Fix the Pause Button

FalnorFalnor Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
The in-game pause button is no longer usable unless the board is settled on Your turn.

Comments

• JSP869JSP869 Posts: 644 Critical Contributor
    edited August 14
    The in-game pause button button has never worked if the AI is about to wipe out your entire team on its current turn, however...

OP is absolutely correct in that the in-game Pause button does not work at all on the AI's turn even if you're not about to lose the match. I just tested this multiple times in The Big Enchilada, and at no time would the in-game Pause button work during the AI's turn.

What DOES work as a Pause for me even on the AI's turn is swiping up from the bottom right corner of my phone's screen, as this gesture now acts as my phone's back button.
    (I have 'swipe up' now for a "Back Button" because MPQ's Devs have forced the ridiculous "Immersive Mode" on us with no option to disable it. Thanks for making me change my phone's entire UI because you want us to use "Immersive Mode".)

• OJSPOJSP Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Getting the whole team stunlocked by Bishop without being able to retreat is fun.
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 1,864 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 20
    Where is the in-game pause button? I didn't know there is such a button. I'm on Android here. Any visuals?

The only pause I'm aware of is that the game will pause by throwing up a box which has "options" and "retreat"for me if I minimise the apps to do something else.
    edited August 20
    The pause button is between the 2 teams' health bars, top middle of the screen.

It seems like android users are getting a lot of advantage from having the home and back buttons.. I imagine retreat boosting takes 1/4 of the time on Android phones compared to on iPhones.

• HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 1,864 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally saw it.  :D 
    I've been playing since Nov 2017 and that button has been invisible all the while. 

Double tapping on the back button is really fast because it is so natural and that's where your thumb rest when holding your phone.

I think iPhone menu/home/back button are floated on the screen?

After discovering the pause button,  I tried to press it during AI's turn and it doesn't work at all.

A workaround now might be switching back and forth apps, if it is faster.

iPhones don't have a back button. The floating menu that you might have seen is called Assistive Touch. It IS customisable, but as far as I can see, there's no way to perform a "back" function.

There's no need for a workaround. This is how it used to work a few years ago and they changed it so the button worked on the opponent's turn.

They just need to revert it back to what it was before this latest change.