Finding Marvel Puzzle Quest in the darndest places

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
This past Friday I went to the Franklin Institute in Philly, which has a massive Marvel:  Universe of Super Heroes exhibit.  It runs until Sept 2 and anyone who might be in the area should try to go if they can.  Lots of original comic art and props and costumes.... It is massive and amazing, and just wow.

Anyway, the opening video for the exhibit was a very fast overview of Marvel's history, mostly focused on comics.  At the end they talked about Marvel heroes showing up in other media and guess what they put on screen?  That's right, Marvel Puzzle Quest (Steam version)!  And, it was the only game they showed.  That was surprising and pretty cool.

Other stories of unexpected encounters with MPQ?

Comments

• peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Well I was getting my tyres changed at a garage, whilst waiting I thought I'd do some PVP. One of the guys there came over and said "oh, you play that too..." He was past day 1500 and was telling me how he had all this ISO and nothing to spend it on.... like what I read on here
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    Well I was getting my tyres changed at a garage, whilst waiting I thought I'd do some PVP. One of the guys there came over and said "oh, you play that too..." He was past day 1500 and was telling me how he had all this ISO and nothing to spend it on.... like what I read on here
    I would love to have that problem. The ISO crunch feels like it will last forever.

I have never encountered anyone else IRL who plays. The marvel fighting game though , I see a lot.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I went to see John Cleese and Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the couple next to me were BOTH playing.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    peterdark said:
    I would love to have that problem. The ISO crunch feels like it will last forever.

I have never encountered anyone else IRL who plays. The marvel fighting game though , I see a lot.
    For real. I have 18 4s that are ready to champ but I gotta work on champing my 3* dupes too. I could use some double iso events.