Yet another PVP suggestion

peterdark
peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
I know, there's been many, many, many suggestions on how to improve pvp. I don't know if this one or something similar has been thrown out there, either in another post or on its own so apologies if it has. A lot of the 'nerf bishop', 'nerf gritty', 'nerf thorkye', 'nerf talos' (ok maybe not that one) posts stem from hitting a wall of teams that use them after reaching a certain number of points. 

How about changing the 'defence' team line-up to reflect that of the players roster. So make a list of 10 characters that are fully covered in a persons top 2 tiers ( i.e 5 * and 4* if you have them or 4* and 3* if the highest is a 4*). Stick this list in a bucket. Then make a list of 10 of the highest level ones then stick this in the bucket. Then generate random 3 from this bucket removing any duplicates that get pulled. I'd say remove the duplicates after as the higher the level and better covered someone is, the more chance of them being put in the defence team. This can be done after each match so it's harder to determine who is in the defence team (but could still be done).

Remember this is only a suggestion, I know some people will not like it as it changes the dynamics of ranking in PVP as teams could be more random. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming this is mainly for SHIELD SIM as normal PvP has rotating boost lists to contend with.

The current way that defensive teams are arrived at (still not fully known in exact detail) was as a response to what was known as "cupcakes". Essentially, it was meant to stop players using outside/out of game methods to manipulate defensive teams. The thing is though, the current "strongest team last used" method can still be manipulated by some of the playerbase with high enough rosters and as the Devs have made no effort to "fix this" further, you have to imagine that an unspoken truce about it is currently in place. All those high scores up to and past 1200 would be completely uncontrollable with such a method - hard to put out a "grill" when you have no idea what randomness the AI is going to come up with! It might end up putting out an awesome defensive team when you were wanting one that other players could beat!

Your suggestion would create quite a lot of amusing chaos though definitely! Somebody playing with a Gritty team intending to have that out on defence after a session suddenly comes back to find they have been hit by all sorts of players and rosters because the AI decided to pair Kitty not with R4G but with a highly levelled Jubilee - after all RNG is gonna RNG! For example - my own roster would throw up the very real possibility of having X-Force Wolverine or Elektra on defence because those are the covers RNG has decided to provide me with in abundance! Not that I would know it because the only way for us to currently know what our defensive team is is for another player to tell us what they see but obviously we have a rough idea! Although, y'know, Elektra on defence *might* be quite annoying...