Make game faster:

0_efx_0
0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
Turn off power banners, downed banners, arrived banners and power banners. 

Players past day 500 already know who is who and which powers do what.

Turn off story dialogue pregame node.

Players past day 500 already read the stories.

Im not in it to place top 5, being a Veteran I’m just speaking from experience and convenience. Credit to anyone working on the game, great game.

But the time played can be tedious knowing most of it is spent on the non-fun(is this a word) aspect of the game’s mechanics.

Comments

• uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I agree but I don't think that disabling everything is best.

It would probably be a lot of engineering work, but I would love it if all the banners and attack animations were just made asynchronous and allowed to play out in the top part of the screen above the game board. Have them show up but don't make us wait for them to disappear before providing more input.
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I would be very happy with a simple replay button after finishing a match.

Or replacing the reward screen with fading-in-fading-out notify messages instead of having to click them all away.

In other words: the speed boost for me would be in between matches
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skip all story/dialogue option would be just amazing... Im so sick of having to click that same button every time on like 2/3 of the nodes, I don't care, I'm not reading these ever again just let us turn them off!!

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Turning off character animations is one thing but perhaps they should also disable tile-swapping animations too, for powers that swap loads of tiles like Loki or Main Event Hulk. Tiles would just swap with no animation. In fact do that for all tile movement, even match damage. I’m sure everyone can keep track, and it’d speed things up!

Let’s take it further and disable character portraits, as they could be distracting. The “switching character” animations could just be a line of text above the board.

No need to have colourful health bars either really. Just numbers will do. Turn off all of those floating damage numbers too, no point to them. And the little animations when you match tiles, with “claw” or “blast” flashes? Get rid of them. I’m sure there are too many “flashes” and effects when a combo happens, too.

So basically what we have left is the board, with no animations whatsoever; a few lines of text above it with character names and HP... oh, get rid of the AP indicators too, that might as well be text... there, perfect. Super fast gameplay with no distractions, for ultra fast clears!
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2019
    take the colours off the tiles too, I'm sure that would also speed things up  :):):)
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Said already, say it again....  replay button with a counter for PVE.  It's so many clicks to start a match.  It's really a waste of time.  Having to go through the story 4x is kinda silly.

Also, a couple preset teams would be nice.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oo, preset teams is an idea I can get behind.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I suspect the Devs don't want the game to be faster. At least no without you paying. That was the idea behind supports. If they wanted it less tedious to players they would simply reduce the number of games needed in both PvE an PvP.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Next: give the game an automatic mode where I don't have to play it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel Puzzle Log On - the exciting new mode for free to play gem matching game Marvel Puzzle Quest was unveiled today with developers Demiurge and publishers D3GO excited to announce the new mode where players simply open the game, receive all the rewards from Story Mode and then close the game again and do something else such as eat a hot dog or possibly enjoy some basket weaving. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect the Devs don't want the game to be faster. At least no without you paying. That was the idea behind supports. If they wanted it less tedious to players they would simply reduce the number of games needed in both PvE an PvP.
    This is a good point.  QOL changes that make the game faster, reducing your time requirements....also reduce the pain point of the grind.  Almost every game with microtransactions depends on your desire to fast forward progress/skip grinds and convincing you that just spending some money instead is a reasonable alternative.  (Other than whales who want to go far beyond what is possible by playing, of course).

It is also a design goal on the part of game developers (especially ones that promote microtransactions/long term interaction to keep you around and expose you to purchasing options) to make you feel like you are doing "work" as that creates an investment on the part of the player and a commitment towards your progress.  Time spent = Work, basically.  Even my kid says he's spent a lot of time "working" on a bunch of random games he has downloaded.

Additionally, the things you are asking for would most benefit players who have been playing for a long time and don't need to be told what's happening with all the banners etc, while newer players still benefit from that information.  Spoiler alert!  If you've been playing for so long that you know everything that is happening, you're already addicted and the devs don't have a ton of incentive to do something that only helps you play the game faster.

Final thought.....in the PVEs (Simulator may be the only one) that bring in new characters, sometimes banners are helpful because you don't know everything the characters do.  Or you might forget about something someone does.  etc.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m amazed at how competitive some people are. I like to minimize my grind as much as the next guy, but I refuse to disable animations, do away with story mode, or remove any of my features to shave a few seconds off my times. I came to have fun, watching Iceman sweep away the remaining enemy team with his green is a great joy. 

I certainly hope if any of any of these changes are ever implemented they are simply a toggle. I want more from the game, not less.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    jp1 said:
    I’m amazed at how competitive some people are. I like to minimize my grind as much as the next guy, but I refuse to disable animations, do away with story mode, or remove any of my features to shave a few seconds off my times. I came to have fun, watching Iceman sweep away the remaining enemy team with his green is a great joy. 

I certainly hope if any of any of these changes are ever implemented they are simply a toggle. I want more from the game, not less.
    can we just disable quicksilver's animation? I've disabled all animations just because his one is sooooo slow.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    kk3thess said:
    They already have that.  You just need to play the right characters:
    - GladiaThor (<50% health) in the first position
    - 5* Banner/Hulk in the second position
    - 4* Grocket in 3rd position

Spend 2 turns getting enough green to turn banner into the hulk, then use that green to fire off grockets "don't push the button" and walk away.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    I kind of wish the game would just end when it's mathematically over. The game knows when it's over, because it doesn't let you retreat during a turn where the AI is going to down what's left of your team. I understand it'd be super weird if the game just ended while your whole team is still alive because you don't know that the RNG is about to wipe you out, but sometimes it just feels tedious to have to keep playing when there is literally no way for the game to continue beyond the next action.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would just love to be able to use my whole roster for Deadpool Dailies.  Why do I have to spend several minutes completing 3 matches with 1* or 2*.  I know they did it initially to force you to roster those characters but the game has matured enough that it isn't a factor in driving roster slots anymore.  Allow me to use Thanos or my 5* to clear those 3 nodes really fast instead of grinding them with 2*.  That would probably save me at least 5 minutes a day on this game.  It is also a really easy fix compared to other suggestions. Every day I clear those nodes, it aggravates me that I could be clearing them significantly faster except for this artificial roster limitation.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    kk3thess said:
    They already have that.  You just need to play the right characters:
    - GladiaThor (<50% health) in the first position
    - 5* Banner/Hulk in the second position
    - 4* Grocket in 3rd position

Spend 2 turns getting enough green to turn banner into the hulk, then use that green to fire off grockets "don't push the button" and walk away.
    Those are extra matches on your turn. You still have to make your own move to end your turn.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I'd really love it if they changed the points reduction of playing Story nodes to 50% instead of the current 33%. One less play of each node in the final grind would be great, especially in the case of wave nodes. It would also fit nicely with the nodes only having 6 rewards, as it would be an easy indicator for me that the node is done rather than having to check 'Ticked' nodes to see if they are still worth points.
  • wade9633
    wade9633 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    0_efx_0 said:
    Turn off power banners, downed banners, arrived banners and power banners. 

Players past day 500 already know who is who and which powers do what.

Turn off story dialogue pregame node.

Players past day 500 already read the stories.

Im not in it to place top 5, being a Veteran I’m just speaking from experience and convenience. Credit to anyone working on the game, great game.

But the time played can be tedious knowing most of it is spent on the non-fun(is this a word) aspect of the game’s mechanics.
    I compeletely agree with you. Just make those slowing things enable or disable.
    There's another thing could be set it. "Attack or Deffence hints in PvP"