Just nerf ‘em. 

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scruffy looking nerf herders?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    But what constitutes a Nerf is in the eye of the beholder. A few months ago they changed Mr F and some players were screaming nerf because of how his powers changed. Others didn't care because he was such an insignificant character and what changed was essentially meaningless because he was insignificant. The same thing happened when they changed 5* Doc Ock before that.

Since any change can be classified as a nerf of some type, that would mean the dev's couldn't ever make any changes to characters because there would NEVER be 100% consensus on any change.

KGB
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, some of the ammo loaders are out of control.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    That’s why I say nerf nerfs. If you’re going to change someone, change a bottom feeder that no one cares about. I’m tired of people complaining that characters are too hard to beat. Hell, I still have problems with M4rvel in PvP but who cares. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    But what constitutes a Nerf is in the eye of the beholder. A few months ago they changed Mr F and some players were screaming nerf because of how his powers changed. Others didn't care because he was such an insignificant character and what changed was essentially meaningless because he was insignificant. The same thing happened when they changed 5* Doc Ock before that.

Since any change can be classified as a nerf of some type, that would mean the dev's couldn't ever make any changes to characters because there would NEVER be 100% consensus on any change.

KGB
    Does anybody think the old 4* wasp, or 3* iron man are better than what they are now? I think we have pretty near 100% consensus on those.

Otherwise yeah you are spot on. Majority of changes are a give and take of some sort. That usually leads to someone disappointed in the change. Me for example with 5* ock.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    no more nerfs, please....just buff other " meh " characters (there are plenty out there) and create good counters.  ;)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All these nerf threads... if everone is overpowered, no-one is. Sounds just fine and puzzly to me. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Related image
    5* Pinky w/Brain support confirmed... NARF!!!!
  • TranscendGod
    TranscendGod Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I agree. I only proposed nerfs because they stopped improving weak characters. Would much prefer them to just make bad characters good.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    How about an RNG driven buff/nerf process (everything else seems to be RNG based). A random character is chosen and any numeric values for that character have RNG scaling applied to them such that their new range is +/- 50% of their current value. It won’t take anyone out of their star range but all of a sudden the cost of Yelena’s powers are halved and the damage doubled. OML’s match damage catches up to some of the newer 5*s, Emma Frost’s repeaters proc every turn. If they applied this every day it would really shake things up. 
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always been of the options creating characters as hard counters is a way better solution than nerfs.  They have a big chilling effect.  I haven't put a dime into this game since OML nerfs.  Why pay money chasing something that will just get taken away from me?

But, counter characters don't really work well for MPQ.  And that's due to the relative time, effort, and randomness inherent in finishing characters in this game.  You may work on champing a character for literally a year, and not finish.  That is what needs to change for counters to be a viable solution.  The rest would then fall into place.  I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof said:
    All these nerf threads... if everone is overpowered, no-one is. Sounds just fine and puzzly to me. 
    spoken like someone who doesn't have 5 retaliation Grittshops teams in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator nodes, and after skipping all those, seeing 5 more, and after using the 5 free skips STILL having 5 more...

Just once I'd like to see an opposing team have a 5* ArchAngel or Banner or Widow or Ghost Rider or Hawkeye or Goblin or Phoenix or Starlord or Kingpin or Rescue or Loki or Wasp (well, maybe not Wasp as she is truly horrid)...
  • furbear00000
    This thread got more serious then I intended it to be. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully the thread can be nerfed.
  • tiomono
    We reject your reality and replace it with our own.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Why so?
  • furbear00000
    Jormagund said:
    Why so?
    Do you know how I got these scars?

Too much MPQ PvP.
  • tiomono
    Jormagund said:
    Why so?
    How so?
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    tiomono said:
    Jormagund said:
    Why so?
    How so?
    Who so?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    WHY is Gamora?!