Artwork for House of X

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
@Brigby

I usually don't call out your name, but I gotta say...

That background pic for the House of X is awesome!

Who did it, and where can we get our own version to plaster on our device of choice?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome.   Thanks.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    It's the Promo Art from the original House of X / Powers of X announcement. Just cropped to fit the in-game display (no complaints here, it's a fantastic piece, packed with characters, several of whom we've never seen in MPQ before)

Times like this I think I should be getting a Marvel online subscription (yes, I know I'll need to wait 6 months to read it, but I've got about 5 years of catching up to do) 
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    CT1888 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    It's the Promo Art from the original House of X / Powers of X announcement. Just cropped to fit the in-game display (no complaints here, it's a fantastic piece, packed with characters, several of whom we've never seen in MPQ before)

Times like this I think I should be getting a Marvel online subscription (yes, I know I'll need to wait 6 months to read it, but I've got about 5 years of catching up to do) 
    I think if you subscribe to Comixology Unlimited you get access to Marvel, DC and independent books for the same subscription price.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    JHawkInc said:

I think if you subscribe to Comixology Unlimited you get access to Marvel, DC and independent books for the same subscription price.
    Yes and no.  I know this is not a thread about online comic books but Comixology is great at new releases but poor on older issues.  JMHO.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone in this painting is so specular. Cool to see the whole roster in one place, but it’s like they left the plastic wrap on them
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone in this painting is so specular. Cool to see the whole roster in one place, but it’s like they left the plastic wrap on them
    Yeah, the plastic coating is very distracting.  Count me as someone who doesn't really like that style.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was impressed when this one popped up as well. Has anyone been able to identify everyone in the image? I tried to look up an identification key but I couldn't find one. Is that Destro in the upper left (it looks like Groot is creeping on him)?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    PuceMoose said:
    Is that Destro in the upper left (it looks like Groot is creeping on him)?
    That's Mr. Sinister who looks like Destro. I don't know the name of the spikey guy but I believe he came from the same universe as Longshot.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    PuceMoose said:
    That's Mr. Sinister who looks like Destro. I don't know the name of the spikey guy but I believe he came from the same universe as Longshot.
    Spikey guy is called Warlock, and was in the New Mutants originally. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who is the woman with the silver face on the right next to Wolverine?  The hair looks like Dani Moonstar, the arm and sword look like Magik, and and the other hand is armoured like Colossus.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    Has anyone been able to identify everyone in the image?
    Either Mystique or Talos. I can't quite tell which is which when they're shapeshifted.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Who is the woman with the silver face on the right next to Wolverine?  The hair looks like Dani Moonstar, the arm and sword look like Magik, and and the other hand is armoured like Colossus.
    Many believe her to be the daughter of Collossus and Kitty. 
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Kahmon said:
    PuceMoose said:
    That one is called Warlock, a member of a shapeshifting alien species known as the Phallanx. He was a member of the New Mutants during the 90's. And then he died.
  • Smashton
    Smashton Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    The woman who looks like a dark-haired Magik is Rasputin, a new character introduced in House of X #1. She exists in a future timeline as the result of the genetic experiments of Mr. Sinister. 
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Who is the light-skinned Nightcrawler lookalike in the foreground on the left?  And why are there two Wolverines?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who is the light-skinned Nightcrawler lookalike in the foreground on the left?  And why are there two Wolverines?
    The second Wolverine might be another clone or something. Like X-24 in Logan.