Can we get a GOOD 5* Carnage please?!

Options
Warbeast_7
Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
So I am a long time and hardcore carnage fan. As many comic enthusiasts must know, the new Absolute Carnage comic just launched today. As such, I would really love a well designed 5* Carnage please!!! Do not make him so he specifically counters the meta or what have you. Just give him a good, fun, and original design that can hold its own against or with the current meta. We do not need another archangel..... I would be very disheartened if he was lame or nerffed to death like his 4* version. Thoughts people?
Tagged:

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* carnage has been "nerfed to death," or he's lame?
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Woody Harrelson 5*
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What’s wrong with the carnage we have now???? Did I miss something?
    Um, no. He's pretty excellent.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When did Carnage get nerfed? The funny thing about him is that his best partner is also his best counter! I'm quite happy to take on a Cardusa team with just Medusa on my team as the enemy Carnage does all my heavy lifting for me and I can bring who I like without having to worry about specials for Medusa to work with. Otherwise though he seems OK.
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Carnage got nerfed soon after Medusa was released. I can't recall the stats, but paired together they were too powerful. Not really Carnage's fault as he was an existing character. I'm just glad they haven't given Rocket and Groot the same treatment...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Oh right, don't remember that at all, what was it damage reduction or less tiles spammed? Possibly as I didn't have either at that time it just didn't register. I'm now intrigued to see what pre-nerf Carnage could do.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh right, don't remember that at all, what was it damage reduction or less tiles spammed? Possibly as I didn't have either at that time it just didn't register. I'm now intrigued to see what pre-nerf Carnage could do.
    If i recall correctly they changed his black from a passive to a cheap, 5 ap i think, move that created some attack tiles for you and weaker ones for the enemy team.  Everyone complained that he was near useless after this change so they changed him back to be closer to his original design but they lowered the power of the attack tiles he creates.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    If i recall correctly they changed his black from a passive to a cheap, 5 ap i think, move that created some attack tiles for you and weaker ones for the enemy team.  Everyone complained that he was near useless after this change so they changed him back to be closer to his original design but they lowered the power of the attack tiles he creates.

Ah cool, thanks for that. Definitely didn't ring any bells!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His passive also used to trigger every time a power was fired, rather than just at the start of each of his Turns. This was before you could turn animations off, too, so fights against him usually took way too long.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I'm day 1306 in (which I think might be longer than you Alexis?), you would think I would know this but it would seem I am fairly clueless. Lol!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are not in a tier or facing certain characters often then it's easy to forget changes to them.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am a Carnage fan in the comics as well as in the game. My just for fun team actually is Carnage/Bullseye/Hawkguy which is a blast to play.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Maybe when Venom 2 comes out in October 2020 you ca get your wish.  It could be Maximum Carnage
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lol carnage went through many nerfs. His black used to have no limitations and would generate tiles every turn no matter what. Just imagine how OG carnage would pair with a gritty team lmao
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    tiomono said:
    If you are not in a tier or facing certain characters often then it's easy to forget changes to them.
    Well I have a champed Carnage now and I still think he is OK at what he does.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    "I'm the okay-est there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice..." - 4* Carnage. Probably.
    If I see Carnage on the other team I rub my hands with glee as he is gonna be a big help when I play Medusa, so  actually I think he is a very nice lad!
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    "I'm the okay-est there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice..." - 4* Carnage. Probably.
    If I see Carnage on the other team I rub my hands with glee as he is gonna be a big help when I play Medusa, so  actually I think he is a very nice lad!
    That used to not be the case.  When they nerfed Fister Mantastic, that hurt the Medusa + Carnage + Fantastic 4* unstoppable team.  If each of them was spec'd properly, they basically healed full every round and you needed to one-shot them in order to kill anyone.  They weren't fast, but they were nigh unstoppable (in 4* land)