Hawkeye is already a featured character in Clash?

MaxPowers
MaxPowers Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
Wasn't he just released a few months ago?

I get it, at this rate he wont make it into the rotation for over a year, but it seems like there is an overlying issue that needs to be adressed here.

It's becoming more and more impractical to cover new characters due to dilution. It's also sorta of asinine that we now have so many 4* characters that it wil take over a year to run them all in the event.

I haven't champed a character in several months as my iso pool has only grown by the millions.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ronin happened to meet the criteria for a Crash by the time his slot came along.

1.  Run twice in PVE rewards
    2.  The crash is run in alphabetical order based on the secondary name.  Hawkeye (Ronin) comes just before Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) so we got him now.

We could see Sabretooth, therefore, pretty soon (once they get to the V's).  Talos (Skrull Warlord) too.  Even Namor (The Sub Mariner). 

Other recent characters missed their slot and will need to wait quite a while. Thanos (Endgame), Black Cat (Master Thief), Mysterio (Quentin Beck), Magik (Classic).

However, the point of how long the Crash takes to cycle is well made and the game really has so many characters.....  And another 4 is coming this week!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I relate to @Borstock's post
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dilution, I believe, is most impacting people who started playing since approximately January of 2018.  People before them had a much easier time getting covers for a concentrated number of characters.  (blah blah blah, right?)

I don't personally mind it a ton, as it slows down my need for dupes on maxed 4s and I don't relish the thought of restarting a bunch of them. It's much nicer to keep getting high end (320+) champ rewards for a broad range of characters.  That said, getting feeders to 360 (I have a few that need to get there to finish 5's) is probably a years-long process based on the way things are going in my roster.

Look, of course I like many others had to make hard choices, and did things wrong, and dealt with selling characters etc etc.  But the fact is that building a 4* roster is harder than ever and the ability to fully champ the entire tier (for new players) may be a practical impossibility without spending as much, or more, as you'd spend on a set of champed 5s.

Lastly, the game is fully continuing to operate under "Collect 'em all" incentives, but the need for a particular character gets less pressing the more you add.  Approx 2 years between appearances as a 4E for Vintage people (and growing); over a year between Crash appearances; and a 4 is boosted approx 3 times a year.  The biggest reason for rostering a non-meta 4 is probably the Behemoth Burrito and using them every 2 1/2 months there.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    The iso crunch situation that existed pre: saved covers is in my opinion much worst than the current dilution. Having to find 500,000 iso from scratch because you were already severly iso-crunched in something like 10 days to save two mediocre 4* such as Elektra and Quake just sucked. At least now players can chase the 4's they want to pursue through various methods and just park the 4's they don't and accumulate covers for doing something once they have the spare iso. The only "Gotta catch'em all" pressure for multiple covers on a 4 is from Shield Training and that is by design.

Maybe the fact that the magical time of latest 12's handed me most of the average ones to champ whilst everybody else had Medusa, R4G, Vulture (I didn't get one single Vulture cover during latest 12!) etc has me jaded and/or appreciative of other phases of this stupid game.
  • PiMacleod
    This probably belongs in another topic... But here I go.

I wonder how everyone (and I mean EVERYONE, whales included) would take this game if it started TODAY.

It's a brand new game.  Everything is as it is now.  This many characters.  Events as they are.

And for fun, let's just assume some of the feeders make more sense and are in the right places.  All tidy like.

Would we like it?  Dilution probably wouldn't even be a topic!  And that's only because we wouldn't really know any different or better.  We would think that it's par for the course and that the percentages, while harsh, make sense because there's so many characters, and of course they wanna push the sales of their resources.

A new player in the game currently looks at the competition in PvP and sees Gritty, Bishop, and Thorkoye.  Horrible experiences to have, because it's so limiting and basically forces either a very quick win or quick loss.  But if everyone was fresh...  Well, we'd all be chasing what we perceive to be top tier.  And the dilution would make it such that getting ANY 4* character to champ would be a bit rough.  Most of us that go for max progression and T10 and whatnot would hit 4* champs on the 3* feeders first... But beyond feeder characters?  Like Nebula for instance?  Or Domino?  The people who get the non-feeder 4*s up first would be the only ones able to tap any potential from those teams or characters.

Which, gets even trickier talking about 5*s, since you can only get them a couple ways.

I'm not intending anything by this post... But just a thought experiment.  I think some of the forums foundations of what is fun or not fun is partially based on what we're up against, and that's the players that already have it all.  For someone who has 95% of everything rostered or champed, it's easier to chase a new guy.... You can focus everything on one thing, and you have your massive roster to help do it.

If everyone was new... Well, we'd all be in the same boat then.  And I also wonder if the whales would spend more just to get the roster developed, or would they spend less because it's so daunting?

Anyways, I'll stop now.  :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If that really happens, this game will not appear as a F2P mobile game. It will go straight to the disc and we have to buy PS4, Xbox or some decent PC in order to play the game and we probably have to hand over 60 bucks to enjoy the whole contents, then pay another 9.9 for future expansion. 
  • DAZ0273
    edited July 2019
    Do new players in the game really run into a wall of 5* driven meta? I have played this game 3 and a half years and can honestly say that "Panthos", 5* Gambit and "Thorkoye" have been mostly irrelevent to my experience in PvP. The only one that is pretty tediously everywhere is Gritty (the sad 1 yellow cover versions are particularly grating but I guess they must be getting some success out of it).  I imagine there are 3* Strange/IM40 duos and the whole R4G/Gamora/Medusa etc set-ups that are more of an issue to younger rosters.

Edit - or overlevelled single or few cover 5*
  • PiMacleod
    DAZ0273 said:
    Do new players in the game really run into a wall of 5* driven meta? I have played this game 3 and a half years and can honestly say that "Panthos", 5* Gambit and "Thorkoye" have been mostly irrelevent to my experience in PvP. The only one that is pretty tediously everywhere is Gritty (the sad 1 yellow cover versions are particularly grating but I guess they must be getting some success out of it).  I imagine there are 3* Strange/IM40 duos and the whole R4G/Gamora/Medusa etc set-ups that are more of an issue to younger rosters.

No, you know the answer to that question.

But they DO run into mass of players who have been around for so much longer, with less dilution because they've been around longer, and so they'll have more focused rosters.

It was just a statement on how someone is made to feel, coming into a game where everyone before them had an easier time due to less dilution, AND now they have to fight against those rosters for placement in events, and not to mention PvP battles.

It's one thing when you are jumping into, say, Destiny or CoD, and people have better gear and have been around longer... But dilution isn't really fighting against the player in the same way in those games.  Sure, there's time to spend to grind your level up and your loadouts... But you don't have to worry about a new piece of loot making it harder to get what you need to survive and play.  You can just focus on the missions or objectives needed to get what you need to win.

In MPQ, you need it all for the required nodes, but you also need to hunt the meta characters in order to be successful and/or faster in the game.  Hunting those characters is a lot like hunting down loot in a console game, but with the exception that somehow, each new piece of loot makes the loot table percentages worse.  Which, isn't the case, because in those games, new loot gets tied to different or newer events, so you know where to farm for it if you research it.  Sure, you might not get it right away, but you'll get it with enough time and effort.

You can't say time and effort will get it done in MPQ... I mean, the odds are that it will happen at some point, but it's pretty low odds due to dilution.

Sooooooooo.... Back to the original thingy, no... They don't run into 5* metas.... Just that tier of meta, with harder odds than the person that came before them.
  • DAZ0273
    I can relate. I spent most of the golden Summer of 2017 bringing Mordo (before he was reworked) and  Luke C4ge to a 4* GotG/Cap Marvel/Medusa gunfight with predictable results.

The only thing I would say with 4* is you *can* bonus hero your way to champing the ones you want. I did Moon Knight from 2 purple covers. Not ideal but possible.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:

I've been playing for about 3 months now. I have one 4* champed and about 15 3* champed. All I see in pvp is 300+ teams and that's on the lowest bracket I qualify to play in.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I've been playing for about 3 months now. I have one 4* champed and about 15 3* champed. All I see in pvp is 300+ teams and that's on the lowest bracket I qualify to play in.
    So you have 1 4* at 270. How many 5* do you have rostered? What levels are your 15 3*s?

Your MMR is roughly the average level of your top 3-5 characters. So if you have a bunch of 5* with 1 cover your average level is going to be pretty close to 260 so seeing L300 teams isn't out of the question.

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    I have looked at your roster and you will  have put yourself into champed 4* MMR. Your top 3 characters are 271, 270 and 263 and you have various others at 255. That 270 5* alone - the game knows you can't have 3* at that level so it assumes your roster is better than it is. When the game looks at trying to find you an opponent, it notes you have some characters which are capable of going into 4* MMR and so it assumes that is the range you will be fighting in because your 3* are below the 200 mark. In fact you have 12 characters capable of going into 4* MMR before you get anywhere near your 3*.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has been so long since Crash of the Titans has been a challenge, so it was fun to play an under-leveled 4* again.  Given how long the cycle is now with 80+ characters, I think adding new characters sooner rather than later is a good thing.  If it means I occasionally can't complete the node, so be it.
  • Falconfreak
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have looked at your roster and you will  have put yourself into champed 4* MMR. Your top 3 characters are 271, 270 and 263 and you have various others at 255. That 270 5* alone - the game knows you can't have 3* at that level so it assumes your roster is better than it is. When the game looks at trying to find you an opponent, it notes you have some characters which are capable of going into 4* MMR and so it assumes that is the range you will be fighting in because your 3* are below the 200 mark. In fact you have 12 characters capable of going into 4* MMR before you get anywhere near your 3*.

Sadly for me since I am not going to sell characters it means I'm stuck with 1 cover 5* guys and trying to bring up my 3* to champed out status first before I move on to champing 4 and 5 is literally getting me thrown into a shredder head first in pvp.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Sadly for me since I am not going to sell characters it means I'm stuck with 1 cover 5* guys and trying to bring up my 3* to champed out status first before I move on to champing 4 and 5 is literally getting me thrown into a shredder head first in pvp.
    Get used to it, that will not change.
    PVP always will match you with teams stronger than yours.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

If I were you I would champ Red Hulk and get another cover for Vulture to champ him too. Paired with your Ghost that's not a bad combo. Then definitely go back to champing your 3s.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

You could try experimenting with different time slots and start times to see if MMR has any kinder matches for you. Otherwise as Shardwick says above, the 300's you face are boosted for the event, bring up your 3s and they will be 300+ too and have Vulture, Ghost  and Red Hulk as a frontline and you will have an easier time. Good luck.
  • Falconfreak
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

If I were you I would champ Red Hulk and get another cover for Vulture to champ him too. Paired with your Ghost that's not a bad combo. Then definitely go back to champing your 3s.
    I've been wanting to do that but ppl have suggested I stick to champing all 3* first before moving to 4. But I think in this case having Red Hulk champed and hopefully getting the one more cover I need to champ Vulture would be better for me. Rhulk, Vulture and Ghost work very well since they cover the colors and do crazy damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I've been wanting to do that but ppl have suggested I stick to champing all 3* first before moving to 4. But I think in this case having Red Hulk champed and hopefully getting the one more cover I need to champ Vulture would be better for me. Rhulk, Vulture and Ghost work very well since they cover the colors and do crazy damage.
    A significant part of why people recommend that is so that newer Players don't get stuck in the MMR trap you're in, by Champing one 4* and jumping their Roster Scaling up before they're really ready for it. Since you're already there, that's no longer an issue.
    That said, you do still want to get all the 3* Champed, because the Champ Rewards really help develop your 4* Roster, but making a little "detour" for a couple more solid 4* Champs first should help more than it hurts from where you are right now.