2/10/5 Hela wait for a feeder or waste three covers or keep pulling

Team_Jacob
Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
I was sitting at 2/5/4 Hela for about a month, and just pulled a fifth black. I really want to champ her. Anyone have a guess on an over/under on her getting a feeder before this decade ends? I'm tempted to just give up on pulling until Rescue leaves, instead of hoping against hope that I get a usable cover for Hela. 

I may just keep pulling, even with 1/63 odds of getting what I want. OK, more storm covers would be welcome, so it's more like 4/63 odds (or 3/21 since I have a 5/1/0 storm).

I'm in a similar situation with Okoye (but I think two colors would still be helpful), and she's been my bonus hero for like seven months. After her, I want to finish Kitty, who's at 3/4/5.

And I really don't want to waste three covers. Why don't we have a 1:1 cover swap on latest legends? It's really frustrating and penalizing. 

Comments

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    What are you really missing if you cannibalize?  Champ rewards are nice, but nothing you’ll miss. A 452 Hela works just as well as a 455. If the goal is to get her to 475, sure, giving away covers is a bad idea. Otherwise...
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    658_2 said:
    What are you really missing if you cannibalize?  Champ rewards are nice, but nothing you’ll miss. A 452 Hela works just as well as a 455. If the goal is to get her to 475, sure, giving away covers is a bad idea. Otherwise...

This.

I understand the reluctance to”waste covers”, but unless you’re able to add massive covers as champ levels, a few levels above 450 just doesn’t make that much difference in every day play. I would probably convert the covers unless I had the resources to brute force pick up the needed covers.

-JaGo
  • Team_Jacob
    Thanks for the feedback! 

Honestly, I don't see much of an advantage in champing her, at 435 and 2/5/5/ she's pretty effective in pve and I don't think I'll use her in PVP. I really just hope she gets a feeder at some point (gencon? Anniversary?)

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    I'm in the same boat with a few of my fives too. 

Cable is at 2/5/5 with 5 saved covers
    CW Cap is 5/5/2 with 4 saved covers. (Peggy is at 322).
    Doc Ock is at 5/5/2 with 4 also. (carnage is 350, so waiting him out for 360 is realistic)  

Kinda just want them champed just to do it, but thinking of waiting til the end of the year in hopes that some beneficial change will happen. 

Dunno about Cable as I don't see many of the xmen getting feeders anytime soon with the new "it's gotta be special" reasoning now. 
  • Team_Jacob
    yeah, I'm going to pump people for information at gencon. 

I'm hoping anniversary will be a "special occasion". 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, I'm going to pump people for information at gencon. 

I'm hoping anniversary will be a "special occasion". 
    I expect at minimum that we get a feeder at the Anniversary.....assuming they are still trying by then.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    I'd assume one feeder for Endgame DVD release, then possibly two for anniversary. 

Rescue seems the obvious choice for the DVD. Hulk buster or Riri, but can easily see Thanos too, which be a big hit being very low level for the majority. My champed Thanos has yet to pull even the first LT champ level. 

Anniversary, I'd imagine would be a good time to give a couple of x characters a feeder. 

Banner will never get a feeder.

• Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Use 3 and get value from Hela now.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I would wait. I believe we should never waste a cover. Especially a 5* one. It's a matter of time, just that.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    You need to consider how much you'd use her if you champed her. If you think you'll be using her all the time, then the swap is worth it. Otherwise, wait for a feeder.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    658_2 said:
    I'm about to be in this position with my 3/4/5 Thanos. I've got Gamora at 319, so she's 1 cover away from giving me what will be my 8th Green Thanos cover. I'll be busting into my mini-hoard (42 LTs) next Monday for an Iceman cover. Maybe I'll get a bonus black or purple Thanos, maybe I won't.

I won't have Gamora as my 4* BH though as that privilege currently belongs to my 2/2/3 Mysterio. Although, a T10 CL9 finish when he's the placement reward will get me to 10 covers, and T10 is possible. Even if I come in T20 and only get covers 8 & 9, I'll still get a 10th cover for him in the following event from progression.

Anyway, what I'm saying is I may shortly have 3 Saved covers for my 3/4/5 Thanos, and what you're saying makes sense. Thanos at 450 will be just as useful to me as Thanos at 453, and a 5/5/3 (or 5/3/5) Thanos at 450 is a lot more useful than a 3/4/5 Thanos at 435. So I most likely will spend the Saved covers to Champion and respec him.
  • Team_Jacob
    honestly, I agree with you here, but I'm not seeing the same math for my Hela.

That being said, if you get a BH Thanos, you'll be happy with a 453 Thanos, that extra 3% on summon death is nice.
  • Team_Jacob
    justsing said:
    You need to consider how much you'd use her if you champed her. If you think you'll be using her all the time, then the swap is worth it. Otherwise, wait for a feeder.
    Yeah, she's fun in wave nodes, that's about where I'm at with my use of her. I'll wait for a feeder.
  • New_Doug
    New_Doug Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Wait... Feeders are still a thing?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Hela retired to classic at 5/2/4, so i'm right behind you waiting on a feeder.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    My hela only made it to 0-2-2. But I use my cp on classics. So her journey is only truly starting now for me.
  • Team_Jacob
    tiomono said:
    My hela only made it to 0-2-2. But I use my cp on classics. So her journey is only truly starting now for me.
    I would love it if I could be that patient, but whenever I try I get burned in the meta by the newest 5* and try to chase late (Okoye and Kitty esp). 

That 25% higher ROI sounds soo so good to me, but getting dismembered by the RNG and my expectations just deflates where I end up.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    tiomono said:
    I would love it if I could be that patient, but whenever I try I get burned in the meta by the newest 5* and try to chase late (Okoye and Kitty esp). 

That 25% higher ROI sounds soo so good to me, but getting dismembered by the RNG and my expectations just deflates where I end up.
    Yeah it can be rough. You see that purple and get excited thinking you might finish somebody at 12 covers but you get your 6th black on your 2-5-0 kingpin. Having only 15 colors out of 78 that will be s saved cover makes the odds good. But you are so much more painfully aware when you do hit those saved covers.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly don't understand the "save the covers" mantra.  If you want to use her, then the best thing is to trade the 3:1 covers.  I did that with Thor, Kitty and Thanos and don't regret it one bit.  The difference between a non-champed/champed 5* is huge.  Those extra levels once they are champed are really not that big a deal.  IMHO.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly don't understand the "save the covers" mantra.  If you want to use her, then the best thing is to trade the 3:1 covers.  I did that with Thor, Kitty and Thanos and don't regret it one bit.  The difference between a non-champed/champed 5* is huge.  Those extra levels once they are champed are really not that big a deal.  IMHO.
    Given the rarity of 5* covers, I completely understand not wanting to churn 3 covers into 1 colorless cover.  Keep in mind that while 3 levels doesn't really mean squat in battles, it does add up to an LT, 5k iso, and 25 CP in rewards, which is a decent reason to not convert given that attaining those three covers that you used for the colorless are almost impossible to get again once the 5* in question heads into Classic tokens.