2»

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    DumasAG said:
    starfall said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:
    I like those little touches like the Masterpiece borders, they give me a little joy...

... but fixing in game lag would give me MONTHS of joy. Every time I play a game. Fix that instead.
    What game lag? I play the game on both iPhone and Android and short of the fact that the opening sequence seems infinite - in game play is clean and fast. 
    Well, I admit that having just got a brand new phone, the game is a little smoother. Also, with the appallingly slow load times, I'm not about to go and do a bunch of testing, so, I'll get back to you on further specifics (probably when we play some Legacy events). But, in general: fetching and mass gem conversion tend to cause stuttering, and Vanguards cause pauses in gameplay.
    I’m so confused by the load time complaints, because I have yet to experience any issues with load time. On average how long do y’all have to wait for a match to begin?
    The delay I've noticed is when you first start the app, it does seem to take > 30 seconds (38 in my one timed test), probably 10-15 seconds longer than in the past...  ""Loading data"
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    It takes me about a minute to get from the end of one game to the start of the next.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77028/games-taking-longer-to-start
    Interesting. Not running into that at start or stop of game
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Leaders are no longer functioning. Tokens do not reinforce leaders.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Servos are malfunctioning, not like two years before when they were new and phones less powerful. 

Leaders do not lead anymore. 

And that's are only two new heads of the hydra. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    DumasAG said:
    starfall said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:
    I like those little touches like the Masterpiece borders, they give me a little joy...

... but fixing in game lag would give me MONTHS of joy. Every time I play a game. Fix that instead.
    What game lag? I play the game on both iPhone and Android and short of the fact that the opening sequence seems infinite - in game play is clean and fast. 
    Well, I admit that having just got a brand new phone, the game is a little smoother. Also, with the appallingly slow load times, I'm not about to go and do a bunch of testing, so, I'll get back to you on further specifics (probably when we play some Legacy events). But, in general: fetching and mass gem conversion tend to cause stuttering, and Vanguards cause pauses in gameplay.
    I’m so confused by the load time complaints, because I have yet to experience any issues with load time. On average how long do y’all have to wait for a match to begin?
    Every time I get a loading screen it takes about a minute.

So my average game (assuming the app is already open, that is)

1 min to load event page
    1 min to "claim match"
    1 min of black screen after starting match
    Match
    1 min to finish match and get ribbons
    1 min to load event page
    1 min to "claim match" and get rewards/standings update

Takes 7-12 min per match depending on how long I take to win.
    I usually only make it though 4 TG matches during my 45 min commute every morning.  I used to be able to clear both TG and some RT too.

And my phone is an LG G6 that's like 2 years old.  Certainly not something that should be struggling to run an app like this.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    The Loop Control System doesn't work. Specifically, it causes soft locks. When it comes up with the notice, it still refers to the Loop Prevention System. it has only NOT caused a lock and a loss 2 out of the 8 or so times it has been triggered. Things like this make the game NOT FUN. 

Especially in the new event where not all secondaries are counted and opponents have very high life. Some kind of recursive loop is the only way to grind through the new event, and even doing that causes a loss more times than not.

In the end, these Loop systems utterly fail to do what they set out to accomplish - allow players to play the game instead of having a loop end the match, either by looping infinitely, or by crashing the game. GREAT JOB!!!!

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ampersand said:
    The Loop Control System doesn't work. Specifically, it causes soft locks. When it comes up with the notice, it still refers to the Loop Prevention System. it has only NOT caused a lock and a loss 2 out of the 8 or so times it has been triggered. Things like this make the game NOT FUN. 

Especially in the new event where not all secondaries are counted and opponents have very high life. Some kind of recursive loop is the only way to grind through the new event, and even doing that causes a loss more times than not.

In the end, these Loop systems utterly fail to do what they set out to accomplish - allow players to play the game instead of having a loop end the match, either by looping infinitely, or by crashing the game. GREAT JOB!!!!

If you have an Android, you can use your Back button to stop the LCS soft lock.

(unfortunately, iphone users are out of luck, but thought I'd mention it)
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    @madwren
    yup, I'm on an iPhone : :'(
  • Eddyguardo
    Eddyguardo Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Load times are frustrating and very long