Tokens! D3 Needs to compensate just like this for only the S5 players!

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    They never compensate for hypothetical rewards during a server outage! If they suddenly compensated you, I'd be upset for the slice 2 outages that have affected my placement in the past! Others have had outages affect them as well!

I prefer they stay consistent and treat everyone equitably! 
  • TranscendGod
    TranscendGod Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Absolutely Agreed!

I was top 5 in both my s5 PvE (CL8) and s1 PvP (CL9) bracket when the servers stopped working. I was also at 1144 with 3 high point grills lined up (and 2 shield hops until the end). The server crash caused me to end up 11th overall in PvE and top 25 for PvP so I missed out on a whole lot of rewards (and the +15 command point progression reward for PvP). The compensation was pitiful in comparison.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I think a fair thing would be to give everyone affected rewards for the next placement up from where they finished. They've done this in the past so there is precedence.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Thanos said:
    I think a fair thing would be to give everyone affected rewards for the next placement up from where they finished. They've done this in the past so there is precedence.
    This.

The ISO and 100 HP is weaksauce.
  • Arsenal777
    Arsenal777 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing that's getting to me is that there's next to no communication.  It was understandable when they were at Gen Con, but it wouldn't hurt to pop in and say something, anything... Lack of communication has always been high on the list of complaints, but it just feels like there's even less communication than before.  Maybe there's something else big happening for the big Marvel Anniversary.  But, even if that's the case, we should still be getting some feedback, news, etc.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    For what is worth, they acknowledged the issue on Discord.

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, everyone was still able to score on the event.

For some, like me, it even helped gain a reward tier better than expected. (played for progression only though)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I was in that S5 and stayed up another additional 2 hours+ to get my clears in.  I placed t10 where I probably wouldn't have done so without the delay. Seems like a pretty bad reward for those who did get knocked out of 4* covers and other placement rewards.  
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed out on CP and covers, and CS thinks the iso/hp given out was sufficient :expressionless:, and as @ursopro posted, they acknowledge it on Discord, but ignore their "official" forum.  Why not just post a link to Discord... I've often been even keeled about various grumblings in the past, but this one feels different to me... oh well...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    It probably wasn't the best idea from the devs to launch that resources bundle on the same day players feel cheated out of resources by the devs...oops...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like seeing offers that I can ignore, personally.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players can be weird. Not sure anyone remembers this: the last time the Devs compensated all players greatly (the one with LTs and 4* covers to Rank X players) when the servers were down, there were players who actually think that those rewards were unfair to them - either too much or too little - and some think they don't deserve those great compensations.  :o

Since the devs are going to get blasted regardless of what compensation they gave the players, they might as well stick with the "standard" compensation package. 

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Stop quoting him, the ignore filter doesn't work for quotes!