5* Thanos Heroes for Hire

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
PSA:  Thanos is the last in the Classics for the 5E cycle.

The next cycle of Classic 5's will take approximately 1 year, so if you are at all interested in buying his black cover, do it now.

Also:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78621/5-heroes-for-hire-suggestion-run-them-more-frequently-or-more-colors-at-once#latest

Comments

• AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I am interested, but since my Thanos is 1/4/0 it would be of very limited benefit to me. I feel like I'm better hoping for a special store.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the heads up on the 1 year cycle!

My Thanos is 3/1/3 and I was debating on buying (Gamora is 295 so I'll get the Purple next). Now I'm definitely buying because Black is his most important color.

KGB
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I bought mine in a heartbeat
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, same. Bought it yesterday. Now 3/4/1.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Interested, but unfortunately only have 120 CP in the bank.  My 4/2/5 could have used it.  Sadly I cashed in some CP to grab a single-cover Iceman.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019
    Just went to buy it -- but it's already gone... Isn't the point of HfH so that I can use him in the current event (i.e. in which he's required)?

EDIT: Sheesh, no sooner than I post that and he's in my store. Weird reset thing...
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Thanos is a game altering 5* if you play PvE.  Arguably if you plan on purchasing a 5* in HfH, it should probably be his covers. His impact on PvE is far more drastic than any 5* has on PvP.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    He's my highest level 5 star, at LVL 455.  Boosted like he is here, at LVL 565 his Court Death does 34K damage to the enemy team, and about 8400 to his teammates.  If Come and Get Me resolves, that does 49,187 damage.

I was able to wipe out about two-thirds of my five stars thanks to Court Death damage, but it was an *amazingly* fast clear time.  He's definitely a PvE game changer.

This is one of the few covers I'd recommend getting even if you don't have this ability for your character....ESPECIALLY if you don't have this ability.  Even at 1 cover, Court Death speeds up your clear times tremendously.  If you need this to champ your Thanos, you should have already spent the 250 CP.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    He's my highest level 5 star, at LVL 455.  Boosted like he is here, at LVL 565 his Court Death does 34K damage to the enemy team, and about 8400 to his teammates.  If Come and Get Me resolves, that does 49,187 damage.

I was able to wipe out about two-thirds of my five stars thanks to Court Death damage, but it was an *amazingly* fast clear time.  He's definitely a PvE game changer.

This is one of the few covers I'd recommend getting even if you don't have this ability for your character....ESPECIALLY if you don't have this ability.  Even at 1 cover, Court Death speeds up your clear times tremendously.  If you need this to champ your Thanos, you should have already spent the 250 CP.
    So I've always been curious about how people run him. It sounds like you team him up with loitering 5*s (that otherwise aren't doing anything) to cruise through PvE nodes. Is that about right? Is there an essential third, or do you just burn through whomever while chalking up victories? Is there an order you do it to maximize the time your 5*s are still kicking -- like most to least points? (My question here is NOT about optimal clearance techniques -- it's really just about how you and others use Th5nos in PvE.). As of today, my Th5nos is 5/1/3, so pretty viable.

Many thanks for your and anyone else's comments!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:

So I've always been curious about how people run him. It sounds like you team him up with loitering 5*s (that otherwise aren't doing anything) to cruise through PvE nodes. Is that about right? Is there an essential third, or do you just burn through whomever while chalking up victories? Is there an order you do it to maximize the time your 5*s are still kicking -- like most to least points? (My question here is NOT about optimal clearance techniques -- it's really just about how you and others use Th5nos in PvE.). As of today, my Th5nos is 5/1/3, so pretty viable.

It's different when he isn't boosted.
    Boosted you can run him with whoever.

Unboosted you run him with featured 5* and Grocket, or a guardian plus Grocket.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Yepyep said:

During the events where he is boosted, I usually play "How much of my roster can I wipe out in the event" and just switch someone after they're downed.  Not optimal by any stretch, but I took out nine of my five stars with his Court Death.

The rest of the time, when he's not boosted, I use him to get Gladiathor down to half health and use my Old Man Logan (Champed at 5/5/3), as a third.  Once Gladiathor starts destroying the board, I switch him out for Daredevil (LVL 435, 5/5/2).  If OML or Daredevil gets too low in health, I start using my 5-star Wasp (LVL 405, 3/4/3) as a Meat Shield because otherwise she would never see the light of day.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I have him at 4-3-3.  But don't know if buying the cover is worth it.  I primarily use him to get Thor down to half.  The extra cover would slow that process down.  Is the extra turn of stun worth it?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with others.  When he is boosted, I just keep throwing 5* and boosted 4* out until they are done.  If not boosted, I use him to get GladiaThor down to half and then use 5*Cap or OML to soak up damage.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Buying it would have finished my Thanos at 5/5/3, but I wasn't saving up my CP so I'm broke.  :(
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    I broke down and bought it. In the end, I have the CP available and I can just see having him at 4/5/3 someday wishing I had bought this black cover when it was there (similar to how my 5/5/2 Str5nge wishes I had bought the yellow back when it was available).

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like a good buy for you, especially at 1/4/0. As good as Black is, it just didn't make sense for my 3/3/0 Thanos...